Destinee Walker to UNC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Destinee Walker to UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
In September of 2003, highly recruited Laura Harper, after initially announcing her intentions to attend UConn, changed her mind and went to Maryland. And she took fellow recruit Crystal Langhorne with her. And after being injured her freshman year, came back and won a National Championship.

There was another important recruit on that Maryland NC team that inexplicably "got away," and that was Shay Doron. She was an Israeli who came to America with her family. She had lofty bb aspirations and she enrolled at Christ the King, presumably motivated more by the opportunity to play for Bob Mackey than to study her Catechism. She made it known that she aspired to go to UConn and would likely have strengthened Geno's back court. Something went awry and she became a turtle instead of a dog. And won an NC for Brenda.

Reaction Score
Still the only team I've seen lay a whipping on UConn was UNC; and they did it in our house.
UNC also took us out 81-69 in the 1994 Elite 8, with freshman point guard Marion Jones, future Olympic track champion and known juicer.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I love how everyone who doesn't go to UCONN doesn't want to be challenged. You do realize we only have 15 scholarships. And the vast majority (of even the good players) don't get an offer.

Really, isn't the greater challenge to beat UConn?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
UNC also took us out 81-69 in the 1994 Elite 8, with freshman point guard Marion Jones, future Olympic track champion and known juicer.

Ugh. That loss hurt. But, it propelled everyone on the team to work harder for the next season :)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I find this board to be very harsh when it comes to UNC

Thats one of the reasons why

View attachment 7082

:p
You should come to some USC message boards. There are still many people who complain about UNC from when we were in the ACC. We left the ACC in 1971. Old hatred dies hard.

Reaction Score
If you aren't going to go to UConn, what are your other options?

Assuming you aren't admitted to Stanford, Muffet isn't a bad option..... what other coaches provide a good alternative..... UNC I guess is on par with other choices.....

All hail the Huskies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I love how everyone who doesn't go to UCONN doesn't want to be challenged. You do realize we only have 15 scholarships. And the vast majority (of even the good players) don't get an offer.
And no one listens to you; some just go on and bash poor teenagers that never got a scholarship offer from UConn. :( As I've said before, there are times this place reads like the Summitt.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And no one listens to you; some just go on and bash poor teenagers that never got a scholarship offer from UConn. :( As I've said before, there are times this place reads like the Summitt.
I love when people use hyperbole. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69