Diaco cannot be serious | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco cannot be serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Offensive just has very limited talent. You can't make something out of nothing. Nick Saban could not get much more with the talent available. No problem critique in the coaches but we are looking at 3 to 4 years here. Nobody wants to hear patience but that is what we need to do here.

Reaction Score
Offensive just has very limited talent. You can't make something out of nothing. Nick Saban could not get much more with the talent available. No problem critique in the coaches but we are looking at 3 to 4 years here. Nobody wants to hear patience but that is what we need to do here.

I disagree, because once we threw the ball, positive things happened.

Reaction Score
For now, all he can do is coach the players he inherited. That being said, I think they could try throwing some quick slants to Davis et al, or utilize the screen pass more - the line isn't blocking effectively anyway, so a screen pass or three might be an effective weapon. We can't judge him based on this year; there isn't a coach on this earth who could take this group and turn them into "winners" in 7 months...

I still have confidence in Diaco. Give him time.

Reaction Score
When backed up against the goal line and really USF knew we were going to only run, so why not tell Whitmer, take a quick 2 step drop and just throw up a bomb downfield to Davis and let him go after it and take your chance. At worse they intercept and its as good as a punt. Why not try, why not do something different.

Reaction Score
If anything hurt more than watching what I consider one of the worse UCFB performances in 40 years, it was the commentators making sarcastic (and sometimes disguised jokes)comments relative to the program.

I was whole heartedly agreeing with them that the games was close to being the worst performance in UCFB history.

Excuses don't cut it with me anymore.

UCFB play under similar weather circumstances, and maybe less talent, at the 1-aa level, .......with more success.

I can't think of a respectful adjective to describe this mess.

Reaction Score
this is part of the process
we are in development stage
we saw a lot of progress out there
we are at level 100 right now as a team
this is only the second quarter of the season
were going to evaluate the OL and scale things back next game
our defense played great- USF only scored 3 points in the last 3 quarters
were going to minimize false starts

this is exactly what diaco is going to say and I'm sick of the rhetoric! it's the same story every week and it's clearly not working!

"Weist's team" took 5 games before things changed. Totally new staff. Total complexion of the roster has changed. And we're 4 games in. OL is the make or break area especially for this offense. It doesn't look good for sure and the team is without Cochran.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
When backed up against the goal line and really USF knew we were going to only run, so why not tell Whitmer, take a quick 2 step drop and just throw up a bomb downfield to Davis and let him go after it and take your chance. At worse they intercept and its as good as a punt. Why not try, why not do something different.
A bomb after a two step drop?

Was that post the result of losing a bet?

Reaction Score
You can't throw a bomb when you don't have time to let Davis get down the field. The O line doesn't give him enough time for that kind of play. They need to run quick slants that don't require the line to hold off the D for more than a second or two. But you are right, they need to do something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom