DH Post Presser Creighton 2/1 | The Boneyard

DH Post Presser Creighton 2/1

Reaction Score
Not a happy guy...shocked and embarrassed said a few times.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Who is? Besides Creighton

Looks like Danny is McDermott's little toy

Reaction Score
"We've got to find a way to play better when we come in here" .....not a great home court for this group to say the least.

Reaction Score
I feel like Danny is a puppeteer with this team and if a set doesn’t work, we look like robots and not basketball players.

We typically struggle when we have limited time to prep for a team because he can’t script like he wants.

With ample time to prep for Villanova, I assume we will play much better, but I still think he runs too many sets with complex actions to get a shot. I would like to see us be better at simple concepts like the pick and roll, slip a screen etc.

Reaction Score
I wonder what the Villanova post-game presser will sound like. The quotes about the bench are most concerning to me.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
“We did bizarre -hit with the ball” lol

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I was hoping that he would verbalize some sort of plan to help his players get over rushing their shots And feeling “tight” I.e. psyching themselves out.
other teams outside shooters seem confident most of the time. UConn’s players are confident when things are going their way. But when they miss a few, you can just sense the depredations that they feel like nothing is going in again

Reaction Score
We need to draft players who learn from mistakes. Too many dumb mistakes that are repeated over and over. In the last game, one of our seniors was totally open at the top of the key. He is NOT a three point threat. Instead of dribbling in once to take it from the free throw line, he jacked up a brick. You see stuff like this over and over. It is not a lot of different mistakes. It is the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result that is bothersome. I see the same thing in my competition (not BB). Some players remember the one in five times something stupid works. My only objection to Hurley is that he is not enough Calhounish during games. That senior should have been yanked the next time the clock stopped. Maybe then he would remember what he did.

Reaction Score
We need to draft players who learn from mistakes. Too many dumb mistakes that are repeated over and over. In the last game, one of our seniors was totally open at the top of the key. He is NOT a three point threat. Instead of dribbling in once to take it from the free throw line, he jacked up a brick. You see stuff like this over and over. It is not a lot of different mistakes. It is the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result that is bothersome. I see the same thing in my competition (not BB). Some players remember the one in five times something stupid works. My only objection to Hurley is that he is not enough Calhounish during games. That senior should have been yanked the next time the clock stopped. Maybe then he would remember what he did.
Are you talking about the same non-3-point-shooter that was totally open at the top of the key 25 times that game and "jacked up" four "bricks?" Because that same guy also jacked up four made 3-pointers, making him 50% from 3 for the game.

Reaction Score
The only player who attempted a 3 who is NOT a three point threat in that game, and is a senior, was Whaley. He was 4-8 from 3 in that game. He frankly was the only one I wanted to see shooting 3’s in that game. I think your analysis is misguided.

It’s more concerning that our guys that should be shooting them were 1-13. They’ll get it back but watching two straight games of them not falling is tough to swallow.

Reaction Score
The only player who attempted a 3 who is NOT a three point threat in that game, and is a senior, was Whaley. He was 4-8 from 3 in that game. He frankly was the only one I wanted to see shooting 3’s in that game. I think your analysis is misguided.

It’s more concerning that our guys that should be shooting them were 1-13. They’ll get it back but watching two straight games of them not falling is tough to swallow.
It appears that @CTrefugee tuned in for a moment on Tuesday, saw Whaley miss a 3, turned it off, then went to the Boneyard 3 days later without reading anything, including the dang box score, to complain about Squirrel's pattern of repeatedly taking stupid shots.

pj

Reaction Score

Why don't you name names? Was "that senior" Isaiah Whaley, who made 4-8 threes and was the game's leading scorer? RJ Cole, who leads the team in scoring and shoots 33% on 3s? Tyler Polley, whose role is 3 point marksman? Or Tyrese Martin, the team's third leading scorer and a 42% 3-pt shooter on the season (19/45)?

Just want to know who I should be made at for taking an open 3 pointer.

Reaction Score
This supports what I said. Fans, in addition to players, recall WHEN it works. Whaley is .303 for the season in three pointers. His % from closer in is very good.

Reaction Score
This supports what I said. Fans, in addition to players, recall WHEN it works. Whaley is .303 for the season in three pointers. His % from closer in is very good.
In that game IT worked. FWIW both Cole and Polley are shooting .327, Gaffney .313, Hawkins .321. So if our “shooters” are all shooting within percentage points of him should they not shoot either? Are you aware anything over 35% in college is considered a GOOD three point percentage? He’s not that far off that with not being a three point shooter. It’s a terribly misguided argument you’re having. Not to mention you said uconn should “draft” better players, that lack of it all makes your cause even less.

Reaction Score
Please don't misquote me just to make a point.
Haha. The point was you said “draft” not recruit, and by saying they need to find players who make less mistakes that insinuates they need to find better players. I would probably just quit your argument because you’re grasping for straws now

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
We need to draft players who learn from mistakes.
Platt81 said:
Not to mention you said uconn should “draft” better players, that lack of it all makes your cause even less.
Please don't misquote me just to make a point.

I mean I'm sure you meant recruit (via portal) but... on the Boneyard you better not misspeak, especially when it appears to be spouting nonsense. :D

Whaley is fine shooting 3s, in fact I think all of our guys should have free rein to shoot them if they have a good opportunity - especially with our strong OR ability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom