December - Other Big East Games | The Boneyard

December - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Other Games thread will get messy if we throw everything into it.

Seton Hall vs. Providence is a pretty good game so far. I know there is a Holloway hater somewhere on this board, but I think SHU plays really good defense.

Richmond is having a good first half against PC, but he is not a good enough player to be this much of a hot dog.

Reaction Score
I said it in the other thread, but I'm not impressed with either of these teams on offense.

(Note: I also need Seton Hall to win to complete a parlay. Go Pirates.)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seton Hall's offense is bad. There is just a lot of low probability basketball by the Hall on offense. Low percentage shots, low percentage passes, kamikaze drives into traffic, all of which lead to inefficient offense. Richmond happens to be having a good game, but even he is playing like a lunatic with some of the scoring attempts he is making.

I think Providence's players just suck. That's why they look bad on offense.

Edit: Dawes coming down and attempting a 1 on 4 pull up 3 is an example of what I am talking about. SHU just keeps wasting possessions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Back and forth game. Seton Hall playing very good D causing turnovers and protecting the rim.

Reaction Score
This is going to come down to the whistle and free throw shooting. I'd rather be Cooley in this situation.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Technically it is one of the last OOC games, but whatever. Depaul getting bludgeoned by Northwestern early, and Depaul looks helpless. I think a couple of players are out, but I don't know if that matters.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Back and forth game. Seton Hall playing very good D causing turnovers and protecting the rim.

Richmond just picked up a silly offensive foul.

Seton Hall needs to cut out the 10 stupidest offensive decisions it makes every game, and it would be a lot better. And there is some really low hanging fruit in this department.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Announcer just said Carter is the best defender in the Big East…has he heard of Andre Jackson???

I look like a better defender when the people I am defending are playing crazy.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
entertaining game - agree that both these teams seemingly play pretty good D and both are pretty challenged offensively. SHU plays with no discipline in terms of their decision making on offense

Reaction Score
Seton Hall got a good look from 3 at the end down 3 with less than 10 seconds from their best shooter Dawes, but no dice.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seton Hall got a good look from 3 at the end down 3 with less than 10 seconds from their best shooter Dawes, but no dice.

If SHU had passed on what were about 8 contested pull up 3’s they took and missed, they would not have needed the last possession.

Reaction Score
Watching the end of the St. John's v Florida State game. I'll be the first to admit, Andre Curbelo is a more efficient offense player than I expected he'd be. Posh is shooting nearly two less field goals per game, and that's a good thing.

Also, Leonard Hamilton is so good at recruiting length, I swear Caleb Mills looks three inches taller compared to when he played against us at Houston.

Reaction Score
Also, Leonard Hamilton is so good at recruiting length, I swear Caleb Mills looks three inches taller compared to when he played against us at Houston.
But yet they're still terrible. Cleveland was a high recruit too. I haven't watched them yet, so not sure how they're so bad. I seem to recall Mills was only in it for himself though, it seemed.

Reaction Score
Villanova down 6 to St Joe's early in the 2nd half. They were like 12 pt favorites.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This game is a huge problem for Villanova beyond just losing to St. Joe’s. Any hope that Villanova has of an at-large is dependent on them getting a mulligan for the pre-Whitmore losses. If they pick up a bad loss with Whitmore, it pulls all the bad losses forward and there is no Mulligan.

They have to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24