Dempster should have been tossed | The Boneyard

Dempster should have been tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a bush move and it led to 2 Yankee runs. If they wanted to hit Arod they should have waited until there were 2 outs or wait for another game. Dempster missed him and came back to hit him on a 3-0 pitch; way too obvious not to toss him.

Reaction Score
What a bush move and it led to 2 Yankee runs. If they wanted to hit Arod they should have waited until there were 2 outs or wait for another game. Dempster missed him and came back to hit him on a 3-0 pitch; way too obvious not to toss him.

Ump should not have warned both benches either. The Yanks should be allowed to hit one of the Sox without getting tossed. Girardi was as mad as I ever saw.

Reaction Score
Hard to disagree with the two posts above. You can see the Sox batters diving away from inside pitches right now. CC may not have to hit anyone tonight, he's got them off balance with just the threat...

Reaction Score
Hard to disagree with the two posts above. You can see the Sox batters diving away from inside pitches right now. CC may not have to hit anyone tonight, he's got them off balance with just the threat...

Please....he can't throw at anyone though and he should be able to!!!! That's the point..............

Still CC should hit someone soon! Preferably Papi or Pedroia - sick of letting these pu**ies eat our lunch!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing ARod get hit with a shovel but Dumpster obviously should have been thrown out.

Reaction Score
Please....he can't throw at anyone though and he should be able to!!!! That's the point..............

Still CC should hit someone soon! Preferably Papi or Pedroia - sick of letting these pu**ies eat our lunch!

He should have hit Middlebrooks :)

Reaction Score
CC's a pu**y..........after the HR by Middlebrooks you have to drop Ellsbury - HAVE TO!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They would have tossed CC. Zero doubt about that.

Dempster should have been tossed - I'm sure the ump did the math and figured that his overlords did not want to see him throwing a pitcher out of the Sunday game of the week. (Thank God he didn't have the sack to toss Demp....that guy is freaking awful against the Yankees.)

What's the point of the warnings, though. Dempster went through a tortured attempt to hit ARod and then warnings are issued....

And then three more Yankees get hit.

Reaction Score
Really stupid move on Dempster's part. All he did was create a situation where the Yankees could rally around someone they (for the most part) don't even like. Just to show how bad Dempster is, it took four pitches before he hit him. If Farrell knew about it both he and Demster should have been tossed. Not a great way to start a tough road trip against the World Champion Giants and the white-hot Dodgers. And no DH to boot.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
They would have tossed CC. Zero doubt about that.

Dempster should have been tossed - I'm sure the ump did the math and figured that his overlords did not want to see him throwing a pitcher out of the Sunday game of the week. (Thank God he didn't have the sack to toss Demp....that guy is freaking awful against the Yankees.)

What's the point of the warnings, though. Dempster went through a tortured attempt to hit ARod and then warnings are issued....

And then three more Yankees get hit.

That's what's so stupid about the bench warnings. Chances are CC would have had less leeway than the Sux pitchers who wound up hitting 3 other batter. Bench warnings are ridiculous. They imply on one hand that throwing at a batter on purpose isn't allowed, except the first guy almost never get's tossed , the other team is a risk for an ejection, and if this a great case for ejecting the original culprit, I don't know what is, In the American league it becomes even more important for the first pitcher to be tossed because they don't bat.

Reaction Score
De La Rosa was just god-awful in the ninth. He hit Nix, threw a wild pitch which let Nix steal second. Then did not hold Nix at second, which allowed him to steal third. That forced the infield in, and Stewart hit a grounder into shallow left that scored Nix with a crucial run. Had the infield not been drawn in because of De La Rosa's lack of attention to the runner, Nix would never scored that run. Really a lack of concentration on the pitcher's part.
I was both a bit shocked, and very happy!

Reaction Score
De La Rosa was just god-awful in the ninth. He hit Nix, threw a wild pitch which let Nix steal second. Then did not hold Nix at second, which allowed him to steal third. That forced the infield in, and Stewart hit a grounder into shallow left that scored Nix with a crucial run. Had the infield not been drawn in because of De La Rosa's lack of attention to the runner, Nix would never scored that run. Really a lack of concentration on the pitcher's part.
I was both a bit shocked, and very happy!

I still think that kid has some nice stuff from what I saw..........De La Rosa will be a good big league pitcher once he finds his command! He's young..............I'd like him in my system

Reaction Score
Ru
I still think that kid has some nice stuff from what I saw..........De La Rosa will be a good big league pitcher once he finds his command! He's young..............I'd like him in my system
Ruby is 24 and has a major league fastball. He is averaging 95.2 and has touched 98 with it. He has been up and down depending on Farrell's needs. They would like him to become a starter. At this point, he lacks command.

Reaction Score
Bad news Dempster only got 5 games. If he doesn't appeal he starts Sunday instead of Saturday.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bad news Dempster only got 5 games. If he doesn't appeal he starts Sunday instead of Saturday.
Bad News for who? He has brought nothing to the table lately. By the way, I heard this morning I have not confirmed it myself, that the Red Sox have 2 off days over the next week or so. So They don't need a 5th starter. Dempster should just serve out his suspension.

Reaction Score
Bad News for who? He has brought nothing to the table lately. By the way, I heard this morning I have not confirmed it myself, that the Red Sox have 2 off days over the next week or so. So They don't need a 5th starter. Dempster should just serve out his suspension.
Bad news for the Red Sox. I was hoping for more because he has sucked for months. And he was scheduled to start on Saturday. So if he takes the suspension the 5th game is Saturday. They are off on Thursday so everyone just starts on their normal rest and Dempster can start on Sunday.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom