DHam Working Out in LA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DHam Working Out in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only if you're paying for it.

img_5129.jpg

The one on the left has a member. Kinda looks like a place down the street from me.

Reaction Score
Only if you're paying for it.

img_5129.jpg

Well this is certainly a reminder as to why, when perusing the Boneyard, one should not start a thread by working backward - because if this is where D-Ham is working out this Summer in LA (lucky him) I think he is certainly enjoying himself but his BB skills will not necessarily be improving.

Reaction Score
going against that "talent", he can certainly work on his "ball" handling.

Well this is certainly a reminder as to why, when perusing the Boneyard, one should not start a thread by working backward - because if this is where D-Ham is working out this Summer in LA (lucky him) I think he is certainly enjoying himself but his BB skills will not necessarily be improving.

Reaction Score
I dont think his dribble is too high, i think he looked down while dribbling alot during the season. Also he would have a moved planned before he really saw the defense. Moreover if the defense did something unexpected, he was screwed (jumping in the air with the ball with nowhere to pass too). If he can keep his head up and use his dribbling skills to take what the defense gives him, he'll be unstoppable!!!

I felt like this was more Purvis early in the season. Hamilton did get stuck sometimes, but I was wowed with his ability to drive the lane and make adjustments as he went to get his turn around fade with the perfect amount of space right near the rim. He seemed to move in slow-motion yet keep the defender completely befuddled

Reaction Score
I felt like this was more Purvis early in the season. Hamilton did get stuck sometimes, but I was wowed with his ability to drive the lane and make adjustments as he went to get his turn around fade with the perfect amount of space right near the rim. He seemed to move in slow-motion yet keep the defender completely befuddled

I agree he definitely got better as the season went on. I'm really hopefull that we will be a more dominant offensive version of Dham. I mean the kid can shoot the ball well. He can get into the lane and float it. He can take it all the way to the hole, AND we all know he's amazing at getting into the lane, drawing the defense and then floating up the ooop to *insert big man, most likely Amida*. He should really have a very good look at the hoop any time he touches the ball OR be able to get someone else a very good look. I think him being the drive and dish guy can really bring alot of offense not only out of our bigs, but the guards too. I think last year we just saw mostly potential and natural ability. I'm hoping he starts to realize that potential more this year.

Reaction Score
I'm quite sure that KO had that on his list, but one of the problems is always going to be that he is not guard size so his dribble is always going to be a bit higher and little guards are always going to be able to steal some from him. The key is to limit that by awareness. Maybe less of an issue in NBA sized players.
I dont think his dribble is too high, i think he looked down while dribbling alot during the season. Also he would have a moved planned before he really saw the defense. Moreover if the defense did something unexpected, he was screwed (jumping in the air with the ball with nowhere to pass too). If he can keep his head up and use his dribbling skills to take what the defense gives him, he'll be unstoppable!!!

His dribble was too high at the beginning, but got lower as the season progressed. When you're tall, it's awkward keeping beeping it below the knee, which is maybe why his head dropped. In these clips he is trying to keep it low with head up. The ball only comes up when he changes direction. The key to mastering a skill is repetition, which is what he' s doing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom