Des. Connor: No Change At QB | The Boneyard

Des. Connor: No Change At QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
No change at quarterback for #UConn@PaulPasqualoni said today. Johnny McEntee is still the starter however "We will continue to develop Scott McCummings".

Kill me.

Reaction Score
carlton-banks_bmqeik6c.gif

Reaction Score
In related news, suicides in CT predicted to go up 28% this week.

More seriously, if he doesn't want to change this week, before a game we have to win to get bowl eligible, I defer to his judgment. But if JM doesn't play much, much better against the 'Cuse and we lose, with a bowl off the table and two weeks to prepare for LV I will be stunned if the change isn't made then.

Reaction Score
Not surprised at all. At least the comment about McCummings suggests we will see more of him. On a side note if P were changing QB's I would not expect him to announce it to Marrone to help him game plan.

Reaction Score
In related news, suicides in CT predicted to go up 28% this week.

More seriously, if he doesn't want to change this week, before a game we have to win to get bowl eligible, I defer to his judgment. But if JM doesn't play much, much better against the 'Cuse and we lose, with a bowl off the table and two weeks to prepare for LV I will be stunned if the change isn't made then.

What's the point of making the change AFTER a bowl bid is virtually impossible?

Reaction Score
Not surprised at all. At least the comment about McCummings suggests we will see more of him. On a side note if P were changing QB's I would not expect him to announce it to Marrone to help him game plan.
+1

Reaction Score
Tells me everything I need to know about this coach and his staff.

I hope he is right and I am wrong, but the evidence to the contrary is starting to pile up.

Reaction Score
What's the point of making the change AFTER a bowl bid is virtually impossible?

Fair point. But I would respond by saying I expect him to start the player that, given everything he has to decide upon, he thinks gives us the best chance to win. I think we will find that is still JM.

My point is that after he has torched the season on that decision if we lose to Syracuse, it will be time to concede that his way didn't work and try another way to hope to build towards next year.

Reaction Score

I am not so sure. After his timeout late in the 2nd qtr.

Reaction Score
Two thoughts:

1.) HCPP needs to be a one and done. He has gone from a suspect poor hire to a bonafide disaster of a hire in less snaps than its taken Mac to have even a good quarter of football.

2.) "We will continue to develop Scott McCummings". ???? Like they have with Johnny Mac?Are you freaking kidding?

Reaction Score
Losing faith in Pasqualoni by the week. Didn't like the hire, I wanted Garrick McGee, but I got behind the hire because I'm a fan, and I want him to succeed. He deserves time to get his guys in there, but that doesn't excuse some of the things going on. One and done is harsh. Miss a bowl this year and next, and I'll be ready to grab the pitchforks.

Oh, and #freemikenebrich

Reaction Score
Expected this. At the very least, hope Coach P puts JMac on a short leash for the Cuse game. If the woes continue throughout the 1st half, bench him & go to McCummings or Nebrich.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"Johnny's clearly still the starter," Pasqualoni said. "There's competition at every position every day. What Scottie is doing is certainly productive. We're going to continue that development. In the big picture of things, Johnny handles the dropback aspect of it pretty well."

Pasqualoni sticking with McEntee

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
JM's football sense just isn't there and from P's comments he seems very afraid of allowing SM to throw the football except for fake run and throw deep play. From what little we've seen of MN, he looks to be closer to what P wants out of the position as a mobile passer but he looked uncomfortable in the game situations. A trait now obviously shared by JM.

If MN isn't seeing serious time by the Louisville game, it will.be an indictment on his future in the program and/or the coaching staff. The play has been bad enough that he should be given a look.

I'd love to know what has been keeping him off the field.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
No change at quarterback for #UConn@PaulPasqualoni said today. Johnny McEntee is still the starter however "We will continue to develop Scott McCummings".

Kill me.
Unbelievable. I think a lot of people owe Mr Burton an apology. I'm just gonna pretend for the rest of the season that PP is former Notre Dame coach Dan Devine and Mike Nebrich is Rudy.

Reaction Score
"Johnny's clearly still the starter," Pasqualoni said. "There's competition at every position every day. What Scottie is doing is certainly productive. We're going to continue that development. In the big picture of things, Johnny handles the dropback aspect of it pretty well."

Pasqualoni sticking with McEntee

Does PP understand anything about the QB position?? WTF game is he watching. One and done may not be quick enough, make the change today like in baseball.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I've seen the equivalent to this since my days watching little league where the coach would keep his son at shortstop even though the number of ground balls that went through his legs reached double digits. This can't make any sense. This is just impossibly bad "production" from a quarterback with no upside "developable skills"; he isn't fast, no rocket arm, not a growing 17 years old, not a freshman. I can't believe this is going to continue. This is just bad head coaching performance.

Reaction Score
Hard news to take! The offense is a joke and has shown no ability to score under Mac. The coach isn't winning any support here or on the field! 4 more games to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom