Depaul Home Game (January 2nd)-What will be open in or near Storrs? | The Boneyard

Depaul Home Game (January 2nd)-What will be open in or near Storrs?

Reaction Score
Had planned for months to attend whichever UConn home game ended up being scheduled for the first week of January as I will travel to New York City that week. As luck would have it, we got Depaul that week at Gampel. In terms of restaurants on or near campus, anyone know what should be open on January 2nd? I have never been on campus around that time, not even when I was a student, so not sure what to expect with no classes and so close to the Holidays. I assume the coop will be open because of the game. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Had planned for months to attend whichever UConn home game ended up being scheduled for the first week of January as I will travel to New York City that week. As luck would have it, we got Depaul that week at Gampel. In terms of restaurants on or near campus, anyone know what should be open on January 2nd? I have never been on campus around that time, not even when I was a student, so not sure what to expect with no classes and so close to the Holidays. I assume the coop will be open because of the game. Thanks!

Pretty much everything is open as long as it's not owned by UConn. Even a lot of those are open for foreign and grad students.

Reaction Score
Chucks Steak House and Margarita Grille is a good option right by Depot Campus. You'll need a car to get there though.

If you don't have a car, your best bet would be Dog Lane in Storrs Center

Reaction Score
This is a bit of a drive but worth it; TreeHouse just opened a new location in Woodstock CT, probably a 30 minute drive from the school. It's their offshoot into specializing in ciders, but you can still get classic Treehouse style beers there too. Highly recommend if you find yourself with time to kill

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Shady Glen is a place you don't find elsewhere.
I need a wayback machine for that. You mean in Manchester?

I think most places will be open. Might be easier than usual with Students away.

Reaction Score
Holy crap. I hadn't thought of Shady Glen since I moved out of CT back in the summer of '85. They had the original location, and a satellite location in the Manchester Parkade, right?

Great googly that was a tasty cheeseburger.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Holy crap. I hadn't thought of Shady Glen since I moved out of CT back in the summer of '85. They had the original location, and a satellite location in the Manchester Parkade, right?

Great googly that was a tasty cheeseburger.
They closed up the Parkade location, they original is unchanged.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They closed up the Parkade location, they original is unchanged.
Growing up in Manchester, it was something we always looked forward to as kids. Both the cheese on burgers or grilled cheese, and the ice cream. But I don't think I've been in over 35 years.

Reaction Score
Growing up in Manchester, it was something we always looked forward to as kids. Both the cheese on burgers or grilled cheese, and the ice cream. But I don't think I've been in over 35 years.

I grew up next door in Glastonbury. We were Pratt brats. Moved to FL when P&W expanded ops down in WPB and my dad got a promotion.

Reaction Score
This is a bit of a drive but worth it; TreeHouse just opened a new location in Woodstock CT, probably a 30 minute drive from the school. It's their offshoot into specializing in ciders, but you can still get classic Treehouse style beers there too. Highly recommend if you find yourself with time to kill
TH Woodstock is only open Thursday-Sunday. Wouldn’t work for the Jan. 2 game.

Reaction Score
If you aren’t staying at The Graduate (which I highly recommend), at least walk around the lobby for a bit.

If you are staying at The Graduate, they offer bike rentals as part of the package.

Obviously, weather might be a factor in January, but when I stayed at The Graduate in July, we took a man early morning bike ride around campus. Was a highlight of the summer…got to see both Jonathans right by Gampel!

Reaction Score
LOL the cheeseburger is $7.85.

Are you from the 1970s?
Where’s the beef started with shady glen customers years ago maybe the 70’s but that would be to early for me

Reaction Score
Electric blue should be open. Good hot dogs. Lunch with a view

Reaction Score
I would not assume the coop is open. Nobody is on campus so I doubt they have it open at all during semester break.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom