Desmond Williams | The Boneyard

Desmond Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Comes from UConn pedigree and also Terps lol.......but a nice pu for Southern Would seem to have been able to jump to a lower D1 school or mid major w/o a doubt. Active kid can shoot it a little and get to the hole.

He should help fill that gap of their leading scorer being the only guy gone from last years elite 8 team. Hope SCSU storms into Springfield MA next spring and wins that thing!

Reaction Score
He was a 2 time Juco all-American and was recruited by K State URI and some other D! schools but I think academics were a problem, took a year off from basketball.

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see him on Southern, and not some D1 roster. He's certainly got the basketball pedigree in his family (Murray at UConn, brother Jordan with a brief stint in the NBA), and he just looks like a basketball player; long, lanky, and a smooth athlete. He had a great JUCO career and is a good shooter with a lot of different shots in his arsenal. He definitely could've made an impact with a Division 1 program.

He'll be a nice player for Southern, and he's still only classified as a junior. Perhaps he'll be able to transfer to a bigger school for his final season, but if nothing else, Southern Connecticut is a top school in D2 so he'll at least be able to compete for a championship there. I always root for players with Connecticut roots to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom