Deepster .... | The Boneyard

Deepster ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Strawberry and Gooden were signed right around the time I really started devouring anything and everything baseball related. I watched them both rocket up, the plummet down. Exciting....then depressing to be part of when you watched it all and had such an investment in those guys.

I am glad to see he is straight and looks to be a good Dad. The only other leftie I've ever se

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Strawberry and Gooden were signed right around the time I really started devouring anything and everything baseball related. I watched them both rocket up, the plummet down. Exciting....then depressing to be part of when you watched it all and had such an investment in those guys.

I am glad to see he is straight and looks to be a good Dad.

Same here. I remember watching Banner Day at Shea when Straw was just signed and not even in the majors yet, and there were "Strawberry Fields Forever" banners because the fans were already so excited about him. The following decade was my most intense period of professional sports fandom, and as a Mets and NY Giants fan it was quite a time. The next two decades, not so much...

I had forgotten about his daughter being at UConn. Nice story. Thanks for posting Mau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom