DePaul - Possible reschedule.....maybe | The Boneyard

DePaul - Possible reschedule.....maybe

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Pure speculation; but, in looking at both schedules (UCONN and DePaul), here is one possibility:

DePaul is idle between the 21st and 28th of January.

UCONN plays Providence on January 21st
And, they play Villanova on January 29th
In between, UCONN plays Tennessee on January the 26th

Soooooo - Cancel the UCONN/Tennessee game and play DePaul on the 24th or 25th

Reaction Score
I'd rather play Tennessee than DePaul. We'll get to see DePaul on 2/25. There is zero reason to play these teams more than once a year.

Reaction Score
I'd rather play Tennessee than DePaul. We'll get to see DePaul on 2/25. There is zero reason to play these teams more than once a year.
My question is whether Big East rules require a cancelled league game to have priority over an OOC game. In other words, if you have an OOC game(s) scheduled, do you have to adjust your schedule to accommodate the canceled league game instead? I would think not, unless there is a danger of not having enough league games to qualify for the post-season tourney or honors.

Reaction Score
I looked over both schedules, I also went to the Feb 20th week. If they can get this done I believe Feb 23 (Thur) would be a good date for the make up game, if so then no other games will be cancelled.

Both play on Feb 21 (Tue), UConn home for St John and DePaul at Villanova, after game a bus ride to Storrs, easier traveling. If the makeup game does take place on Feb 23 (Thur) both teams will take the next flight out to DePaul for their regular Sat game. My initial thought was both teams would be playing on a one day rest, after their Feb 21 (Tue) games but looking at both schedules after their Saturday game, they both have another game on Feb 27 (Mon) also with one day rest between games.

UConnDePaul
Feb 21 (Tue)St John'sXL CenterFeb 21 (Tue)Villanova@Villanova
Feb 22 (Wed)Feb 22 (Wed)
Feb 23 (Thur)DePaulGampel/XLFeb 23 (Thur)UConnGampel/XL
Feb 24 (Fri)Feb 24 (Fri)
Feb 25 (Sat)DePaul@ DePaulFeb 25 (Sat)UConn@DePaul
Feb 26 (Sun)Feb 26 (Sun)
Feb 27 (Mon)XavierGampelFeb 27 (Mon)Marquette@Marquette

Reaction Score
League play is only interesting because of the multiple games in a year. Look at California cd Stanford. Stanford beat them by twent a few weeks ago and then by two last night. It’s better for the sport.

Reaction Score
League play is only interesting because of the multiple games in a year. Look at California cd Stanford. Stanford beat them by twent a few weeks ago and then by two last night. It’s better for the sport.
You think UConn-DePaul is better for the sport than UConn-Tennessee? If I could trade 4 of the Big East games for games against the better P5 schools I'd take that in a second, and I think that would be much better for the sport than watching UConn hammering away at a Butler or Xavier 4 times a season in front of 2,000 fans and 100k cable viewers.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You think UConn-DePaul is better for the sport than UConn-Tennessee? If I could trade 4 of the Big East games for games against the better P5 schools I'd take that in a second, and I think that would be much better for the sport than watching UConn hammering away at a Butler or Xavier 4 times a season in front of 2,000 fans and 100k cable viewers.
It’s a league game, scheduled by the Big East. UConn can’t choose to not play the game.

Reaction Score
Long term? Yes absolutely Uconn-DePaul having a natural conference rivalry is better for the sport. Having more intra-conference rivalries across every conference would be better for the sport long term but Football is destroying those. Uconn already plays 4-5 good to great OOC games a year. Put 4-5 higher ranked team in place of the weaker Big East teams and there would be a much weaker non-conference schedule. Uconn is projected to have the toughest SOS as the end of the season so these complaints are so silly.

Reaction Score
February 13 seems to be the only possible make-up date. DePaul will just have played at St. John on the 11th and would have the normal minimum of one day off before the make-up game. Otherwise it appears no other mutual open date is viable or possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom