Demarr Langford | The Boneyard

Demarr Langford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's still on the team yesy but he did essentially fall out of their rotation late last year, and they bring in a top 50 point guard

Cooley plays a lot of 2 PG sets.

Reaction Score
I’m still curious why they call this school “ science academy”. I highly doubt quantum physics or molecular biology are in the cirriculum there. It is a prep school for BB players. Nothing wrong with that.

pj

Reaction Score
Pretty sure MAL decommitted when Glen Miller was fired. Not sure that fits with the Chief narrative.

Although Chief doesn't think class schedules are a good recruiting tactic, he wanted his son to have the best possible class schedule.

C

Chief00

Pretty sure MAL decommitted when Glen Miller was fired. Not sure that fits with the Chief narrative.
Glen Miller and his loyalists take too much credit for just about anything.

Reaction Score
I’m still curious why they call this school “ science academy”. I highly doubt quantum physics or molecular biology are in the cirriculum there. It is a prep school for BB players. Nothing wrong with that.
They probably learn how to spell curriculum correctly. ;)

"Science" applies to more than the physics and biology classes you referenced (that aren't likely to be found at 99% of the high schools in the country). It is possible, even likely, that their method of teaching/learning involves the principles of "science", meaning it's probably evidence-based. One of the first/broadest definitions of science is simply the "the state of knowing". So perhaps by "Putnam Science Academy" what they're also saying is "Putnam Knowledge Academy".

science
noun

sci·ence | \ˈsī-ən(t)s \
Definition of science

1: the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding
2a: a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study the science of theology
b: something (such as a sport or technique) that may be studied or learned like systematized knowledge have it down to a science
3a: knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method
b: such knowledge or such a system of knowledge concerned with the physical world and its phenomena : NATURAL SCIENCE
4: a system or method reconciling practical ends with scientific laws cooking is both a science and an art
5 capitalized : CHRISTIAN SCIENCE

Reaction Score
They probably learn how to spell curriculum correctly. ;)

"Science" applies to more than the physics and biology classes you referenced (that aren't likely to be found at 99% of the high schools in the country). It is possible, even likely, that their method of teaching/learning involves the principles of "science", meaning it's probably evidence-based. One of the first/broadest definitions of science is simply the "the state of knowing". So perhaps by "Putnam Science Academy" what they're also saying is "Putnam Knowledge Academy".

science
noun

sci·ence | \ˈsī-ən(t)s \
Definition of science

1: the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding
2a: a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study the science of theology
b: something (such as a sport or technique) that may be studied or learned like systematized knowledge have it down to a science
3a: knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method
b: such knowledge or such a system of knowledge concerned with the physical world and its phenomena : NATURAL SCIENCE
4: a system or method reconciling practical ends with scientific laws cooking is both a science and an art
5 capitalized : CHRISTIAN SCIENCE
Ok u not i. Spelling is not one of my better abilities. Also just typing on the phone makes for a lot of spelling errors. I had to off the spell correct because I have my phone in Dutch, but I often write things in English as well as Dutch. Damn phone was driving me nuts changing English words to Dutch. But that is an informative answer you gave, thanks.

Reaction Score
Ok u not i. Spelling is not one of my better abilities. Also just typing on the phone makes for a lot of spelling errors. I had to off the spell correct because I have my phone in Dutch, but I often write things in English as well as Dutch. Damn phone was driving me nuts changing English words to Dutch. But that is an informative answer you gave, thanks.
Just with you on the spelling (why I used a winking smile).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom