December UConn recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

December UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Nike Tournament of Champions will soon be taking place from December 18 to 21. The tournament, which is the flagship event of the season, is considered by many to be the national championship of American women's basketball. This year, the level of competition will be no exception, with six teams from the top ten of the ESPN and MaXpreps rankings taking part. The MaXpreps rankings are attached, and you can see that ARCHIBISHOP MITTY (Morgan Cheli and McKenna Woliczko) and IMG ACADEMY (Kelis Fisher) are in a very strong position.

I like to see UConn's future players evolve in a highly competitive environment. I sincerely believe that this better prepares them for the next level of play. Kelis Fisher's IMG ACADEMY team, which had a difficult season last year, has made some very positive changes so far. The existing coach has been replaced by Frank Oliver Jr, who coached Qadence Samuels last season with Bishop McNamara. Some very good transfers have also been added, including Canadian Deniya Prawl (2025). The tournament will host 128 teams in eight divisions of 16. The Vincent Cannizzaro Bracket will of course be the championship division (attachment), and in a rare move this year, a Canadian team has been introduced: Toronto's Crestwood Prep. As you can see from the attachment, the teams of Kelis Fisher and Morgan Cheli are placed on the same side, and if logic holds, the two could face each other in the semi-finals. Last year's final was shown on ESPN, but I don't have the information for this year.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Classement MaXpreps.png
Nike Tournament of Champions 2023.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Nike Tournament of Champions will soon be taking place from December 18 to 21. The tournament, which is the flagship event of the season, is considered by many to be the national championship of American women's basketball. This year, the level of competition will be no exception, with six teams from the top ten of the ESPN and MaXpreps rankings taking part. The MaXpreps rankings are attached, and you can see that ARCHIBISHOP MITTY (Morgan Cheli and McKenna Woliczko) and IMG ACADEMY (Kelis Fisher) are in a very strong position.

I like to see UConn's future players evolve in a highly competitive environment. I sincerely believe that this better prepares them for the next level of play. Kelis Fisher's IMG ACADEMY team, which had a difficult season last year, has made some very positive changes so far. The existing coach has been replaced by Frank Oliver Jr, who coached Qadence Samuels last season with Bishop McNamara. Some very good transfers have also been added, including Canadian Deniya Prawl (2025). The tournament will host 128 teams in eight divisions of 16. The Vincent Cannizzaro Bracket will of course be the championship division (attachment), and in a rare move this year, a Canadian team has been introduced: Toronto's Crestwood Prep. As you can see from the attachment, the teams of Kelis Fisher and Morgan Cheli are placed on the same side, and if logic holds, the two could face each other in the semi-finals. Last year's final was shown on ESPN, but I don't have the information for this year.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) View attachment 94063 View attachment 94064
In addition - POIs Addie Deal plays for Mater Dei, Holland Harris play for Monteverde, and Kelsi Andrews plays for Hazel Green

Reaction Score
In addition - POIs Addie Deal plays for Mater Dei, Holland Harris play for Monteverde, and Kelsi Andrews plays for Hazel Green

Kaleena “Special K” Smith of Ontario Christian, Zakiyah Johnson (Top 12) of Sacred Heart, Zhen Craft (not sure if she’s being recruited, but she’s followed by CD) of Bishop McNamara.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kaleena “Special K” Smith of Ontario Christian, Zakiyah Johnson (Top 12) of Sacred Heart, Zhen Craft (not sure if she’s being recruited, but she’s followed by CD) of Bishop McNamara.
Sydney “Bean” Douglas is Ontario Christian, too. That gym will be filled when they play. No coaches are following Zhen Craft on Instagram

Reaction Score
Sydney “Bean” Douglas is Ontario Christian, too. That gym will be filled when they play. No coaches are following Zhen Craft on Instagram

CD is following on Twitter, not sure when she started following or how long it’s been.

Reaction Score

Watching those Sarah Strong film highlights... I got the sense that on some of
those shots Sarah is her own "screen" = e.g. shooting with her left hand on
a layup/ drive with the defender not able to get anywhere near a defensive position!
And... on other segments.... I said to myself about the defender: " I would not get in
her way either!" Sarah is not only "STRONG"... she is a "FORCE".

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what’s happening with Bryn McG. If she commits elsewhere because he’s still hoping for Sara Strong, he’s got nobody to blame but himself.
I have to wonder whats goin on behind the scenes. I would think there is alot of talk about who has told Geno theyre coming but hasnt officially committed yet and dont have offers yets because somebody else may go elsewhere.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hope UConn doesn't have all its eggs in the Sarah Strong basket. Been there, done that. Didn't end well.

Reaction Score
I hope UConn doesn't have all its eggs in the Sarah Strong basket. Been there, done that. Didn't end well.
I’m fairly sure Geno & Co. are fully aware of the Strong situation and have fallback plans in the event she chooses another school. Although I’m not as confident as I once was, I’m still hoping she ends up as a Husky. She is about as good a fit for us as I can remember. I am confident that if she comes we will win at least one championship during her tenure here! She is a gamechanger! Meanwhile though, I’m with the posters urging Geno to look at McGaughy! I think she’s about to explode on the recruiting scene as she appears to be yet another “can’t miss“ big girl with small girl skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom