Diaco Clarifies Misconception About Winning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco Clarifies Misconception About Winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Champions play to win all the time every time. I don't get it, but then again maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe the team was so dysfunctional that's the only approach he thought made sense. Time will tell whether he is master at talking a good game or winning good games.

Reaction Score
A quote from old Ohio State coach Woody Hayes: "Winning takes care of everything."

Beat Boise State and no one will be thinking about the post-BYU game comments.

Reaction Score
For some odd reason you care about Diaco a lot. You don't give a damn about our football program.

To the rest of us, the program comes first. We're all pulling for Diaco to succeed but at the same time we can disagree with his decisions and voice them here.

Given that you don't care about the program, you'll have to pardon me for taking your comments and insults with a large grain of academic fraud.

As I explained in an earlier post, I met Diaco a few times during his time at ND. We are certainly not what I would call friends, but I found him to be very nice and I would love to see him excell in his career. I hope that one day he might return to ND to be the head coach there. As you can see, I became a member here the day he announced that he was coming to UConn. Until that date, it is true that I didn't care about UConn football other than giving them credit for being one of the final nails in Weis' coffin at ND. So while Diaco clearly plays way, way, way too many players, and doesn't really want to win, I guess we all wish him well.

Supporting Diaco is my only reason for being here.

Reaction Score
So as long as he's appropriately contrite regarding his prior statements, he can stay. And no one here wants him fired, they just want him to apologize for comments on whether or not he wants to win. And God forbid he plays too many players in a game. I'm sure that will make him very happy. All he needs now is a vote of confidence from the AD.

The only one talking about apologies is you.

You're good at creating strawmen to fit your narrative. You're not very good at understanding that we would rather the coach just be honest and say he thinks it's more important to use the non-conference games to evaluate his talent than to gameplan for each specific team.

You obviously feel the need to defend Diaco even if it means inventing things nobody said so you can shoot them down and feel better about yourself. Nobody is asking for apologies. Nobody is talking about firing him. Are you stupid or just a ?

Why not enjoy what you have at ND? You're already looking to replace Kelly with Diaco to the extent you're fabricating arguments to disagree with. What. The. Fahk. Is. Wrong. With. You?

Reaction Score
The only one talking about apologies is you.

You're good at creating strawmen to fit your narrative. You're not very good at understanding that we would rather the coach just be honest and say he thinks it's more important to use the non-conference games to evaluate his talent than to gameplan for each specific team.

You obviously feel the need to defend Diaco even if it means inventing things nobody said so you can shoot them down and feel better about yourself. Nobody is asking for apologies. Nobody is talking about firing him. Are you stupid or just a ?

Why not enjoy what you have at ND? You're already looking to replace Kelly with Diaco to the extent you're fabricating arguments to disagree with. What. The. Fahk. Is. Wrong. With. You?

You're right, the support for Diaco here is incredible. He plays just the right number of players, and everyone is fully behind his thoughts on how he wants to plan the season. And while I would like to see him back at ND, I don't think he's ready for that job yet. you guys have convinced me of that.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You're right, the support for Diaco here is incredible. He plays just the right number of players, and everyone is fully behind his thoughts on how he wants to plan the season. And while I would like to see him back at ND, I don't think he's ready for that job yet. you guys have convinced me of that.

Shut up. For real.Shut up.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Supporting Diaco is my only reason for being here.

I have an idea. Go start a Diaco message board. Really. I'll even buy you the domain.

Invite all your ND friends (if you have any)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

2778617-not_sure_if_trolling_or_just_stupid.jpg

Reaction Score
You guys are incredibly sensitive. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom