Depaul Rescheduled | The Boneyard

Depaul Rescheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Man what a wonderful birthday present for me. On Sunday I'll cook a prime rib birthday dinner for my wife, son and myself. On Monday I can have leftover's and enjoy watching UConn demolish DePaul, might just be the best birthday over the last couple of years.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So UConn has Butler and DePaul at home before going to that University that wears that hideous orange, at least there will be ESPN Game Day at that University. They also get back to back home games, something that wasn't scheduled, on the back half of the Big East season.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Just another day to enjoy keeping the dream alive of being undefeated in the Big East. There is no team in the BE that can compete with Uconn. GO HUSKIES!!!!
Don't be so sure about that. Marquette already competed with UConn.

Reaction Score
The @Tennessee game will be huge for UConn's national seeding. Must win to get a #1 seed.

Reaction Score
Man what a wonderful birthday present for me. On Sunday I'll cook a prime rib birthday dinner for my wife, son and myself. On Monday I can have leftover's and enjoy watching UConn demolish DePaul, might just be the best birthday over the last couple of years.
Happy birthday, sarge.

- USAF (ret)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Just a point of order... UCONN won that first game vs Marquette 61 - 48... a 13 point win without Azzi.
And also without Aubrey, who was still in COVID protocol for that game.

The announcers called attention to the fact that Marquette largely shut down UConn's transition game, but Aubrey's absence may also have had a lot to do with that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And they lost. I rest my case.
You have no case. The post stated no BE team can compete with UConn. Marquette competed with UConn in that game. A team can compete and still lose.

Reaction Score
You have no case. The post stated no BE team can compete with UConn. Marquette competed with UConn in that game. A team can compete and still lose.
I stand corrected by semantics. I should have been more specific and said no team in the BE will beat Uconn which was my intent. I didn't think a 13 point loss was competing. A 2 point loss is competing. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I stand corrected by semantics. I should have been more specific and said no team in the BE will beat Uconn which was my intent. I didn't think a 13 point loss was competing. A 2 point loss is competing. GO HUSKIES!!!!
Completely agree. Yes, Marquette "competed" with UCONN in that game and kept UCONN's fast break game under control... The disparity of defensive rebounds by UCONN (30) to Offensive rebounds by Marquette (9) shows how their game plan was to shoot and run back to disrupt UCONN's fast break.... but at no time during the game was I concerned that my supply of Mike's Mango would run out. It was not a 25 or 30 point blow out, but like you, 13 points (without Azzi AND Aubrey) is not all that competitive.

GO HUSKIES.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
With all due respect, it was a single digit lead until Lou hit a shot with 3:18 left in the game.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. Yes, Marquette "competed" with UCONN in that game and kept UCONN's fast break game under control... The disparity of defensive rebounds by UCONN (30) to Offensive rebounds by Marquette (9) shows how their game plan was to shoot and run back to disrupt UCONN's fast break.... but at no time during the game was I concerned that my supply of Mike's Mango would run out. It was not a 25 or 30 point blow out, but like you, 13 points (without Azzi AND Aubrey) is not all that competitive.

GO HUSKIES.
Thank you for the post. You added more reasons why Marquette did not compete with your comment about the rebounds. I believe we were ahead by more than 20 points until Marquette had a spurt at the end of the game. NO COMPETITION!!

Reaction Score
With all due respect, it was a single digit lead until Lou hit a shot with 3:18 left in the game.
With 3:18 left in the game and and continued play, the score became a double digit loss. Marquette had a decent game plan, but, If they played 10 more games ,the results would be the same, A loss. IMHO.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thank you for the post. You added more reasons why Marquette did not compete with your comment about the rebounds. I believe we were ahead by more than 20 points until Marquette had a spurt at the end of the game. NO COMPETITION!!
I admire your devotion to the Huskies but feel :( at the denigration of the team’s Big East sisters. There’s no need to disrespect the other teams.

Reaction Score
I admire your devotion to the Huskies but feel :( at the denigration of the team’s Big East sisters. There’s no need to disrespect the other teams.
My apologies to you Husky Nan if I have ruffled your feathers, but I am stating a statistical fact that I believe. Every one knows Ann Landers the advice columnist and I quote her, " no one should ever be mad or offended by the truth, because if it's true, it can't be denied ". My belief and many others agree that Uconn is a better team in the BE than the other teams. I am stating a statistical fact. No where have I posted a cutting, insulting or mean remarks against another team in the BE and I won't. I think you are the most knowledgeable and gifted poster on the Bone Yard and try to be careful about what I post. Once before you chastised me for a post and I have been very careful. My posts are always about posting positively and my love of Uconn is undeniable. I am defending myself. GO HUSKIES!!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yet Marquette was the only team that AE didn't score her normal double digits, also didn't get double digits in rebounds. The only other game she didn't get her normal was against Xavier and she only played for 14 minutes due to her injury.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score

GO HUSKIES.
Mike's Mango...being a over the top mango lover tht sounds very good, esp if it's non alcoholic .

Reaction Score
Mike's Mango...being a over the top mango lover tht sounds very good, esp if it's non alcoholic .
It's a "Hard Lemonade"... Mikes Hard Lemonade Mango flavor (so it does have alcohol) is my standard drink during UCONN WBB games. Others have their own "mojo" things...this is mine...and it's "proven" to have an impact on how the games tend to go. Last game I forgot to get my drink ready and UCONN had a very sloppy and sluggish first 5 minutes. During the 1st time out, I got my mango out of the fridge and from then on UCONN played like the Team we know and love. In tight games I sometimes have to have one every quarter to do my part to help the team...keep the MOJO going. It's crazy, but it seems to work.

Reaction Score
It's a "Hard Lemonade"... Mikes Hard Lemonade Mango flavor (so it does have alcohol) is my standard drink during UCONN WBB games. Others have their own "mojo" things...this is mine...and it's "proven" to have an impact on how the games tend to go. Last game I forgot to get my drink ready and UCONN had a very sloppy and sluggish first 5 minutes. During the 1st time out, I got my mango out of the fridge and from then on UCONN played like the Team we know and love. In tight games I sometimes have to have one every quarter to do my part to help the team...keep the MOJO going. It's crazy, but it seems to work.
Just want to thank you for your sacrifice! This is yet another example of the kind of fan loyalty our UConn team inspires.:rolleyes: I’m humbled and inspired by your selfless example! I’m laying in a stock of MM for SC and the NCAAs! Even though I’m a total lightweight and don’t drink much, I’m gonna take one (or two or three) for the team! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom