Denise D ascenzo wfsb news anchor passes away | The Boneyard

Denise D ascenzo wfsb news anchor passes away

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wow. Knew the name immediately but had to hit Google to put a face to it. That's terrible. I live in FFld Cty and lean more towards the NY channels for my TV news. But, Denise is who I picture in my head when I think of CT Newswomen.

1575771133155.png

RIP

Reaction Score
Yeah I think only 61 years old. Even though I live in MA, WFSB was our “local” CBS affiliate for years in the Springfield area. She was a really good anchor. RIP Denise

Reaction Score
Grew up watching her (born in '87)...remember wfsb's reporting through the '99 championship and how big of a deal it truly was for the state. Very sad. Especially tough this time of year.
Same. '87 too. One of the very few newscasters whose voice I can play in my head. So sad

Reaction Score
That’s terrible. She was a very classy lady. She was also my older brother’s “news crush”. He loved her back in the day. He’ll be sad to hear this. I don’t know about most of you, but I’ve taken some pride in CT media when moving around the country and finding my favorite childhood broadcast personalities on the air or being awarded one honor or another. Gayle King, Mike Crispino, Dr. Mel, Gary Craig, Denise and many others reached great heights in their broadcasting careers.

My condolences to her family. She’s been a big part of our lives. Her husband and daughter should be very proud of her. Rest In Peace.

Reaction Score
Horrible news she was fantastic in so many ways. I was in CT until married in ‘90 and even moving to WesMass CBS CT news was still the main station.

Too young RIP Denise

Reaction Score
Crazy. Grew up watching her since I was a kid back in mid 80s. Hate hearing stories like this of sudden deaths. Prayers to her and her family. She was just on channel 3 the other night. Tuff time of year too. Rip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom