Decommitts | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Decommitts

Reaction Score
Sorry , spell check messed my post up. I recal that when Edsal deserted UCONN for Mariland we had some decommits and some transfers.
It happens any time there's a coaching change. It's to be expect. It sucks, but Mora really has me drinking the kool-aid. I think we will be night and day difference next year.

Reaction Score
When there is a coaching change, you have to expect some decommitments, especially since the HC was fired in September and its now November. Here are some other schools with coaching changes:

LSU 9 decommits
USC 7 decommits
UConn 7 decommits
TCU 5 decommits
Washington 4 decommits

Even schools without coaching changes have decommits for many reasons:

Florida State 7 decommits
Florida 5 decommits
Miami 4 decommits
Penn State 3 decommits
Alabama 3 decommits
Ohio State 2 decommits
Now with Mullins out at UF, I wonder how many more decommits will happen. Coach Mora, please get Mullins up here with a few commits of his....

Reaction Score
Now with Mullins out at UF, I wonder how many more decommits will happen. Coach Mora, please get Mullins up here with a few commits of his....
Be beyond thrilled to have Mullen, but you do realize he was let go in great part b/c he was not recruiting well?

Reaction Score
It happens any time there's a coaching change. It's to be expect. It sucks, but Mora really has me drinking the kool-aid. I think we will be night and day difference next year.
I agree. It took me longer to warm up to Mora. I went from cautious hopefull to optimistic. His enthusiasm seems genuine not that bovine BS that Diaco flagulated out of his mouth.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Imagine committing to the run, run, pass, punt - 2 yards and no first down offense and then decommitting when a coach that actually wants to play football in the 21st century gets the job. I don’t understand it.
Maybe it's about playing time. They suspect the team will get better and they will see less of the field.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
While it's true that these kids should do what's best for them. Then they never should have given a "commitment" if they didn't mean it. I don't buy this "they commit to the coaching staff" bull. What programs are that stable? What coaches would not jump to greener pastures? Maybe a handful of programs where you could be confident that things won't change. Kids should be advised and be smart enough to commit to the school. To me it shows a lack of character. It would be one thing if Uconn went FCS or was not showing their intentions to excel.
I disagree. This is a life decision for the players. The deal changed when the coach changed. I stand by them and wish them the best, regardless of where they play.

Reaction Score

Looks like he liked a bunch of tweets of Mora and UConn up to last week. I am not buying these players are decommiting due to Mora. I think we are gunna see a major influx of transfers and Mora is either being too honest with them about it or there a potentially assistants not returning. I dont know what it specifically is but its not due to the players not liking Mora specifically.

Reaction Score
Chris Calhoun has decommitted as well a day after Warner was offered. Something is obviously going on behind the scenes.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Edsall must have a new job and they are following him there.

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom