• DePaul by 10-24

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • DePaul by single digits

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • ND in a miracle.

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Bruno's team has put up monster numbers, over 100 once, 98 twice and 94. They tune up ND on the 11th.

Reaction Score
I watched the Green Bay game a bit and DePaul can score but they can also go cold so ND could do one of their second half come backs.. Also need to know whether DePaul's Stovall is healthy. She got injured Saturday. Its still in DePaul's control.

Reaction Score
During its blowout loss to Oregon State in the preseason NIT, DePaul really struggled with its shooting. However, it was apparent that its players have been given green lights to shoot. It would be a very fun system for an offensive-oriented player to play in.

Reaction Score
I watched the Green Bay game a bit and DePaul can score but they can also go cold so ND could do one of their second half come backs.. Also need to know whether DePaul's Stovall is healthy. She got injured Saturday. Its still in DePaul's control.
Just a little info. You might be mixing up Stovall and Stonewall. Stovall was a reserve PG that got injured. She averaged 10mpg. Although the injury really sucks, she wasn’t a key cog. Chante Stonewall is our leading scorer and is usually the biggest player on the court for our team. She’s healthy. Also to note, Kiara Dallmann is now available. She’s 6”2 and will make an immediate impact. JUCO player who I think had the highest FG %. She went 2-2 at Green Bay. Made one 3. Had a couple steals and assists. Not too shabby for her first game this season.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
This is an important game for Notre Dame. Win and its a Resume Builder to make the Tournament. Relatively speaking Notre Dame has an easier ACC schedule then some other ACC teams. They play Pittsburgh, Boston College and Syracuse twice. Syracuse is not the team they were for the last couple of years. IF ND gets healthy, its possible they can have a winning record ACC Conference play. They will also need to upset one of the better ACC teams to make the tournament.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Has ND commented as to whether Sam Brunnell will be playing?

I think she will be...she went out in the UCONN game but apparently could've come back toward the end but game was out of reach so they rested her instead.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am happy to report I can root for some “Blue” evil entity even if it’s not a “Devil” but a “Demon” as a worthy ND opponent with a strong chance of beating them...:rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think she will be...she went out in the UCONN game but apparently could've come back toward the end but game was out of reach so they rested her instead.
I believe there was more than one reason Brunelle was kept out of the second half. One for safety reasons and one to keep her confidence level up. UConn was doing a good job of keeping her in check. I have seen coaches do that before to protect their player's confidence. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Im not worried about DePaul vs ND. The Blue Demons just might give UConn all they can handle. Thats my worry.

Reaction Score
Was less than 10 hours until tip-off there are five die hard ND fans who see potential for victory here. Looking forward to that game and seeing Doug Bruno's squad. This might be a year that Bruno can realistically expect to beat Geno.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I believe there was more than one reason Brunelle was kept out of the second half. One for safety reasons and one to keep her confidence level up. UConn was doing a good job of keeping her in check. I have seen coaches do that before to protect their player's confidence. Just my opinion.
Im not worried about DePaul vs ND. The Blue Demons just might give UConn all they can handle. Thats my worry.
I believe they will give UConn all they can handle. I'm believing UConn will handle it. However, if DePaul hits half of their threes, UConn may not be able to handle that and still win the game.

Reaction Score
I believe they will give UConn all they can handle. I'm believing UConn will handle it. However, if DePaul hits half of their threes, UConn may not be able to handle that and still win the game.
I agree completely. Over on the Connecticut board I posted a poll regarding Connecticut defense of DePaul as well as playing time for Irwin and Griffin.

I know Bruno loves the three and in addition to that if DePaul gets off more shots than Connecticut we could have a challenge. Given Bruno's philosophy this year his team breaks even on the boards and averages 22 turnovers a game. So this should be interesting and I'll be keeping my eye on Irwin and Liv.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
All due respect intended here Mr. Donald, have you seen Brunelle’s stats? They are pathetic no matter how you slice it. In fact all of ND stats are rather pathetic so sitting her to keep her confidence was not the reason.
Here are NDs stats: note Brunelle FG .383 her 3 pt .203 and her FT .697 all are BRUTAL.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
All due respect intended here Mr. Donald, have you seen Brunelle’s stats? They are pathetic no matter how you slice it. In fact all of ND stats are rather pathetic so sitting her to keep her confidence was not the reason.
Here are NDs stats: note Brunelle FG .383 her 3 pt .203 and her FT .697 all are BRUTAL.
Yes, but she had not chosen to commit to those other schools. So, if she had at one time wanted to attend UConn, getting shut down by them, I believe, would hurt her more than any other school stopping her. I believe it was MM decision. JMO.

Reaction Score
Game underway in South Bend. DePaul has five shooters in its starting lineup. DePaul's offensive philosophy appears to be shoot whenever you think you are open. 8-3 DePaul leads. Frenetic pace desired by DePaul.

Reaction Score
Entertaining first quarter. ND leads 30-24. Lots of shots. McGraw up off the bench to express her frustration with her team. DePaul is the modern day Loyola Marymount of women's hoops. There apparently are no bad shots if you can get your shot off.

Reaction Score
N Dame has the lead after one but at the end of the period they were already starting to show fatigue, allowing several DePaul offensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
I think Bruno wants the pace pushed at all costs, hoping to gas the Irish and win in the end.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Was less than 10 hours until tip-off there are five die hard ND fans who see potential for victory here. Looking forward to that game and seeing Doug Bruno's squad. This might be a year that Bruno can realistically expect to beat Geno.
Just no.

Reaction Score
McGraw shaking her head after DePaul hits three trifectas in a row to prompt a timeout. 41-39 ND with 6 minutes to play in the second quarter. First team to 100 wins tonight.

Reaction Score
N Dame shot 61% (60%) in the half but lead by just 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom