Delaire to Stanford and 2018 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Delaire to Stanford and 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not surprising, parents wanted academics and after he got wrecked by Achiuwa and still wasn’t showing much interest in us we kind of backed off.

Reaction Score
With Kisunas & Delaire Stanford is becoming UConn West. Both are good players but average athletes. Interesting to see how they develop and whether on the court together, their skills & IQ offset athleticism against the UCLA's.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
1) it’s not duke

2) it’s not lsu and claiming academics are important

3) Re class to 2018 when the roster has no current openings.

I can live with this one. This is not one that should cause a BY meltdown imo

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Wish him nothing but the best. Going to Stanford means you're set for life even if you leg falls off, so I can't blame him. Glad he didn't go to Duke.

Yeah I agree. Can’t blame a guy for taking that Stanford nextwork.

Reaction Score
This isn’t even close to a miss. We didn’t have a scholarship

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
It was pretty easy to connect the dots between our prioritizing of Achiuwa and Delaire's increased interest in other schools/re-classifying.

I think, even if we had prioritized Delaire, it would have been tough fight against the pull to go to a big time academic institution like Stanford. This kid will get to play in a nice program and likely leave with one of the most sought-after degrees in the country....not too shabby.

Hopefully business picks up on our end with a commitment from Gaffney/Bouknight and it can ease a bit of the anxiety before we all focus our nervous energy on Achiuwa and Kofi.

Reaction Score
This is a great decision for Delaire. He is academically suited to Stanford and it seems as though the staff had prioritized other players over him. I hope that he has a great career there. With that being said, I am looking forward to the first signing for Coach Hurley and his staff. They certainly have been embracing the grind on the recruiting trail. Here's hoping that some of the OV's turn into Letters of Intent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hard to turn down Stanford when you have the academic abilities to go with the basketball ability. Pretty nice place to spend your college life, too.

As long as we hit the mark on the other big guys, this is fine. But if we miss the mark on our main targets AND lose CT kids.... big yikes.
Do you know what his grades and test scores were? He may have been a legit academic match but a lot of athletes are barely above the minimum cutoff for these schools and that cutoff is surprisingly low when you read about the saga of the Harvard lawsuit.

Reaction Score
Do you know what his grades and test scores were? He may have been a legit academic match but a lot of athletes are barely above the minimum cutoff for these schools and that cutoff is surprisingly low when you read about the saga of the Harvard lawsuit.

Regarding Stanford, I believe that they do not lower their standards for athletes. One of the few that do this. I could be wrong on the matter though.

Reaction Score
Regarding Stanford, I believe that they do not lower their standards for athletes. One of the few that do this. I could be wrong on the matter though.
I think they have strict admissions but each program gets 'x' amount of waivers to admit at a different academic level. Like instead of a 2.3 to get in you might need a 3.0 or a 3.3

Reaction Score

If they didn't lower their standards for athletes they would lose every game by 300 points.

That's not to say that their standards for athletes aren't higher than most D1 schools.

Reaction Score
He cares just as much about his education as he does about basketball. Can’t fault him for picking Stanford. I’d probably do the same.

I’ll always root for a CT kid. Best of luck Jaiden!

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think, even if we had prioritized Delaire, it would have been tough fight against the pull to go to a big time academic institution like Stanford.
No doubt they are a good school. I like to think of them as the UConn of the west.

Reaction Score
"The skilled PF was seen as a UCONN lean, but Stanford had a scholarship open up late with the transfer of Reid Travis." Damn...

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
"The skilled PF was seen as a UCONN lean, but Stanford had a scholarship open up late with the transfer of Reid Travis." Damn...

Kick to the nuts when already down

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wish him well, but it is time to move on to the next player.

Reaction Score
I like this kid, and I'm sure I'll be wrong about this, but I think he'll be better right out of the gate than Achiuwa (whose ceiling is admittedly way higher). He might not be a freak athlete but he's very skilled.

Reaction Score
I like this kid, and I'm sure I'll be wrong about this, but I think he'll be better right out of the gate than Achiuwa (whose ceiling is admittedly way higher). He might not be a freak athlete but he's very skilled.
I disagree. Achiuwa has more tools to affect the game in areas other than offense. He'll be a better rebounder, defender, slasher than Delaire out the gate. If he ca become more consistent with his jump shot(it isnt broke) then he'll be much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom