Developing Jackson’s Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Developing Jackson’s Game

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
So to be clear, you regret continuously reading all the posts, posting yourself,, and go back to whittling?
Think it's more of him calling you out for being captain obvious.

Reaction Score
I know this was said about Sanogo's game as well, but if you surround AJax with shooters his passing game will flourish, and it'd open up the paint for him

2 corner shooters, an all around shot creator, Sanogo down low and Jackson at the point could be a ridiculously lethal starting lineup.

Something like... Hawkins in a corner, Samson in a corner (hopefully he can shoot!), Jackson at the point, Sanogo down low, and one of these big guards we're recruiting on the other wing. That could be deadly on both ends. Athleticism, length, playmaking, strength, etc.

Reaction Score
So to be clear, you regret continuously reading all the posts, posting yourself,, and go back to whittling?
To be clear, I get agitated trying to find recruiting news, etc, but having to filter through 10 Bouk should stay or go threads, and 10 Jackson needs to shoot better threads.

All created by people who must feel like their take is so profound that it deserves its own stand alone thread, versus posting in the original one that was made.

Reaction Score
2 corner shooters, an all around shot creator, Sanogo down low and Jackson at the point could be a ridiculously lethal starting lineup.

Something like... Hawkins in a corner, Samson in a corner (hopefully he can shoot!), Jackson at the point, Sanogo down low, and one of these big guards we're recruiting on the other wing. That could be deadly on both ends. Athleticism, length, playmaking, strength, etc.
The portal will be interesting from what I hear.

Reaction Score
When Jackson is in the game he is never looking to attack because his handle is not that strong. Its def good enough to bring the ball up or beat a press but not to drive past someone and score in the lane. He also, can't shoot so when he's in the game all he can do is make a nice pass or grab an offensive rebound and dunk. Not great for a half court game.

I don't mind him bringing the ball up and making the post pass or set up offense but his lack of scoring would be a liability.

Reaction Score
To be clear, I get agitated trying to find recruiting news, etc, but having to filter through 10 Bouk should stay or go threads, and 10 Jackson needs to shoot better threads.

All created by people who must feel like their take is so profound that it deserves its own stand alone thread, versus posting in the original one that was made.
You must know that not many are as profound as you are. Must be a burden.

Reaction Score

We look like a team who desperately needs shooting. That could change very quickly if we can pick up 2 shooters for 2 of these open scholarships. Cole was 39% on threes this year, Gaffney was 36% and seems to be improving, Hawkins showed he can shoot all over the court at the high school level. Who we get with these final scholarships feels hugely important, they have to fit with what Jackson and Sanogo do best.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to restate what has already been said 49838 times. But how does one advance as far as he has with form that is so hideous. Shouldn't someone, anyone, along the way done something with it?

Reaction Score
I'm not going to restate what has already been said 49838 times. But how does one advance as far as he has with form that is so hideous. Shouldn't someone, anyone, along the way done something with it?
There are tons of examples of guys playing at the highest level that have non-traditional jump shots. Shawn Marion, the ball brothers, list goes on and on. It’d do more harm than good trying to completely rework his shot. It is what it is at this point. He can make some improvements to make for a cleaner release and better footwork. I’ve seen worse for sure. But yeah he’s gotta improve his shooting obviously. Lot to like with him still tho moving forward.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We look like a team who desperately needs shooting. That could change very quickly if we can pick up 2 shooters for 2 of these open scholarships. Cole was 39% on threes this year, Gaffney was 36% and seems to be improving, Hawkins showed he can shoot all over the court at the high school level. Who we get with these final scholarships feels hugely important, they have to fit with what Jackson and Sanogo do best.

I think Gaffney has the best looking shot on the team, including Polley. I would like to see him be able to get it off just a little more quickly. Like most short guards, Cole gets his off quickly.

Jackson is going to be huge, and I hope we see that point forward role really emerge. He just needs to get his shot to "decent" next season, 35% from 3 would be fine given his other skills. I do think he needs to attack the rim with the intent to score, not just pass. Hoping he can make some huge leaps.

It's going to be fun to watch the transfer market, in what will be an unprecedented off season.

Reaction Score

Where do you think Akok fits in?

Reaction Score
Where do you think Akok fits in?

Akok and Samson basically fill the same role. Samson is a little bit taller and more of a true 5... but they're basically both long athletic shotblockers that have a little bit, but not great shooting ability

Reaction Score
how he can have been playing competitive bball for over a decade and still have such a broken shot is a mystery to me. what kind of negligent coaches did he have growing up?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
how he can have been playing competitive bball for over a decade and still have such a broken shot is a mystery to me. what kind of negligent coaches did he have growing up?
Keep your day job and don’t try becoming a college recruiter talking about the kids former coaches like that. LOL
But, good point.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I though chef left for greener pastures?

Shortest "New Era" ever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know this was said about Sanogo's game as well, but if you surround AJax with shooters his passing game will flourish, and it'd open up the paint for him
Surrounding him with shooters is one thing, but as long as he’s a non-factor shooting the ball himself, the lane will always be clogged for him.

Reaction Score
I think Gaffney has the best looking shot on the team, including Polley. I would like to see him be able to get it off just a little more quickly. Like most short guards, Cole gets his off quickly.

Jackson is going to be huge, and I hope we see that point forward role really emerge. He just needs to get his shot to "decent" next season, 35% from 3 would be fine given his other skills. I do think he needs to attack the rim with the intent to score, not just pass. Hoping he can make some huge leaps.

It's going to be fun to watch the transfer market, in what will be an unprecedented off season.
Gaffney, for whatever reason, is just starting to reveal his skill and athleticism in games, that he has displayed in practice. Of course, Chief likes his 83% foul shooting too. The challenge for him now is to demonstrate consistent productivity.

Jackson has some unique and gifted passing skills. One thing Chief would remind him of is you don’t get additional points for degree of difficulty or style. So where the simple pass is there, take it.

I do agree he needs to attack the rim more. While Bouknight is a master of avoidance almost to a fault, I think Jackson will finish with power. True, his shot needs developing as has been discussed. I hope Danny not only views Andre as a point forward in the half court game but also in full court transition game. I don’t know where the belief came from that we shouldn’t run but that would enable us to leverage our rebounding advantage and translate rebounds into points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom