Deshields injured [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Deshields injured [merged thread]

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
SECN reporting that Diamond was taken off the court on a stretcher after a collision on the court.

The video showed Diamond taking a shot to the head. I would assume the medics took standard precautionary measures but it did not look good.

Awaiting further updates. Never want to see this happen to any player. Hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
SECN reporting that Diamond was taken off the court on a stretcher after a collision on the court.

The video showed Diamond taking a shot to the head. I would assume the medics took standard precautionary measures but it did not look good.

Awaiting further updates. Never want to see this happen to any player. Hoping for the best.
From the TN board they believe she took a knee to the head diving for the ball, but also may have hurt her back and/or neck on the play.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Hate to see that. I hope it isn't too serious.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
She was taken off on a stretcher and in a neck brace. There was a report that she was sitting up in the ambulance afterwards but they are taking her to the nearby hospital for testing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hope Diamond is OK. The Lady Vols' post season fate lies with her. So goes Diamond, so goes the Lady Vols. They have no one on the bench to replace her production or leadership.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
She was taken off on a stretcher and in a neck brace. There was a report that she was sitting up in the ambulance afterwards but they are taking her to the nearby hospital for testing.

She left the court strapped down and with a neck brace on. I doubt very much she was sitting up in the ambulance. Medics are very conscious of neck, head and back injuries. If any of these are suspected, the patient will remain strapped down.

Reaction Score
Sitting up says little if it is a neck injury and she is in a neck brace. It could be just a precaution, but neck injuries can be tricky. They heal but are always in danger of re- injury. It is the least supported part of the spine, so it can become chronic. How this plays out is sure to influence her decision whether to come out early.

Reaction Score
I am watching this game.... and my heart goes out to DD.... tough hit on the court.... hope she is OK.....

It is the wrong to say this, but Tennessee is a sorry excuse for a basketball team. Putrid performance.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
From a Volnation post (the game thread) - Diamond has a concussion.

Reaction Score
Even concussions are tricky and can cause long-term issues. I wish her the best. I hate to see players getting injured badly.

Reaction Score
From a Volnation post (the game thread) - Diamond has a concussion.

Horrible. No matter the team, no matter what the rivalry, concussions are scary. No one wants to see these young ladies hurt. And, yes, they can be scary, and no one can predict how long it will take to recover, or even IF an athlete will fully recover.

Wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I was playing pick once in college and the last thing I can remember to this day is the score being 3-2. Next thing I remember I'm sitting off to the side of the court and my friends are trying to talk to me. Turns out I had made a dive for a loose ball and slammed my right temple into the side of another guy's hip.

My friends later told me this happened when the score was 12-11 ...! Which means I lost about 30 mins of my life that I'll never get back :rolleyes:

I went to health service and was diagnosed with a concussion. Didn't have much of an appetite that night, maybe a small breakfast the next morning. Dull headache for 1-2 days. No hoops for more than a week! Possibly two. I don't remember.

Reaction Score
Many of us have had a concussion and recovered fully. Hope it works that way for her.
I got my first when I was bucked off a horse. Good news: I have never had a memory of the moment I suffered the complex arm/wrist fracture. Bad News: The hospital wouldn't give me the good pain meds for quite a while as they checked my mental status over time.

Reaction Score
I wish DD a speedy recovery.
I am wondering if Kaela Davis' mom is taking note of the extra coverage DD is getting.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I watched the injury today on replay and I was nearly in tears man. These are young ladies, really just kids. I HATEHATE to see these precious players injured in any way. Yeah I'm a realist and I know injuries are a part of the game. But man, it's just so hard to watch.

To beat a dead horse. During the USC game when Nurse and Harris collided in the 4th period Harris bit through her upper lip. This wouldn't have happened if mouth guards were mandatory, which I am for 100%. It seems nearly after every UConn game some injury happens where a mouth guard would have mitigated an injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom