Deep Dive on Piath on the court by Connolly | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Deep Dive on Piath on the court by Connolly

Reaction Score
Thanks. But I would think alot of players would then benefit with summer classes just to get a leg up on the competition?? Maybe not this COVID season where getting back to home and family is so important but normal years?
Also, by taking classes in summer school, they are able to take 12 credit hours instead of 15 in the fall and spring semesters, thus making managing academics and basketball somewhat easier. Full time is usually designated as 12, but one has to average 15 to graduate on time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why do you think there is a strong possibility? All Big-10 players as sophomores are drafted high when they graduate and she is ready now to make an impact in Euroball. I would be flabbergasted if she stayed for two years.
I believe there was a post from @CBus13 that said:
"Dorka Juhasz is graduating early and transferring from Ohio State. Says will use her two years of eligibility elsewhere."

Why would you be "flabbergasted" if Dorka stayed 2 years?

Reaction Score
IMO, very few know how to. The coaches identify those weaknesses for them before they leave campus. But that's where initiative comes in. If they don't go out and find someone who can show them how to attack those weaknesses, they come back to campus and start scrimmaging with those bad habits still ingrained. And come November they look basically the same as last season.
That’s my observation as well. Most don’t look any different than the previous season.

Reaction Score
I believe there was a post from @CBus13 that said:
"Dorka Juhasz is graduating early and transferring from Ohio State. Says will use her two years of eligibility elsewhere."

Why would you be "flabbergasted" if Dorka stayed 2 years?
I believe my post stated my view clearly.

Reaction Score
I have high hopes for Piath. Not All-American hopes. But hopes for the game when she comes and just does everything right for 15 minutes and Coach says, "We wouldn't have won today if not for her." That 10,000 watt smile lighting up as she experiences a Paige like moment when the whole team is hugging and jumping up and she is being celebrated and celebrator. Those are the moments you remember as a player and I really want her to experience.
May I like this post 1,000 times? Thanks, Husky! My hubs sees something special in Piath, as do I.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
May I like this post 1,000 times? Thanks, Husky! My hubs sees something special in Piath, as do I.
FWIW, I hear she uses the Coach 'G' phrase. :eek::cool:

Reaction Score
While I don't remember Geno ever doing this, Piath was the perfect candidate to redshirt. Hard to do with all the pressures that come with being on UConn, but with her size and potential may have been worth the investment.

Reaction Score
While I don't remember Geno ever doing this, Piath was the perfect candidate to redshirt. Hard to do with all the pressures that come with being on UConn, but with her size and potential may have been worth the investment.
Last year in essence was a redshirt year. With the extra year granted by the NCAA she will still have 4 more years at UConn

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If memory serves, Jess Moore redshirted. She would have been behind Swin, Asjha and Tamika if she’d played in her freshman year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What are the chances Piath's performance next season will match Batouly Camara's at Storrs at least in terms of minutes?
Not a dig at Camara's performance. Just trying to set my expectations for Piath.
A set of levels I can measure her progress against. Big-rig level. Camara level. Brittany Hunter (at Storrs) level. Heather Buck level.
Once she reaches Heather Buck level - she has arrived.

Reaction Score
I am reminded of Hilton Armstrong on the men’s side, a 6’11” project buried behind centers during the era when UConn perennially led the nation in blocks. He did not see much playing time until his senior year, when his star shown brightly and became a crucial contributor that kept our block party going.

May Gabriel follow a similar trajectory.
Good one, Digger. When I read that, I had the recollection that, not only did Armstrong have a fine senior year at UConn, he also had some time in the NBA. I looked it up - 292 games over parts of six seasons, including 70 games in one season for New Orleans. Not bad for a "project," and I'm sure he made a few shekels over those years, too. Actually, I looked that up, too. $9.5 million. I hope he sends Jim Calhoun a Christmas card every year.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What are the chances Piath's performance next season will match Batouly Camara's at Storrs at least in terms of minutes?
Not a dig at Camara's performance. Just trying to set my expectations for Piath.
A set of levels I can measure her progress against. Big-rig level. Camara level. Brittany Hunter (at Storrs) level. Heather Buck level.
Once she reaches Heather Buck level - she has arrived.
I do believe you are going to need a whole new batch of measures. I will jump out on the prediction limb and state Piath will be the most improved player on this years team (that's not too tough based on where she is starting) AND be playing significant minutes in January of 2022. By significant I mean she will regularly be giving a 3-5 minute break to another post while the team experiences no fall off in production.
You heard it hear, mark it down.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I do believe you are going to need a whole new batch of measures. I will jump out on the prediction limb and state Piath will be the most improved player on this years team (that's not too tough based on where she is starting) AND be playing significant minutes in January of 2022. By significant I mean she will regularly be giving a 3-5 minute break to another post while the team experiences no fall off in production.
1620239607861.png

Reaction Score
I’m seeing but not fully believing. I sincerely hope you’re right though.

Reaction Score
Just as I don't get your point about a "project" being able to contribute in games against SC and Stanford.
We all are dreaming the Piath will be the next star. The next Tina Charles. She has an amazing physicality for the position. Geno saw it when she was recruited. And, from what we hear, she is a dedicated worker. She needs playing time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We all are dreaming the Piath will be the next star. The next Tina Charles. She has an amazing physicality for the position. Geno saw it when she was recruited. And, from what we hear, she is a dedicated worker. She needs playing time.
Well, maybe not Tina - she was the best center in the world for a time. But if Piath can be a Kiah Stokes type, that would be awesome. Those pesky, speedy guards wouldn’t be able to just zoom in and score if Kiah were in the paint. I sincerely hope Piath can contribute in that way.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Do they still have "Big Man" camps (also included women) during the summer or did co-vid ax them temporarily? Piath really would have benefitted from that this summer, and next if it is to be revived. I know a number of our past centers did attend.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Do they still have "Big Man" camps (also included women) during the summer or did co-vid ax them temporarily? Piath really would have benefitted from that this summer, and next if it is to be revived. I know a number of our past centers did attend.
When UConn WBB returns for summer classes, with 5 players 6’3” or greater, that will pretty much constitute a “Big Man” camp.

Oh by the way, their should be a pretty competitive “guard & wing” camp as well......

Reaction Score
Have not seen anywhere any comments
From GA regarding PG
Will be interesting if and when he does
Have something to say about her progress

Reaction Score
Well, maybe not Tina - she was the best center in the world for a time. But if Piath can be a Kiah Stokes type, that would be awesome. Those pesky, speedy guards wouldn’t be able to just zoom in and score if Kiah were in the paint. I sincerely hope Piath can contribute in that way.
needs to improve her awareness but yes that would be great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom