dee kantner | The Boneyard

dee kantner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone seen dee kanter reffin?. seems like I haven't seen her . maybe just missed it

Reaction Score
I've watched a ton of tournament games myself and I have not seen her either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would guess that's because she's most probably assigned to the final four.
I saw her reffing some games in the conference tourneys - i didn't hear any complaints about her - I know UCONN fans have been hard on her in the past, but maybe her reffing has "improved"?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I would guess that's because she's most probably assigned to the final four.
Dunno.. Unless the changed the structure post Mary Struckhoff, there is a pool of officials created from the recommendations of the conferences... Folks are assigned from that pool and then reviewed and reassigned (or not) as the Tourney moves on.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She has reffed games in the Tourney but they're probably giving her the regionals off as she will certainly work the Final Four.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
i know this is not the spirit of your question, but I rewatched the 1995 championship game and she was one of two refs (before they went to 3).

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
http://www.wbbstate.com/officials/dee-kantner/15

She has only done these two games so far in the tournament.

Sat 3/21 Louisiana State 64 South Florida 73Final | NCAA Round of 64
Mon 3/23 Louisville 60 South Florida 52Final | NCAA Round of 32 Tampa,
spacer.gif

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A bit off the topic, but why would anyone want to ref WCBB? Nuthin' but tiresome travel, crap from the fans, and June Courteau as a boss.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
A bit off the topic, but why would anyone want to ref WCBB? Nuthin' but tiresome travel, crap from the fans, and June Courteau as a boss.

Truth. But some love the game, want to stay with it and are - clearly - a glutton for punishment. If you could name any workplace that is consistently a "hostile environment" officiating sports - and in particular, basketball, because they're so close to the fans - would be it. I would hate for my work environment to permit the carp fans pull....

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I saw her tonight at the ND/Baylor game. I like Dee, I think she's the best WBB ref there is and the pool of "good" WBB refs is shallow, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
i know this is not the spirit of your question, but I rewatched the 1995 championship game and she was one of two refs (before they went to 3).
Can't recall how she did that day, but generally speaking UConn's Bigs are frequently in foul trouble when she refs, and they surely were that day.

Reaction Score
Truth. But some love the game, want to stay with it and are - clearly - a glutton for punishment. If you could name any workplace that is consistently a "hostile environment" officiating sports - and in particular, basketball, because they're so close to the fans - would be it. I would hate for my work environment to permit the carp fans pull....

$$$$ They make great money, everything is arranged and paid for by the NCAA, and it's part time seasonal employment. They work those hours cuz they want to. One ref I've gotten to know over the years is one of the best but doesn't really need the money, so doesn't do so many games. This ref actually took a year off awhile ago to work in a family business back home. The refs we see the most work too much IMHO. Kantner does way too many high profile, pressure packed games, often B2B and B2B2B.

Reaction Score
Was just looking at a listing of all officials and their 2014 - 15 game assignments, and it appeared that Dee hadn't worked since 3/23 until tonight. Could be it wasn't up to date, though Susan Blaugh's and Denise Brooks listings reflected recent games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom