Defining game or series of games for the 2021-22 season | The Boneyard

Defining game or series of games for the 2021-22 season

Reaction Score
What game or series of games do you think defines the 2021-22 Huskies? I think Villanova is the obvious answer but I will go a step further and say the home stand was the defining moment with Seton Hall, Xavier and Villanova. UConn lost to all three teams on the road so to come back and beat them at home I think is the highlight of the season. What do yall think?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nova XL Game was definitely the highlight with the Auburn OT game a close second
And for the 2nd consecutive season the 1st and only NCAA game was the basement

Reaction Score
Nova XL Game was definitely the highlight with the Auburn OT game a close second
And for the 2nd consecutive season the 1st and only NCAA game was the basement
Agree, but we were gifted the Villanova game with a couple of very questionable calls. Couldn’t beat them when it mattered.

Reaction Score
Agree, but we were gifted the Villanova game with a couple of very questionable calls. Couldn’t beat them when it mattered.

You're never gifted a Nova game, no way no how. They get away with murder on D all game with knees, forearms to stop driving momentum etc... so any calls we received in our favor would certainly even out the misses by the stripes all game.

Reaction Score
You're never gifted a Nova game, no way no how. They get away with murder on D all game with knees, forearms to stop driving momentum etc... so any calls we received in our favor would certainly even out the misses by the stripes all game.
Fair point and I’m happy that we got the calls. However, there’s no way we would have got those calls on the road, especially the tie-up.

Reaction Score
Nova was gifted 4 points because the ref Breeding needed to make it about him. They won in spite of the refs not because of them. And the whole reason that sequence leading the Hurley ejection happened was because Tyrese should have been at the charity stripe for 2 but the refs swallowed their whistles.

Reaction Score
The last win again Seton Hall at MSG.

We won with a solid, wire-to-wire, professional performance with suffocating D that showed we were clearly above the middle of the pack and belonged among the BE contenders.

Reaction Score
Nova was gifted 4 points because the ref Breeding needed to make it about him. They won in spite of the refs not because of them. And the whole reason that sequence leading the Hurley ejection happened was because Tyrese should have been at the charity stripe for 2 but the refs swallowed their whistles.
I agree with everything you’re saying and believe that the Nova win was the most inspiring game of the season. I’m just trying to bring a balanced perspective. I was at the game in 1986 when we lost to Hartford. We’re all very proud of the program and what we’ve accomplished since then. I just think we can do better than 1st round losses to 10 and 12 seeds. Beating Nova by the skin of our teeth is great, but we lost to them a few weeks later when it mattered. I guess it’s better than losing to Arkansas by 35.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom