Diaco on stars and recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco on stars and recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to disagree with you "DOZE860". Syracuse has been recruiting ALOT better since joining the ACC. Last year they had 1 4* player (KJ Williams) and a whole lot of ranked 3* players. This year according to 247sports Syracuse has 2 potential 4* players (Strickland and Kelly). BC has Palazzo who according to rivals is a 4* recruit with a few ranked 3* players. If we (Uconn) were in a p5 conference, we too would be recruiting a lot better.

They get some kids we can't yet get. No doubt about it. It is far from an insurmountable advantage. I've watched all the UCONN / Cuse games the last 10 years or so and they have always out recruited us based on the sites. For the vast majority of our time in the BE together UCONN had far superior athletes.

Reaction Score
anyone see Desmond Connor's tweets?

"CBS Sports recruiting analyst Tom Lemming says #UConn QB recruit Tyler Davis is the best senior QB in NY this year"

"CBS Sports National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, off road after 5 months: One name you heard more and more on the Atlantic Coast was #UConn"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
anyone see Desmond Connor's tweets?

"CBS Sports recruiting analyst Tom Lemming says #UConn QB recruit Tyler Davis is the best senior QB in NY this year"

"CBS Sports National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, off road after 5 months: One name you heard more and more on the Atlantic Coast was #UConn"

Very nice... :cool:

Reaction Score
Forgot this one too:

"Scout.com's Brian Dohn also loves QB Davis, thinks he and WR commit Nazir Williams (NJ) are very, very good."

I like all the recruits so far. Seems like Diaco got them to commit before they blew up on everyone's radar.

Reaction Score
“And by the way, it’s important that everybody understand it’s a different parameter now, period. We don’t play in a BCS conference. We don’t have an automatic tie-in. There’s a conversation about the Power 5. It’s just flat out the reality."

Nothing in this quote (from the article linked above) is untrue, but damn is it depressing. I don't think we have a single commit with a P5 offer and only one or two with other American conference offers. I know the star system is flawed. I know you don't need 4 and 5 stars to compete, but an occasional three star would be nice and you simply can't have a class full of recruits with other offers from Fordham, Albany, and Old Dominion. Most of UCF's commits have more other offers than our class combined right now.

I guess Diaco might have an edsall like ability to find diamonds in the rough and/or develop players, but just because its happened before doesn't mean it will again.

I guess I'm also happy that many of our recruits are tall or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom