DePaul and the Big East | Page 9 | The Boneyard

DePaul and the Big East

Reaction Score
Football vs. basketball aren't the two choices, and even someone who is unexplainably nostalgic for the AAC, like you, should know that.

You talk a lot of smack for someone that complains nonstop about leaving the AAC. That conference affiliation was almost catastrophic for UConn athletics, and we would be in a power conference today if the school hadn't done something so catastrophically stupid because they thought it would help football. You do accidentally stumble onto a point though. UConn to the Big East was not just about basketball. It was in part about attempting to save the football program and getting it away from that southern cesspool of a conference that was the AAC. Anyone still complaining about the move from the AAC to Big East should stop following sports and take up another hobby.

Arizona to the Big 12 was mostly about basketball. The Big 12 didn't need both Arizona schools. The Big 12 taking Houston and Cincinnati were about markets first, but basketball was driving any fan interest that Houston had developed and the Big 12 already had a big presence in Texas. Syracuse to the ACC was mostly about hoops since everyone could tell that Syracuse's days of being relevant in football were a distant, distant memory.

Rutgers and Maryland to the Big 10 was entirely about markets. UCLA is about basketball, since the Big 10 doesn't need two LA schools for cable boxes, or whatever their rationale was for adding both.
Such a fool. Show me a post where I ever said we should've remained in the AAC

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Such a fool. Show me a post where I ever said we should've remained in the AAC

That assertion does not make your posting look better, because it means you are just miserable and like to crap on everything.

Reaction Score
Actually, Butler was the shakier add. Had DePaul held its own, it would own Chicago.
The problem is when they were added they weren't relevant in years. I also agree on butler and why making adds based upon near term success is questionable.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The problem is when they were added they weren't relevant in years. I also agree on butler and why making adds based upon near term success is questionable.

Butler is also in a big city.

Reaction Score
Wrapped up Cuse at Clemson and now watching the Johnnies at DePaul. Another game with a sea of empty blue seats. Looks like entire sections are completely empty. Val's gotta look at cutting these guys adrift, zero value there.

Reaction Score
Wrapped up Cuse at Clemson and now watching the Johnnies at DePaul. Another game with a sea of empty blue seats. Looks like entire sections are completely empty. Val's gotta look at cutting these guys adrift, zero value there.

If you show up with a DePaul jersey then they will let you play.

Reaction Score
If you show up with a DePaul jersey then they will let you play.
The crowd looks to be about the same size as when we visited there, so they are down to a very small core. They'd fit nice in another conference that plays in gyms.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom