Deshields injured [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deshields injured [merged thread]

Reaction Score
I watched the injury today on replay and I was nearly in tears man. These are young ladies, really just kids. I HATEHATE to see these precious players injured in any way. Yeah I'm a realist and I know injuries are a part of the game. But man, it's just so hard to watch.

To beat a dead horse. During the USC game when Nurse and Harris collided in the 4th period Harris bit through her upper lip. This wouldn't have happened if mouth guards were mandatory, which I am for 100%. It seems nearly after every UConn game some injury happens where a mouth guard would have mitigated an injury.
Gabby hates mouth guards. Though now she is forced to wear one after getting her tooth knocked loose.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Gabby hates mouth guards. Though now she is forced to wear one after getting her tooth knocked loose.
The human body can get used to almost anything. You can bet Kareem hated those goggles at first.

Reaction Score
I watched the replay and saw the injury. It's an unfortunate injury that happened. Diamond lost control of her dribble and her and the Alabama player were going for the loose ball. Diamond just happened to hit her head on the player's upper arm/shoulder area and then hit the floor. She was on the floor for a while and the longer she was on the floor, the more serious you knew it was.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Concussions are the most trickiest to come back from. There is no timetable for clearing and you don't know how a person responds coming back. I am hoping she gets back 100%. Never wish injury on anyone regardless of team.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think she will be fine. She was at game yesterday. Unklike when Jones had one of her concussions. When she couldn't be in the arena with lights and noise. Diamond seem alright was moving good and cheering.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good news - hope she's cleared and back to 100% soon
I do also. I think there is a chance she can play tomorrow. If she is cleared. It helps having your best player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom