Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Whats the score? I'm on the road. TIA

Reaction Score
Can't move 'n chains.

Dammit, the board is in meltdown protection mode again. WTF??

Reaction Score
Most of their stadiums are definitely too small for the FBS level. Still some nice antique architecture. I think they can keep up given the power and money those schools have.

I would love to see a game at the Yale Bowl at some point, but I can't agree that Yale has the ability to consistently compete at this level. None of the Ivy League schools can. Remember that Umass was a FCS power, and now they are the King of the Doormats (for now... the second half just started).

Bringing in 50k for the Harvard-Yale game is nice, but do they do this regularly? It seems unlikely. Most importantly, unless Uconn starts losing fans by the boatload, Yale is not going to supercede Uconn as the team of relevance in this state. You don't cheer for Yale unless you went to Yale, and that is not going to change anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Can't move 'n chains.

Dammit, the board is in meltdown protection mode again. WTF??
First step, sit McCombs. Kid sucks. Play Max and at least get some pass protect.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yale cares about Yale and SMU cares about SMU. As well as some of their local residents, especially Yale. Yale hockey season tickets sold out in a week. I am told by the director of Yale's facilities that 50K are expected for the Harvard/Yale game on the 23rd.

Oh Yale hockey sold out.

Harvard and Yale get 50k in the parking lots and 1/3rd inside.

The Ivy playing big time football again exists on the Boneyard.

SMU pretty clearly doesn't care about SMU.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Score? Anyone? Who gives a damn about Yale? Why is that even in a game thread?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"There was holding on the long DeLorenzo run, that's his fault and I'm gonna bench him again!"- TJ, probably

Reaction Score
Bringing in 50k for the Harvard-Yale game is nice, but do they do this regularly? It seems unlikely. Most importantly, unless Uconn starts losing fans by the boatload, Yale is not going to supercede Uconn as the team of relevance in this state. You don't cheer for Yale unless you went to Yale, and that is not going to change anytime soon.
It's debatable. It really is. if Yale went back to the top-tier level and won consistently, I think it would sell. We have the upper hand in basketball, yes.

Anyhow, enough from me on this subject.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Keep the running game going, boys....keep it going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom