Depaul Home Game (January 2nd)-What will be open in or near Storrs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Depaul Home Game (January 2nd)-What will be open in or near Storrs?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why would anyone drive all the way to Shady Glen from Storrs? I don't eat there and I l live 5 minutes away.
Because it's right on the way from the Hartford area. Most people that go to games don't start at Storrs. And I went a couple of months ago and I thought it was great.

Reaction Score
Because it's right on the way from the Hartford area. Most people that go to games don't start at Storrs. And I went a couple of months ago and I thought it was great.
Here's another spot right down the street from Shady Glen in Bolton Notch, for more variety and higher end entrees. I've been there heading to Storrs off of I-384 before Uconn hockey games. Seems well supported by the locals....

Reaction Score
Always enjoy a good cheeseburger platter and a shake. I remember learning there was a Nike missile battery near the Parkade store.

Reaction Score
I would not assume the coop is open. Nobody is on campus so I doubt they have it open at all during semester break.

Believe it's just limited hours. My wife and I used to go to UConn's gym during breaks and would walk right by it, so not 100% sure though.

Reaction Score
I would not assume the coop is open. Nobody is on campus so I doubt they have it open at all during semester break.
Now that I think more about it there’s no way the coop will be closed. They’re not giving up the opportunity to sell stuff to 10,000 people.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fenton River Grill is a gastropub up by East Brook Mall with a good beer selection. You'll need a reservation on gameday, gets packed.

Reaction Score
Always enjoy a good cheeseburger platter and a shake. I remember learning there was a Nike missile battery near the Parkade store.

Ah...The Nike Missile site - it abutted the north side of Minnechaug Mountain (where I lived). Of course we used to ride our BMX bikes around the empty buildings once we got past the gate. It was pretty exhausting to get there through all the woods, but whatever. I consider it a 'win' to chart 7500 steps a day these days, and I'm pretty sure a pedometer tracking me at age 11 would've hit 15-20k a day. Such is life.

Pretty sure there's a daycare center on Manchester Road out in front of where those missiles used to reside, and it's called "Nike Tykes"? something like that.

Anyway, once the ICBM became all the rage, it sorta made the Nike missile system useless. Or moot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Over rated over priced
There was a time where you could say it was a tad overpriced compared to others. Not anymore, the rest of the world has caught up and passed. Their cheeseburger is eight bucks and I just saw a $10 cheeseburger offered at a gas station.

Reaction Score
Exactly.

If I invited you to a cookout in my backyard and served you that burger, even free, you'd be like "wtf?"

Here's another spot right down the street from Shady Glen in Bolton Notch, for more variety and higher end entrees. I've been there heading to Storrs off of I-384 before Uconn hockey games. Seems well supported by the locals....

Its been a while since I was in the area but was that a Corvette only new and used dealership?

Reaction Score
I think you're confusing it with Five Guys. $11.85 for an overcooked fast food cheeseburger.
I don’t go to 5 guys either but shady glen i live less tvan 5 minutes away and wont go

Reaction Score
There was a time where you could say it was a tad overpriced compared to others. Not anymore, the rest of the world has caught up and passed. Their cheeseburger is eight bucks and I just saw a $10 cheeseburger offered at a gas station.
They wont ever get me back

Reaction Score
Not in the 30 years I’ve been living near it. Years ago it was a different restaurant. I think maybe Fiano’s? Then another one that didnt last long.
Fiano's, thats it thanks.

Reaction Score
Fiano's, thats it thanks.
Fiano’s , Bottones , Ana Capris which was real short then Georginas
Booked our wedding reception there when it was Bottones saw In paper where it was sold Ana Capris was short lived but people did rave about the food at reception
26 years ago last month

Reaction Score

If Italian food is your thing. I am not a fan of Italian food. Give me a good Indian or Mediterranean restaurant any day over a bland Italian restaurant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom