Diaco headed to LaTech as DC... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco headed to LaTech as DC...

Reaction Score
I’m reaching some strange point where I kind of want to see him succeed.
No attack Purple but your reaching a strange point ??? :confused:
Most would think taking millions from UConn after the devastation and getting work elsewhere would be considered success....The guy is bullet proof and has never missed a pay day. Something many would love to have experienced and at the same time considered it successful.

Reaction Score
The last time Geno took the women's team to Ruston to play the Lady Techsters, he commented after the game that he wouldn't be returning because there are no bars in Ruston. It's a dry town.
On the other hand, Ruston reportedly still has drive-thru liquor stores. Going back a few decades, you could buy bottles, kegs, and mixed drinks for the road. Different kind of place.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I heard the AD was convinced after he read Diaco's autobiography.

hc-ss-uconn-football-bob-diaco-main-20160830.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
His guys bought in to him. They may have bought in to a bunch of BS, but they did believe in him
Yes and it’s difficult for 18 to 22 year olds to be objective and see clearly what it takes to build a roster.

Diaco the position coach is probably awesome. Diaco the manager of coaches is awful - paranoid and unwilling to work with competent coaches. Diaco the roster builder - a nightmare of mismanagement.

Reaction Score
I don't know what to say.
To the kid’s credit, he earned a UConn degree. If nothing else, he’ll gain some cultural diversification & maybe some grad degree from a so-so school. Moving forward ...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yes and it’s difficult for 18 to 22 year olds to be objective and see clearly what it takes to build a roster.

Diaco the position coach is probably awesome. Diaco the manager of coaches is awful - paranoid and unwilling to work with competent coaches. Diaco the roster builder - a nightmare of mismanagement.
Didn't Diaco the position coach crash and burn at Nebraska? Can't imagine he's that great in that capacity, let alone any capacity at this point.

Reaction Score
Captain Crantaloons is a terrific salesman. When he's speaking in words that people can actually understand, that is.

images

Reaction Score
Diaco has proven to be successful when he is not in charge. If he starts spewing nonsense, Holtz will tell him to cut it out.

I think this is a great hire by La Tech as where else are they going to be able to find such a highly qualified DC?

You sure about that? Nebraska and OU May disagree.

Reaction Score
It's super rural Lousiana. The accents are so thick he wont understand them and they wont understand him. A match made in heaven.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I almost feel bad for him. He’s failed so badly it’s scary. But, then I think about where we are thanks to him and think I don’t feel so bad.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
His guys bought in to him. They may have bought in to a bunch of BS, but they did believe in him

Define "his guys". I presume you're talking about his recruits. The guys on the team recruited by the Pasqualoni regime despised him. It also appeared that the clock management and play calling fiasco at the end of the Navy game may very well have cost him some or most of the "his guys" he may have had left by then. That team navigated the rest of that season like a rudderless ship.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Define "his guys". I presume you're talking about his recruits. The guys on the team recruited by the Pasqualoni regime despised him. It also appeared that the clock management and play calling fiasco at the end of the Navy game may very well have cost him some or most of the "his guys" he may have had left by then. That team navigated the rest of that season like a rudderless ship.

Sure. That said, I do think that Disco got better buy in from his guys than RE2 has

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom