Diaco Calls on Fanbase: "Please Come" | The Boneyard

Diaco Calls on Fanbase: "Please Come"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm sure there will be another PROMO for cheap tickets this week. Let's ' fill our goddam stadium and make Boise earn every yard. 10am start for those guys.

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 11m
Diaco to fanbase: "I got it. We've got to have a great product and we're going to so please come.:

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 14m
Diaco to the fanbase the people who didn't come to the game: "I understand. I got it - but please come."

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 11m
"Hopefully student body will come and opponent won't necessarily matter whether top 10 or bottom 10 opponent"

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 12m
"Want people there cheering hard for 4 quarters"

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 13m
"More games we win, did fans come and then team won or did team win then fans came, I understand, we have to have a great product & we will"

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 14m
"To people that didn't come, I understand, I got it, but please come, it's about a state engagement, university pride, cheer on state school

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 15m
"I don't want to come across as a berating for people that were not there, honored to have the fans we had, thank you for coming"

Reaction Score
I will be there with 5 other members of my family. First game in about 3 years since moving. Making arrangements to catch the game on the 19th of this month as well!

Reaction Score
I have an extra ticket for anyone who wants it. 222 - 30 yard line eight rows up. PM me. Must use it and meet me at Blue Lot

Reaction Score
Time to give a Diaco a break for the BYU post game comments. I didn't like them, but for better or worse he is the guy trying to save our football program. He is pleading to the fan base here. He saw the turnout against Stony Brook. He knows what he is up against.

He is paid handsomely, and for that we don't want to hear what we heard post game after the first game. I vote to give him a mulligan. Let's rally behind the team this weekend.

Reaction Score
I'll be there. If getting trounced by Buffalo didn't lose me, I guess barely beating Stony Brook in the sweltering heat won't do it, either.

But please, Mother Nature... enough of that. I'd like to be able to breathe this time.

Reaction Score
Time to give a Diaco a break for the BYU post game comments. I didn't like them, but for better or worse he is the guy trying to save our football program. He is pleading to the fan base here. He saw the turnout against Stony Brook. He knows what he is up against.

He is paid handsomely, and for that we don't want to hear what we heard post game after the first game. I vote to give him a mulligan. Let's rally behind the team this weekend.

I'm one of his biggest supporters despite the decisions I disagree with. But i'm not letting those comments go until the season starts.

:D

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Give people a reason to show up and cheer...

And by that, I mean people that live outside the Boneyard. We'll be there no matter what. But other folks need more.

Reaction Score
I'm one of his biggest supporters despite the decisions I disagree with. But i'm not letting those comments go until the season starts.

I will admit, those were tough to stomach. But he is making passioned plea here. This guy is always selling this program even as he sorts through the rubble in trying to lay a solid foundation. He probably regrets the exact words he used though not the message.

Reaction Score
If God were coach it still would take 2-3 years to get this program to be where it should be.
It's a worthwhile investment in our time & money to support this program on it's way up.
Should we wait 2-3 years to start winning big, it might be too late to be taken by a p-5 conference.
UCF, Cinn., and possibly USF might get picked ahead of us. Then, it'll be the Tulsa's of the world....forever.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If God were coach it still would take 2-3 years to get this program to be where it should be.
It's a worthwhile investment in our time & money to support this program on it's way up.
Should we wait 2-3 years to start winning big, it might be too late to be taken by a p-5 conference.
UCF, Cinn., and possibly USF might get picked ahead of us. Then, it'll be the Tulsa's of the world....forever.

I think USF is dead at this point. Just as bad football, worse fans, no basketball.

Reaction Score

I'm with you. Here again: I wrote this elsewhere, will again. I support this guy 100%, all the way, until I have reason not too, and I don't foresee that any time soon. Why? 2 things.

#1. He's taken a team that was completely dysfunctional and divided, and crumbled mentally and physically at the first hint of anything, and turned them into a team that competes, is mentally tough, and plays together. He's had a bare minimum of procedural type penalties and procedural type problems through 2 games, even with massive substitutions and screwy game planning. That indicates the guy has a disciplined system of motivated, organizing and then getting well over 100+ people to get together to accomplish a task. We haven't had that since Edsall left. That's base fundamentals of management, of any group of people, for anything, and basic fundamentals of being a football coach. Getting all those players to run through wall for 60 minutes, for each other, and for the good of their team, come hell or high water, and then doing it organized.

That's what he's done.

Now on to what he's said:

#2. Either inadvertently, by luck, or even better, by calculation, and going public with this press statement about a "preparatory" phase thing, he's effectively deflected all blame for any of the crappy football, or weirdness in game plans, from his players and coaching staff, to himself - and he's shouldered the responsibility. Sometimes you need, luck, and I'm leaning toward it being a mistake, and him getting lucky.

The problem, with what he's said, (Not necessarily done) is injuries. I've kept basically quiet about it, but it's there, and it's reality. When you don't settle on roster yourself, the football gods will settle on one for you. So until the regular season starts, he doesn't get a pass on having said it.

So, until the regular season starts, and we settle on roster, and tighten it all up, with these massive rotations and substitutions, and have the opportunity to get faster, and better at blocking and tackling during the week in practices, it's all on Coach Diaco because of what he's said, either by mistake or by design, irrelevant, the players have room to develop, the coaches have room to learn and develop, and we still have a chance to be 2-1 at the end of preseason, in the public eye.

back to what he's actually been in charge of and done as a coach, really, as I've said again, before, if we manage to put an offensive lineup together that does not to turn the ball over twice in the first quarter, and we stay together as a team, fight to the end, and stay strong and disciplined mentally and physically, all other things developing and equal through 2 games, we should have a good chance to win this game. Or at least be in position to win as the game winds down. That's all I can ask.

Get us in position to win the game, then let the players decide. That's Diaco's job.

I'm looking for him to do it. Game 1 was failure for Coach. Game 2 was success. Game 3? TBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom