Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Personally, I am more worried about Omar's health and the return of his jumper. He is already here.
And if any of these swing types have checked DHam in preseason..... Well, would you want to try take his minutes?

Reaction Score
Do Mack and Jones have ultimatums that 1st commit gets the schollie?
Probably as this is pretty standard recruiting practice and both sides understand that a school can pull its offer any time before they receive a LOI. The most common reason is a player at the same position has committed. We made 3 offers to wings and all three knew we couldn't take them all. Clark is off the board and Jones knows that we are going after Mack hard and maybe that is why he isn't waiting until spring. Mack is also expecting to sign soon. Thursday should be interesting.

Reaction Score
So you are saying IF, and this is purely hypothetical, but if DJones decided while he's been listening to all the momentum that he wanted to be at UCONN, and he called up OLLIE and said I want to commit and sign Thursday. You think that Ollie would say no wait until Mack has decided. Hell no! He would turn around with Jones in his back pocket and sorry Mack you gotta go to VCU, you will be great there.

If DJones called up Ollie and said yes, then why is there a supposed "tug of war" for Mack? You'd think we'd say yes to Jones and sorry to Mack and that would be that. It seems to me (and purely speculation) that we realized that Jones is out of play and all a sudden we are trying to make up ground with Mack. Recent "reports" seem to indicate that we are coming on strong as of late. Coincidence that Jones is deciding to announce?

Reaction Score
If DJones called up Ollie and said yes, then why is there a supposed "tug of war" for Mack? You'd think we'd say yes to Jones and sorry to Mack and that would be that. It seems to me (and purely speculation) that we realized that Jones is out of play and all a sudden we are trying to make up ground with Mack. Recent "reports" seem to indicate that we are coming on strong as of late. Coincidence that Jones is deciding to announce?

I'm speaking in hypotheticals because there are many hypotheticals and really 99.9 % of people don't know.....Hell TMACK may still not know. But if that hypothetical did happen, members of the media or speculators would probably not be aware. Hence the "tug of war" is still just their best guess.

There is no way that this is correct: It seems to me (and purely speculation) that we realized that Jones is out of play and all a sudden we are trying to make up ground with Mack.

We've been going hard after Mack for many weeks. I think there is almost no chance that Jones told us 8 weeks ago that we were out of it and thats when we started going hard after Mack.

Like I said there are many hypotheticals. Like the possibility that Jones was down to us and UNLV and he learned that Mack is coming here and therefore felt he might as well announce and sign now.

Who knows......so many possibilities and untruths that I don't want to hear anyone proclaim anything at this point until we hear it straight from the mouths of the kids. All this "Im hearing stuff" or "sources now say" has run its course like a bad case of the hershey squirts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who knows.so many possibilities and untruths that I don't want to hear anyone proclaim anything at this point until we hear it straight from the mouths of the kids. All this "Im hearing stuff" or "sources now say" has run its course like a bad case of the hershey squirts.

Not for nothing, sparky, but you can go --- away.

If an internet board could have lint, that lint would have more sway here than you do.

Remember that the next time you think you're going to try to lay down the law here.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, sparky, but you can go --- away.

If an internet board could have lint, that lint would have more sway here than you do.

Remember that the next time you think you're going to try to lay down the law here.

Excuse me Fishy, but as you said this is an internet board and I have the right to say how I feel. If you don't like it, Eat !. I didn't call anyone out so I don't want hear your crying. I'm also not on here every hour telling people that I hear things that contradict what I just heard and my next post will be something that contradicts that..........you need to take a load off man, take a TO if I'm really getting you that riled up, haha

Reaction Score
There is no way that this is correct: It seems to me (and purely speculation) that we realized that Jones is out of play and all a sudden we are trying to make up ground with Mack.

What I meant is that in the last week speculation arose that Jones might be an early signing. We lost Clarke and then all of a sudden reports came out that we were making ground with Mack and that it is now a tug of war. Last week it was believed we were third or fourth in the race so something happened. To most "experts," it was surprising that Jones was an early signee. Is there a correlation between Jones deciding early and then us all of sudden being in the final two with Mack?

Reaction Score
What I meant is that in the last week speculation arose that Jones might be an early signing. We lost Clarke and then all of a sudden reports came out that we were making ground with Mack and that it is now a tug of war. Last week it was believed we were third or fourth in the race so something happened. To most "experts," it was surprising that Jones was an early signee. Is there a correlation between Jones deciding early and then us all of sudden being in the final two with Mack?

After what happened with Dozier I think it would be a mistake to count South Carolina out. Not saying they are leading but dismissing them is very risky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of your rights.

Whatever bossman, I've always respected you and found you to be very clever and witty. But you just got all huffy and puffy and personal for absolutely no reason. You don't like my POV then don't share it. But don't try to shoot me down and belittle me like some bully with that lint crap. And NOOO where was I trying to lay down law so don't put words into my mouth. I simply stated that I, yes fishy almighty one, I personally am sick of hearing people declare they hear things from their sources and then switch and say they hear other things and then switch again.......And you know what they probably aren't lying, they probably do have legit sources but some of these kids (particularly T Mack) can't come to a decision and he is constantly back and forth so therefore, I don't want to hear an more leakage about him switching his mind until he makes it up for good.

Again. Don't like my opinion too bad. But don't get all dictator on me and try to talk down to me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They have legit sources and they contribute to the board in ways that you never, ever will - so just shut --- up about what you want.

Don't like what they're saying? Don't read it and sure as hell don't comment.

It's white noise and it adds nothing, so stop.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Whatever bossman, I've always respected you and found you to be very clever and witty. But you just got all huffy and puffy and personal for absolutely no reason. You don't like my POV then don't share it. But don't try to shoot me down and belittle me like some bully with that lint crap. And NOOO where was I trying to lay down law so don't put words into my mouth. I simply stated that I, yes fishy almighty one, I personally am sick of hearing people declare they hear things from their sources and then switch and say they hear other things and then switch again..And you know what they probably aren't lying, they probably do have legit sources but some of these kids (particularly T Mack) can't come to a decision and he is constantly back and forth so therefore, I don't want to hear an more leakage about him switching his mind until he makes it up for good.

Again. Don't like my opinion too bad. But don't get all dictator on me and try to talk down to me.

upload_2014-11-12_21-47-12.jpeg

Reaction Score
Whatever bossman, I've always respected you and found you to be very clever and witty. But you just got all huffy and puffy and personal for absolutely no reason. You don't like my POV then don't share it. But don't try to shoot me down and belittle me like some bully with that lint crap. And NOOO where was I trying to lay down law so don't put words into my mouth. I simply stated that I, yes fishy almighty one, I personally am sick of hearing people declare they hear things from their sources and then switch and say they hear other things and then switch again..And you know what they probably aren't lying, they probably do have legit sources but some of these kids (particularly T Mack) can't come to a decision and he is constantly back and forth so therefore, I don't want to hear an more leakage about him switching his mind until he makes it up for good.

Those people who post inside knowledge on recruiting are easily some of the best posters on the board. It's the nature of recruiting, 17/18 year olds change their minds constantly so you are going to have contradictory reports on what they are thinking. Nobody cares that you don't want to hear recruiting info until a player makes a decision. If you don't like it don't read it. Fishy runs the forum so he has a right to call you whatever name he wants when you are whining about what you think should be posted on this forum.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun and staff once popped the cork on some expensive champagne when they found out they were getting Bill Curley. Can't get much more insider than that, and yet they were wrong.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun and staff once popped the cork on some expensive champagne when they found out they were getting Bill Curley. Can't get much more insider than that, and yet they were wrong.

They thought they had Lamar Odom right up to the second the word came out of his mouth that he was committing to UNLV.

Of course, that episode got Bayno fired...

Reaction Score
They thought they had Lamar Odom right up to the second the word came out of his mouth that he was committing to UNLV.

Of course, that episode got Bayno fired...
Jim Harrick to the rescue.

Reaction Score
I don't get it either. The grades comment was posted weeks ago when we appeared to be in great shape with Jones, and was immediately followed by us getting much more active with Clarke and Mack. It's not like a sour grapes situation.

Making sure we don't bring in guys that f with the APR is obviously a huge priority for us.

I didn't realize that someone brought up that Jones might be struggling academically. Even so, that info is private, and such reports are often inaccurate. Not always, but often. I'm sure that someone from the admissions department or whoever vets the student athletes reviewed his transcript. I'm surprised if someone leaked out what they found since that info is private and protected. The most you ever hear is that a prospective student is not on track to meet the school's eligibility requirements, but in this case it seemed that KO was still pursuing Jones not that long ago and likely well after his transcript would have been reviewed, but maybe that's not the case.

I don't recall UConn backing off. I seem to remember KO doing an in-home not that long ago. No?!?! It seemed when his camp declared that he was waiting till spring to sign, that KO spent most of his efforts on Clarke and Mack, which makes sense to me. As much as I like Jones, he's not worth taking the chance to wait till he decides in the spring. If UConn were to have an available ship and he was interested, then fine. But with talented wings in Clarke and Mack, it makes sense to try to secure a signed LOI this month from one of them.

I just don't like when people start throwing around rumors that a kid is not making the grade, has a bad attitude, prone to getting in trouble, etc., without hard facts. That's all!

Reaction Score
Ladies, ladies. Save the hate for the PC trolls.
Agreed! We are on the same team boys. Save the hate for pale white Dooookies that slap floors and hug more than a lonely grandmother. Or a 'Cuse D bag that hits a 3 and jumps on the scorer's table and bumps his chest like a sickly skinny King Kong. Or a slithery greasy used car salesman that will sell his soul for a one and done. Or a university that has 20 years of fake afro american study classes. Or wannabees like Peee Ceee and BC troll mongers. No need to kill each other boys, lets save that for the folks referenced above. Lets rally up and kick all their asses!!!!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I have no inside info on any of the three players about coming and goings. I have always felt that UCONN would get Stone and Jones at least since the summertime.

Stone and Jones means UCONN calls it a day and recruiting year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom