DePaul Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

DePaul Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's pretty amazing to be able to break a press using Stewie, Morgan and KLS.

Reaction Score
KLS with a tremendous 4th quarter. She was a calming influence on the team and made some great plays.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's over! 86 - 70 UCONN.

Kudos to Doug and DePaul. They came to play and gave us a real game.

Reaction Score
This was a good growth game for KLS; she did well. Good for UConn to experience in general, to play a game that stayed within single digits for so long.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Feel better about Lou's last few minutes than the game as a whole. Helps having her as an option for Williams in that type of game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised DePaul is only ranked 23rd. They look a lot better than some top 10 teams.
They just picked up their 2 transfers this week. So they can now play this 5 at a time subs and not really lose a lot.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Morgan ends up with a double/double with 16 Points, 11 Rebounds and 5 Assists. :)

Got to take it easy on Morgan and look at all she does, but those missed layups are frustrating to watch. I'm sure for her as well.

Reaction Score
I guess Lou wasn't benched. I thought she showed great poise. She was inbounding the ball against the press and never rushed. 0 turnovers.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Having KLS and Stewie break the press by just throwing it over the top is genius. Those long arms are impossible to guard.

Reaction Score
They were challenged tonight. I don't think there are too many teams that can play at the frenetic pace for an entire game like DePaul did tonight. Would like to see them take better care of the ball and the outside shooting must improve or teams are going to pack the paint.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Bet I know what Geno's going to be working to get ready for Notre Dame. Passing out of Double/Triple Teams. Did much better in 2nd half, but first half didn't handle it well. Seemed surprised every time DePaul did it. Team had 17 TO's and many of them were result of DePaul double/Triple teaming the ball handler.

Lawlor, Ekmark and Butler did not get any minutes tonight.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Couldn't have two more opposite teams than the Mocs followed by the Demons. One team slow as molasses, the other fast as jack rabbits. As Geno said, UConn has to find and play at their own pace.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This thread shocks me. I saw a great game played by a couple of teams going flat out for 40 minutes. DePaul hit prayers from Detroit (holy cow, those 28' shots hit nothing but net!) that they'll never hit again in this lifetime. They average 8 threes per game, how many did they make tonight? And the Huskies are playing their 3rd game in 5 days in 3 different states. No wonder they needed a half to get themselves together.

Geno was 10000% right - DePaul controlled the tempo in the first half and the Huskies did in the second. That's when UConn began imposing its will. If the Huskies could please stop turning over the ball, a surprising weakness this season, then the win would have been greater margin.

Reaction Score
The missed layups made the game closer than it should have been. How many? Eight, nine, ten? It was amazing that the announcers never said anything about missed foul calls on DePaul. There was the play where Breanna had a putback. Morgan got fouled two or three times before Breanna's shot. There were others, but it's funny that they weren't mentioned. I was disappointed to see Gabby commit a turnover and then trot back on the play, maybe not even that fast. On to Notre Dame.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If the Huskies could please stop turning over the ball, a surprising weakness this season, then the win would have been greater margin.

Yes, that and missing layups, Geno's personal pet peeve. They need to practice layups under duress. Perhaps at the end of practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom