Death. Taxes. Rothstein in Storrs for practice | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Death. Taxes. Rothstein in Storrs for practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I comment because the game is changing. And the "experts" don't seem to notice. Instead they resort to some cookie-cutter team where the PG is steady, rarely shoots and never turns the ball over. Again, that can certainly work. But like I said before. The best players learn their craft through shooting, driving into double teams, making bad passes...in short, making mistakes and trying stuff. I'm not saying Gibbs will ever get to the point where he controls/dominates a game...but if he has that ability...shooting is how he would do it.

If he shoots 43-45% from 3 he's not going to be taking bad shots ever. NDHusky is right. Not sure there's a concern here at all, he's a creative "shoot first" guy who can pass the ball too. He will adjust according to the talent around him based on listening to him. I think with the Hall and their issues he chucked up some bad shots because he had to. But he's also a "win first" guy not worried about his stats but more about W's that's why he came here. We're in dependable hands with no worries everyone relax.

Reaction Score
This is going to be really interesting because KO is known to be loyal, and if Enoch is that talented, can he push Nolan and Facey off the floor, or is this a Rothstein hype? Miller is there like a rock. Don't want to go by the early cupcake games.

Reaction Score
If Gibbs shoots 42% from the arc, then I wouldn't mind him get a lot of shots.

Reaction Score
This is going to be really interesting because KO is known to be loyal, and if Enoch is that talented, can he push Nolan and Facey off the floor, or is this a Rothstein hype? Miller is there like a rock. Don't want to go by the early cupcake games.

KO is known for playing whoever is the best option, not being loyal to whoever has more years or exeperience within the program. You're still hung up on this Lubin vs Nolan issue when it was plain as day why Nolan played more and KO has stated that in the media, Nolan knows where to be on defense and he set the best screens of the available bigs last year. If Enoch proves to be better than Nolan, KO will play him more, just like he played Nolan and Brimah more than Olander in 13-14, and Kromah and then TSam down the strech of 13-14 more than Omar.

Reaction Score
We must be going 11 deep. Gibbs, Adams, Cassell at guard. Calhoun, Purvis, and Hamilton at G/F. Then Nolan, Enoch, Facey, Brimah, and Miller at F/C.

I am fine with talk of going 10-11 deep if our personnel dictates it, as long as no one mentions the pl-&*%!-toon word.

Reaction Score
Not many had Enoch getting big minutes this year but with the comments by Ollie and Rothstein it appears he will be a part of the rotation.

I remember the last time we had a 6'10" freshman power forward from CT get more minutes than originally expected. That season was fun.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
There have been a lot more preseason predictions of our team going 10-11 deep over the years than actual occurrences. It's not likely this year, either.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
KO is known for playing whoever is the best option, not being loyal to whoever has more years or exeperience within the program. You're still hung up on this Lubin vs Nolan issue when it was plain as day why Nolan played more and KO has stated that in the media, Nolan knows where to be on defense and he set the best screens of the available bigs last year. If Enoch proves to be better than Nolan, KO will play him more, just like he played Nolan and Brimah more than Olander in 13-14, and Kromah and then TSam down the strech of 13-14 more than Omar.

I certainly don't know, and I doubt anyone else does, but I'm betting this happens again this year. How many bigs come in polished, understanding both offensive and defensive principles at the college level. Especially a kid as reportedly raw basketball wise as Enoch. jmo

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I remember the last time we had a 6'10" freshman power forward from CT get more minutes than originally expected. That season was fun.

Um yeah, he was the #1 recruit in the nation though. Also, our front court was not exceptional.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I want Gibbs shooting at least 8-9 threes per game. If he can put in 3 or 4 per game, that would be huge for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom