Devereaux Peters Waived by Indiana | The Boneyard

Devereaux Peters Waived by Indiana

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Pretty good player, I wonder what happened? Anyone have any intel?

psconn

Reaction Score
If I'm Coach Miller, I'm on the phone to Lynetta Kizer ASAP to get a feel for the situation. At one point she was seen as a possible successor to Tamika Catchings, now cut loose for no return. ?!?!?!

About a year ago the Indianapolis Star wrote:

"Devereaux Peters knows how hard it is to crack that Lynx lineup. The WNBA’s No. 3 draft choice from 2012 started four games in four years for the Lynx.

Now that she is on the Indiana Fever, though, the 6-2 Notre Dame graduate is transitioning into a role just as daunting: the forward who succeeds Tamika Catchings.

'She’s ready to make that jump,' coach Stephanie White said Monday at the Fever’s media day. “She’s ready to make that next step in her career to a more substantial role. It’s big for us to have her. Her experience, her mentality, her toughness. Now she’s just got to get familiar with our system and the way that we play.”

Peters was acquired in a Feb. 2 trade sending Natasha Howard to the Lynx. Howard was once projected to be the forward to succeed Catchings.

Peters had a career scoring average of 4.2 with the Lynx, including 3.2 last season. The 26-year-old Chicagoan said family and friends welcomed the trade because it brought her closer to home. She welcomed the change because of a potentially larger role."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I always thought she was overrated just like diggins who has done nothing in the wnba.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
maybe they're making space for unproven rookies...

hopefully you post about every player that's going to get waived

psconn

Reaction Score
Just found out she has torn her labrum in both hips... had surgery and is doing rehab. Done till next season. Peters is a good player, her waiver would have been more of a story than "every player who is going to get waived" if it didn't involve a season-ending injury.

Reaction Score
Diggins is a perennial All Star, has been a All WNBA 1st team member, and has been top 2 in the league in scoring, Diggins has done a lot in the WNBA.
And how many wnba and ncaa championships has she won? How many wnba finals has she brought her team to? Thats how i judge a wnba player to call them great.

Reaction Score
Just found out she has torn her labrum in both hips... had surgery and is doing rehab. Done till next season. Peters is a good player, her waiver would have been more of a story than "every player who is going to get waived" if it didn't involve a season-ending injury.

Wasn't she frequently injured while at ND as well?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And how many wnba and ncaa championships has she won? How many wnba finals has she brought her team to? Thats how i judge a wnba player to call them great.
The list of great players in the NBA and WNBA who have never won championships in college or at the pro level is too numerous to mention. I think your statement is a bit harsh and cynical. How would you like your career job performance rated on how many employee of the year plaques you received or how often your firm/corporation/warehouse/sanitation department was rated #1 in the country?

psconn

Reaction Score
Not to get lost in the anti-Irish nonsense... here's hoping Ms. Peters a swift and complete recovery and successful return to the court. Also, her Mom is apparently in the hospital. Best wishes for a positive outcome there too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't like Diggins. Never liked her at ND (it's not a ND thing - I liked Peters a lot). But she's a terrific player. To judge how "good" she is based solely on winning NC's and WNBA titles is just ... bizarro... ;)

Reaction Score

I'm no diggins fan but you can say this with a lot of WNBA players. That's such an unfair statement to make

There are plenty of players that have a WNBA and NCAA championship but aren't great. Just like there are plenty of players that don't have those championships that are great players

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
How many has anyone won outside of being UConn players

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My impression was of two neh-culturny comments with a dubious relationship with the truth.
Do you speak Russian? I love that phrase. It's equivalent appears in a lot of cultures.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Do you speak Russian? I love that phrase. It's equivalent appears in a lot of cultures.

No, but I love that phrase; pull it out once a decade or so.
Last time in minutes describing a meeting with an ignorant administrator of a failing high school
in the North Bronx...My retirement job.

Caused quite a stir, I recall.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nice to see a thread with so snark in it; signs of healing ;). We have less than 6 months before practice begins and far less before summer practice/Italy trip.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So by your reckoning, just so we're clear, Russell Westbrook has had a "nothing" season this year because he won't end up with the big team trophy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom