Deleone | The Boneyard

Deleone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When we hired PP Syracuse fans said PP will be fine just pray that he doesn't bring his buddy Deleone along with him.

Since taking over the offense and the offensive line the offense has remained as horrible as it was under RE and the offensive line has regressed. PP's loyalty to Deleone got him fired at Syracuse, lets see if he makes the same mistake at UConn.

Just ask Don Brown if 18 months is enough time for players to learn new schemes. Deleone has no excuse.

Reaction Score
Deleone has got to go. if it wasnt for our D today we would have gotten smoked. our offense was awful. i really cant blame the players. ya there were a few questionable plays by whitmre, oline was lacking a little bit, but that is gonna happen in college football. i fell like the play calling set our offense up to fail. With our D and if we even had a mediocre offense we could have won easily. changes have to be made, starting with O coordinator. In my opinion NC State is not that good, but a win against them would have given us momentum and would have been classified as a big win just because of their name. Get Deleone out!

Reaction Score
When we hired PP Syracuse fans said PP will be fine just pray that he doesn't bring his buddy Deleone along with him.

Since taking over the offense and the offensive line the offense has remained as horrible as it was under RE and the offensive line has regressed. PP's loyalty to Deleone got him fired at Syracuse, lets see if he makes the same mistake at UConn.

Just ask Don Brown if 18 months is enough time for players to learn new schemes. Deleone has no excuse.
I agree with this post more strongly than can be conveyed by simply clicking "Like." Sadly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is where a strong AD needs to sit the coach down.

PP has by every means run a clean program, kids play hard and he was smart enough to hire Don Brown who has taken our defense to levels we have rarely seen.

PP also, for emotional reasons, brought in George DeLeone. The offensive talent that we had in January 2011 wasn't that different than the defensive talent in 2011. Don Brown's defense has impoved while the offense still is inconsitent at best. And GD took over OLine duties this year too and the line isn't very good at developing the running game and is only average against the pass.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the game.

Totally agree about Deleone. He needs to go. But of course he won't.

All I know is he is been here for 1+ years and our offense has stunk for that long. The qb each year has looked lost. And our offense cost us another game.

What is he exactly known for except running an offense into the ground.

Three things he's done: Let's take a smallish back and run him into the line(his favorite play), lets send out our wildcat qb and NEVER let him throw a pass just to change things up let him plunge forward for no gain or a loss.
. And lets have our oline regress to the point where our qb is going to get slammed on at least one play a drive.

In part to Deleones genius we pissed away a very winable game today.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Can't argue. Wildcat late on 2nd and 10? Why? Because he wanted to use that 3 & 20 play that has been burning a hole in his pocket?

Reaction Score
The play calling today makes Ambrose look like Mike Leach.

If the offense doesn't progress for the rest of the year DeLeone needs to go. That simple. Still shaking my head over some of the play calls.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the game.

lets send out our wildcat qb and NEVER let him throw a pass just to change things up let him plunge forward for no gain or a loss.

In part to Deleones genius we pissed away a very winable game today.

Seriously why do we run the wildcat with a QB but NEVER throw the ball out of it???? In two years I think we've thrown the ball twice out of the wildcat and I don't think I've ever seen SM go for more than 4 or 5 yards on a keeper. It's bringing me back to the Tyler Lorenzon shotgun option on 2 of every 4 downs days.

Reaction Score
I hope the media horde presses the offensive play calling and schemes a bit harder tomorrow and Tuesday.

Reaction Score
I hope the media horde presses the offensive play calling and schemes a bit harder tomorrow and Tuesday.
While I don't think the CT media are "Homers" (other than Kevin Nathan of course) I don't think we have any that ask the "tough" questions, either.....

Reaction Score
Two TD's in two games, and our D has given us great field position and a plethora of opportunities because they have forced a ton of three and outs by the opposition. We have a talent at QB this year so that excuse is gone. WTF?

Reaction Score
Agree, but think WM would look for a "bigger name"

And Bobby Petrino is that name. He's coached in the Big East, his offense is proven and given his recent indiscretions, we might be able to hire him for less than his true market value.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't think that P is the wrong coach, I really don't. I think that DeLeone is the wrong OLine coach. I think that we have seen enough evidence to support that. And the frustrating thing for many is that the right OLine coach is actually still part of the coaching staff!! Coach P has certainly done a nice job on the recruiting front, and he has the right demeanor and know-how to be the head coach.

The question is: how long does he insist on allowing his OLine to be taught by DeLeone and not Foley. The running game has gone from really good to non-existent since the change, and I don't think it is due to the OLine talent level...

Reaction Score
P is fair game here. He brought in DeLeone and now has to live with the consequences.

Reaction Score
I don't think that P is the wrong coach, I really don't. I think that DeLeone is the wrong OLine coach. I think that we have seen enough evidence to support that. And the frustrating thing for many is that the right OLine coach is actually still part of the coaching staff!! Coach P has certainly done a nice job on the recruiting front, and he has the right demeanor and know-how to be the head coach.

The question is: how long does he insist on allowing his OLine to be taught by DeLeone and not Foley. The running game has gone from really good to non-existent since the change, and I don't think it is due to the OLine talent level...

He made the change to Deleone this year. It's not going back to Foley mid season

Reaction Score
Yup. Pasqualoni is responsible for every success or failure. Just he who shall not be named was.

pj

Reaction Score
Pasqualone is doing great in every area but offense. DeLeone gets a year to work out the offense. Pasqualoni gets 3-4 years to work out who his offensive coordinator should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom