Defending The Three.... Again.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Defending The Three.... Again....

Reaction Score
Well, we better be ready for WCBB's best 3 point sniper Taylor Robertson averaging over 5 made 3 pt shots per game at 49% accuracy. And the Okies have some big bodies to set screens
The Sooner are not a bad team they can be dangerous from inside and out. However, at Uconn that may be different. It will be interesting to see how Geno, CD, and Olivia handle the '' Big bodies of the Sooners.
Also it too is interesting to wonder who Geno puts on Robertson (along with Garth Brooks my neighbors in Yukon, OK. along the Canadian River Dale owned much of it.)

Reaction Score
"Becomes more comfortable?" Over the past 4+ games, Anna has been a solid 3 point shooter. She is there today.
I agree, but too I think she has a long way to go (Ania that is) before she feels comfortable totally in a Uconn suit.

Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey shows her true colors by allowing her to do it. She played 33 minutes and jacked up 23 3-pointers in a game they won by 68 points. Clearly, Mulkey left her in the game so she COULD set the record, showing complete and utter disrespect for their opponent. Real classy, Kim! Nice to see you put aside sportsmanship in favor of running Baylor's flag up the flagpole so you get the attention. I can't even imagine how the other coach and players felt. Baylor was up 58-19 at the half. Juicy had 5 3's at halftime. It was 85-35 after the 3rd quarter, yet Juicy was still in the game in the 4th, taking 7 more 3-point attempts and making 3 of them. Her last 3-pointer was taken with 2:01 left in the 4th quarter. The score was 107-40. Absoluetly shameful, in my opinion.
You like many on this thread are reading Kim's mind. There is no knowing what she thought or intended. The fact is her player threw up a lot of shot.s, The question is: Was this dreadful for Conway/Arkansas St I'm making a jump here--it's possible they expected to be badly beaten. I often say one point is all that's necessary to win. So, what is the meaning of the 10,20,30, 40, 50 point wins are they less detrimental to the losing team? The Ark St coach knew when he/she scheduled this game it may be a sad day ---so why was it done. If anyone is to be chastised let it be the Ark St coach but maybe that coach got something from this game??

Reaction Score
I don't find your comparisons and reasoning convincing. The Sales record was worked out in cooperation with the other team and had absolutely nothing to do with the game's outcome or running up the score against an over matched opponent. As for Lou, it was a tournament game against the second best team in the conference, not a team ranked 300+ early in the season. And Lou took 10 shots, not 24. What was she to do, shoot left-handed. And even then, she sat out the 4th quarter. I don't see how these examples are in any way comparable.

So it’s okay to break a record only when a it’s agreed upon by the coaches prior to the game? Logical fallacy. It’s okay to keep a player in after the game is out of reach and you’ve already beaten that team multiple times that year (regardless of being the second ranked team in the conference, which means nothing) just because she’s hot from 3 that day? Doesn’t seem like it’s any better.

And what about the other examples? You missed my point. The point was that coaches want their players to break records or achieve things that are within their grasp. I get that many on this board don’t like Mulkey for whatever reason, but that’s no reason to bash her for letting her player stay in and break a record. Why should landrum have to wait until it’s another top 10 team and a game that’s down to one possession to break a record? Should UConn ignore the wins they had against lesser teams in any of their streaks because their lesser teams? The argument that this was bad because of the score/RPI of the team is a bogus attempt to hide the hate for Baylor/Mulkey. If this were a UConn player nobody would be saying Geno looks bad for doing this.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I congratulate her on the feat. But the reaction as if they won at the buzzer in front of those poor kids on the opposing team kind shows a lack of sportsmanship from Mulkeys team especially since it was low quality opponent. I don’t believe Geno would ever do that or let that type of sportsmanship happen on the court.

If you think back to the twin big girls Ashley and Courtney Paris...when Kim Mulkey would keep Courtney in the game no matter what the score until she had her double / double...all for the reason so she could keep her double / double streak going. So...this kind of thing has long been encoded in Mulkey's DNA.

Reaction Score
If you think back to the twin big girls Ashley and Courtney Paris...when Kim Mulkey would keep Courtney in the game no matter what the score until she had her double / double...all for the reason so she could keep her double / double streak going. So...this kind of thing has long been encoded in Mulkey's DNA.
Well...except that the Paris twins played for Oklahoma....

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Minus those 24 3's, it was a pretty close game. Baylor's victory margin would have been only 4 points. No wonder Kim kept the metal to the pedal! :rolleyes:
Uh Cabbie - Please check my math
13 3 point field goals = 39 points ;
111 total points - 39 = 79
79 points - Ark St.'s 43 = 29 I don't understand the 4 point reference Baylor would have won by 29.

Reaction Score
So it’s okay to break a record only when a it’s agreed upon by the coaches prior to the game? Logical fallacy. It’s okay to keep a player in after the game is out of reach and you’ve already beaten that team multiple times that year (regardless of being the second ranked team in the conference, which means nothing) just because she’s hot from 3 that day? Doesn’t seem like it’s any better.

And what about the other examples? You missed my point. The point was that coaches want their players to break records or achieve things that are within their grasp. I get that many on this board don’t like Mulkey for whatever reason, but that’s no reason to bash her for letting her player stay in and break a record. Why should landrum have to wait until it’s another top 10 team and a game that’s down to one possession to break a record? Should UConn ignore the wins they had against lesser teams in any of their streaks because their lesser teams? The argument that this was bad because of the score/RPI of the team is a bogus attempt to hide the hate for Baylor/Mulkey. If this were a UConn player nobody would be saying Geno looks bad for doing this.

The issue was beating up in a badly over matched opponent (one that Baylor, frankly, should not have been playing - and I know of what I speak, my daughter went to AState).The Sales incident had nothing, repeat nothing,to do with running it up on an opponent. In fact, it was done in a manner to ensure that it wasn’t. Second, the record in question was a UConn only record (with the holder of the record consulted beforehand). And Lou sat out the 4th quarter after attempting only 10 3 point shots. If you can’t see how these two scenarios are different (and these are the examples you cited), I don’t know what else to tell you.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Uh Cabbie - Please check my math
13 3 point field goals = 39 points ;
111 total points - 39 = 79
79 points - Ark St.'s 43 = 29 I don't understand the 4 point reference Baylor would have won by 29.

My bad - I thought I had read on a game summary that the team had made 24 3-pointers. After your reply I went back and looked at the box score and saw my error.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My bad - I thought I had read on a game summary that the team had made 24 3-pointers. After your reply I went back and looked at the box score and saw my error.

I thought that's what you did. You must be catching that from me. ;)

Reaction Score
HopJim you misinterpreted my post. As Anna becomes more comfortable with UCONN’S
system of play she will be shooting more and thus more comfortable”. As I have posted many times I just love her game and it will only
get “more comfortable”. Can’t wait until Sunday’s game. Cheers to all!
Thanks for your note! All is good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom