2022 Recruiting: - Denver Anglin visit | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Denver Anglin visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

UConn: “The relationship has been great. We were on one zoom call and they offered me on that call. Coach Hurley and Kimani Young are great and they just want me to come there and just kill. Just be that scoring guard doing everything like playmaking, and getting guys involved. They just have a history of guards like Shabazz, Napier, and Kemba. They had a lot of killers back in the day so if I were to go there I would want to keep that going.”

I think this kid is super underrated and would love to add him.

Reaction Score

UConn: “The relationship has been great. We were on one zoom call and they offered me on that call. Coach Hurley and Kimani Young are great and they just want me to come there and just kill. Just be that scoring guard doing everything like playmaking, and getting guys involved. They just have a history of guards like Shabazz, Napier, and Kemba. They had a lot of killers back in the day so if I were to go there I would want to keep that going.”

I think this kid is super underrated and would love to add him.

I think he's more CV than anything. All heart and an insane shooter. But I understand why we're pumping up the Kemba/Shabazz angle

Reaction Score
I'm as big a CV fan as there is, but this kid is a natural shooter and scorer. CV was not.

Pretty sure we've already litigated this. CV came to UConn known for shooting--it's the only reason he was ranked at all.

They both aren't great ballhandlers or passers but can shoot it well at high volume. Small guys, but defend hard. Very very similar styles

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we've already litigated this. CV came to UConn known for shooting--it's the only reason he was ranked at all.

They both aren't great ballhandlers or passers but can shoot it well at high volume. Small guys, but defend hard. Very very similar styles

I don't see it. CV has unorthodox form, a slow release (due to form) and can't create like this kid can. Anglin is smooth as silk with perfect mechanics and a lightning fast release.

Reaction Score
CV had/has great (almost textbook) form, any had very few blocks in his career due to his slow release, and btw check his point total in case you missed something. oh yeah he never scored on his drives either - NOT

Reaction Score
CV had/has great (almost textbook) form, any had very few blocks in his career due to his slow release, and btw check his point total in case you missed something. oh yeah he never scored on his drives either - NOT

Lol. He got better as a shooter over time but he did not have textbook form and he definitely couldn't get rid of the ball like Anglin can. He became a very good player but he had limitations. He was a streaky shooter that needed to find his jumper in rhythm and mostly open. Anglin creates open jumpers out of thin air.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lol. He got better as a shooter over time but he did not have textbook form and he definitely couldn't get rid of the ball like Anglin can. He became a very good player but he had limitations. He was a streaky shooter that needed to find his jumper in rhythm and mostly open. Anglin creates open jumpers out of thin air.
He was also on perhaps the hottest tear in the country heading into the postseason that never happened, and definitely the hottest streak of his career. I would have loved to see him get a chance to continue playing that season; he looked like a man who would not be denied (except by a global pandemic that stopped the world).

Reaction Score
He was also on perhaps the hottest tear in the country heading into the postseason that never happened, and definitely the hottest streak of his career. I would have loved to see him get a chance to continue playing that season; he looked like a man who would not be denied (except by a global pandemic that stopped the world).

He sure was. I loved CV and I don’t want to put him down in any way. Comparing CV to Anglin just doesn’t make sense to me. Anglin plays more like Bazz (in terms of creating his own offense), if you have to compare him to a UConn guy.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m with @Hoophound in that they’re both smallish shooters but I don’t see similarities in their game. Anglins game is way smoother and his release and form are quick and smooth. They’re both shooters but they’re vastly different styles. CV is also stronger and stockier.

Reaction Score
Reminds me a lot more of boatright. Actually jumps in the air then releases the ball. Boatright loved to carve up his defender too.

Reaction Score
I love when people turn a Top 200 kid into a First Team All-American based on a three minute highlight video.

Yeah, no. I said he looks more like Bazz out there, "if you have to compare him to a UConn guy". This is a discussion of style not a discussion of who is better or who will be better.

Nonetheless, he's a highly recruited 4* on a major charge up recruiting boards. This kid isn't chopped liver.

Reaction Score
I love when people turn a Top 200 kid into a First Team All-American based on a three minute highlight video.
Or decide top 100 kids suck and we are too good for them despite the staffs clear interest. Message board highlight scouts are the best.

Reaction Score
CV hit the boards and with the 3 point shot attempts increasing long rebounds and rebounding guards are valuable. CV covered a lot of bases his senior year.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I actually read through every single response in this thread and found no one doing that or even hinting at it - where did this happen? Just curious.

A few people mentioned his playing style, a few others mentioned he reminded them of Vital who was a 3* barely top 200 player, so he might be better ranked already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom