Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska.

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco: 'We don't tear people down. No profanity or emasculating in teaching'

>>Diaco’s three-year run as UConn head coach was perhaps best known for his quirky comments and ideas, like creating a rivalry with UCF. Asked to describe himself, Diaco was reflective of that perception.

“Tying not to myself too seriously, my family would probably describe me, in a psychological way, as obsessive compulsive or all those terms,” he said. “I would say I just believe things should be done a certain way, so I don’t know why that has to be coded with anything. Like, I want to straighten out all your microphones right now. I’m slightly compelled to do it, but I think I would disrupt the meeting.<<

He's your problem now, Huskers.

edit: oh god, they're taking the bait, too :/

Bob Diaco Introductory Presser - Husker Football

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It wasn't defense that doomed BD. It was his 1940's approach to offense, his failure to recruit/coach up QBs & WRs not named Thomas. His defense didnt fall apart til the second half of this season. Offense was non existent for 3 years of BD.

Reaction Score
It wasn't defense that doomed BD. It was his 1940's approach to offense, his failure to recruit/coach up QBs & WRs not named Thomas. His defense didnt fall apart til the second half of this season. Offense was non existent for 3 years of BD.
What doomed Diaco was hiring guys like Mike Cummings who he had taken family vacations with in the summer for years and naming him OC. When that failed bringing in a guy like Verducci as OC instead of just naming him OL coach and firing his BFF. He came into his interview with a VERY detailed plan...but when that plan didn't work he didn't know what to do. He is back where he belongs...as a DC...and I don't think you will see him get a shot at another HC job any time too soon...if ever again.

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco: 'We don't tear people down. No profanity or emasculating in teaching'

>>Diaco’s three-year run as UConn head coach was perhaps best known for his quirky comments and ideas, like creating a rivalry with UCF. Asked to describe himself, Diaco was reflective of that perception.

“Tying not to myself too seriously, my family would probably describe me, in a psychological way, as obsessive compulsive or all those terms,” he said. “I would say I just believe things should be done a certain way, so I don’t know why that has to be coded with anything. Like, I want to straighten out all your microphones right now. I’m slightly compelled to do it, but I think I would disrupt the meeting.<<
Narcissistic would have sufficed. Verbal diarrhea....He's a magician with words. It's all a way to distract the common man from seeing his flaws. Smh

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is true up to a point. Hate to break it to ya, TDH, but just because he come from an SEC program, Lashlee's offense is run heavy. Presumably his calls will utilize player skills more efficiently and result in first downs and scoring opportunities. If Diaco's offense got a first down or two on even a bare majority of drives, his philosophy would have had a 1/2 chance of working.

Reaction Score
This is true up to a point. Hate to break it to ya, TDH, but just because he come from an SEC program, Lashlee's offense is run heavy. Presumably his calls will utilize player skills more efficiently and result in first downs and scoring opportunities. If Diaco's offense got a first down or two on even a bare majority of drives, his philosophy would have had a 1/2 chance of working.
You misunderstood me or I wasn't. BD should never be let near an offense. He should have hire a good OC and never got in his way. But even on D, his bend dont break approach is ridiculously conservative.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As much as I liked Diaco for 2 1/2 seasons here, I just cannot listen to him talk anymore. Just as an aside though, Blackshirts are a Nebraska thing. Diaco isn't starting that on his own. I didn't listen to the sound bite (can't do it as I said before), but I don't know if that was clear.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
As much as I liked Diaco for 2 1/2 seasons here, I just cannot listen to him talk anymore. Just as an aside though, Blackshirts are a Nebraska thing. Diaco isn't starting that on his own. I didn't listen to the sound bite (can't do it as I said before), but I don't know if that was clear.

I didn't listen to it either but reading the quote didn't make sense.

Reaction Score
I happen to think Diaco will do well there. As long as they keep him in charge of planning the defensive and keep him more than 500 Nebraska miles away from any "program level" decisions. He all but admitted he wasn't cut out to be a HC.

Reaction Score
I happen to think Diaco will do well there. As long as they keep him in charge of planning the defensive and keep him more than 500 Nebraska miles away from any "program level" decisions. He all but admitted he wasn't cut out to be a HC.
I think so too. Every great HC has incredible attention to detail, but is also an executive, able to view the game in a broader perspective to manage all three phases.

Dude is way too OCD to be a head coach. Coordinator is his ceiling. They also need to keep him --- away from press conferences

Reaction Score
He needs to be kept as far as possible from anyone who has even the worst ability to hear. He is making me fall in love with UCONN football again. Go Huskies

Reaction Score

Where did he all but admit he wasn't cut out to be a head coach? I'd like to read/see that. I thought he hadn't addressed it yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom