Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska. | The Boneyard

Diaco to Arkansas As DC??? or Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I saw on NBC this evening about Diaco being interviewed by Coach Bret Bielema. How would this affect his pay out? Do the Donors who ponyed up get their checks back? I would imagine this could work out in the school's favor.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Maybe they could understand his English in Arkansas. Haha.

Reaction Score
Donors didn't fund the buyout. Athletic department funded it

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I saw on NBC this evening about Diaco being interviewed by Coach Bret Bielema. How would this affect his pay out? Do the Donors who ponyed up get their checks back? I would imagine this could work out in the school's favor.

UConn canned Diaco, he gets the buyout. What he does now is up to him, none of UConn's business. It would be great to have that $3.4M back, but it ain't happening.

Reaction Score
Might be some offset though if he gets a new job. He keeps buyout less New salary. Some buyouts are structured that way. Haven't actually read his though.

Reaction Score
FWIF reddit is saying Nebraska is also a possibility

Reaction Score
Might be some offset though if he gets a new job. He keeps buyout less New salary. Some buyouts are structured that way. Haven't actually read his though.
I was curious about this, too, but I think since the buyout is payable within 60 days there is no offset language

Reaction Score
I was curious about this, too, but I think since the buyout is payable within 60 days there is no offset language[/QUOTE. Ripping the band aid off I guess

Reaction Score

I was curious about this, too, but I think since the buyout is payable within 60 days there is no offset language

There was no "offset" in either of his contracts that have been made public.

Reaction Score
Arkansas seems like a cultural mismatch, but I guess if they keep him away from all microphones he could be alright. Nebraska otoh seems to make a heck of a lot of sense. A former B1G Player with recruiting ties throughout Big 10 Country would probably be an easy sell to their fan base.

Reaction Score
Maybe they could understand his English in Arkansas. Haha.
Brett Bilema better show him the interactive game video to test Disco's knowledge of what down it is.

Reaction Score
If he ever gets another HC gig, three suggestions. Game plan every game, don't treat part of the season as exhibition games, do not throw away your first season not trying to win.

Free bonus suggestion, assign an assistant to help you manage the clock at the end of games.

Reaction Score
Disco didn't win the Broyles award in 2012 for his hair and he was the DC for a team that went to the NC gme. He is most likely one of those guys who is a much better DC than a HC. IMHO he would do a good job there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Disco didn't win the Broyles award in 2012 for his hair and he was the DC for a team that went to the NC gme. He is most likely one of those guys who is a much better DC than a HC. IMHO he would do a good job there.
I dont know. The next 5 years will tell us if that is true. His recruiting philosophy for size/height vs speed and what he did with our defense this year which was loaded with returning players gives me plenty of pause.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom