Dear Pitino, Russ, and Louisville | The Boneyard

Dear Pitino, Russ, and Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have seen several of you now reference that the Ville is better than y'all. I am not sure that I agree with that sentiment. Its about matchups. For whatever reason, their style and their personnel match up well with you. Not sure if I would say they are better per se, as you guys hammered my Memphis Tigers three times, yet we beat the Ville both times we played them. As I said, not sure I would say they are better, just match up well against your style and personnel. The Tigers would certainly have preferred playing SMU and then the Ville as opposed to you guys and if we had gotten lucky and gotten past you, Cincy. We don't match up well with either of you, yet do ok against the first two. Just shows what you need to be wary of come the real tournament. Good luck, and hope to see you in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
He's right, actually. The proof is in the pudding. While I think we could handle them if we met up again, I only think so because of our obvious improvements over time. But Memphis is not averse to running with us and they are tres athletic. We play the same style, looking to run when you're not even supposed to so we tolerate it. Everything trended to this final mix for Pitino and he stirs the team pot like a chef with this bunch - or tries to. Losing Behanen sucked.

Reaction Score
So who are other teams similar Memphis out there that would give Louisville trouble?

Reaction Score
He's right, actually. The proof is in the pudding. While I think we could handle them if we met up again, I only think so because of our obvious improvements over time. But Memphis is not averse to running with us and they are tres athletic. We play the same style, looking to run when you're not even supposed to so we tolerate it. Everything trended to this final mix for Pitino and he stirs the team pot like a chef with this bunch - or tries to. Losing Behanen sucked.

Behanan puts you guys in command right now if he's still there, real tough to lose it all with him and Harrell out there………..but again, it's like everyone else match ups are key in surviving. And without sounding like a whiner, the way the refs call the games will matter. You guys get a picky crew and there could be trouble, as long as they aren't fearful of Ricky!

Good luck Senore

Reaction Score
Behanan puts you guys in command right now if he's still there, real tough to lose it all with him and Harrell out there………..but again, it's like everyone else match ups are key in surviving. And without sounding like a whiner, the way the refs call the games will matter. You guys get a picky crew and there could be trouble, as long as they aren't fearful of Ricky!

Good luck Senore

Chane Behanon was booted from the team back in December and since transferred to Colorado State... Where marijuana is legal and why he was booted from LVille.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I have seen several of you now reference that the Ville is better than y'all. I am not sure that I agree with that sentiment. Its about matchups. For whatever reason, their style and their personnel match up well with you. Not sure if I would say they are better per se, as you guys hammered my Memphis Tigers three times, yet we beat the Ville both times we played them. As I said, not sure I would say they are better, just match up well against your style and personnel. The Tigers would certainly have preferred playing SMU and then the Ville as opposed to you guys and if we had gotten lucky and gotten past you, Cincy. We don't match up well with either of you, yet do ok against the first two. Just shows what you need to be wary of come the real tournament. Good luck, and hope to see you in the Final Four.

dude, when they use us to dust the floors three times in one season, they are better than us

but thanks anyhow

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Haven't they beaten us 9 out of the last 10 times or something crazy like that? Last win for us was the Big East title game in 2011. I don't think I've ever remembered a team that had our number this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom