Dear Dan Hurley, | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dear Dan Hurley,

Reaction Score
It's Bouk's first game back. Let's see how he responds before we act like we're 100% back. He'll likely be a bit tentative and have some rust and might be sore as the game progresses. May be on a minutes restriction of some sort too.

If you think you're seeing 40 point Bouk tonight, well....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dear Dan,

Our fanbase continues to be irrational. They seem to already have forgotten where we came from just 3-4 years ago. A team that was devoid of awareness, BBQ, team defense, how to run an offense and any kind of passion what so ever, sans a player or two. You have turned the program around, you have recruited at a high level. We have had some quality wins already during this crazy COVID year despite the challenges of being put on break more than most other teams, however unfortunately the fan base sees only what they want to see. They freak out on games they think we "should've won" and don't respect enough the big wins like Xavier and USC. They see the closes losses got high quality teams as failures not learning opportunities (Oh and it's your fault our guys struggle to hit free throws at the end of games, 100)

They put blinders on and don't carry to see that losing games while missing our best player in bouk, our best stretch 4 who plays significantly better defense than the other one, and an electric young freshman could be a reason not an excuse. They seem to forget that this team plays with 300x more passion, better team defense, is one of if not the best offensive rebounding teams in the country and has depth for days.

Sorry Dan. All they focus on is the number in the right column. And they perseverate on it. It ruins their lives. They have no ability to look at the process. They believe you as a coach should be flawless. And if they spot a mistake, well they must know more than you and that it was a mistake. I'm sure they still believe that because you didn't play Sanogo more minutes against St. Johns that you didn't learn from that mistake and they were the only ones that noticed that. Somehow he is just miraculously playing more mins recently. Oh and you are not the only one in their short-sided crosshairs. RJ Cole should be playing D2 by now, Tyler Polley has no business playing unless he makes his first three and after AJs first couple of games we should've sat him down all year, Carlton has no role on the team, etc.

Keep doing you DH.

PS. The fanbase also thinks you should run lay up lines for an hour every practice because they think it's your fault your players clank their bunnies every game.
Wait, there was a BBQ 3 years ago? And I wasn’t invited? Now I’m pissed.

Reaction Score
Yes, when everyone misreads your tone, it is usually best to hold to it.
But here’s the thing. You don’t have to like my tone. It is what it is, there’s no reason we shouldn’t win

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They seem to already have forgotten where we came from just 3-4 years ago. A team that was devoid of awareness, BBQ, team defense, how to run an offense and any kind of passion what so ever, sans a player or two.
Fire Grilling GIF by McBrikett

Because is basketball team without barbeque is not a basketball team.

Reaction Score
Fire Grilling GIF by McBrikett

Because is basketball team without barbeque is not a basketball team.
Funny, I was thinking the same. Why do some people call basketball IQ, BBQ? Barbecue already has BBQ taken. ?

Reaction Score
This program has been 100percent better since Hurley took over and it is trending upward, The progress has been substantial and it baffles me that anyone could have any other take on the current situation

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Funny, I was thinking the same. Why do some people call basketball IQ, BBQ? Barbecue already has BBQ taken. ?
On this site? Because Tom has a quirky sense of humor.

Reaction Score
Nothing personal against OP, just reads to me as if it’s some sort of ultimatum.

No more excuses. (Implies he’s been making excuses)

I’ve been one of his biggest defenders on here. (It’s not like a mob has been calling for his job. This isn’t a KO situation)

He now has all hands on deck. His excuses have run out. (What happens if you lose after having run out of excuses? Should he be worried?)

Bouk is back (First game)

Akok is back (Second game)

Jackson is back, RJ has found his game.

Now is the time.....WIN (...OR ELSE!)

Sincerely,
Husky Nation (We all held a meeting and determined that this is our collective stance. OR ELSE!)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sorry Dan! We don’t expect you to win now. Just have fun!!
The general advice is to stop digging when you're in a hole.

Your persistence got me curious enough to look up how Landers Nolley is doing at Memphis this year. He's scoring 13.8 ppg to lead the Tigers, and he's hitting 82% of his free throws, best on the team.

Tyrese Martin is playing against better competition, for a higher rated team (34 vs. 57 KenPom, and the 58 vs. 63 NET hasn't been updated yet tonight), scoring 12.1 ppg and hitting 65% of his FTs.

Otherwise, Martin's stats show him playing more minutes per game, having higher FG% & 3-pt%, double the rebounds, and no meaningful distinction in any other category. I like the guy we got.

It's nice to be in early with a punchy take, but as with haiku, sometimes you have to measure twice and cut once.

Danny's got more tools than ever before, but his job is gonna be more challenging every day to get to where he wants to be this year & beyond.

The mojo is rising
We all have our part to play
Coaches, players, fans

Reaction Score
The general advice is to stop digging when you're in a hole.

Your persistence got me curious enough to look up how Landers Nolley is doing at Memphis this year. He's scoring 13.8 ppg to lead the Tigers, and he's hitting 82% of his free throws, best on the team.

Tyrese Martin is playing against better competition, for a higher rated team (34 vs. 57 KenPom, and the 58 vs. 63 NET hasn't been updated yet tonight), scoring 12.1 ppg and hitting 65% of his FTs.

Otherwise, Martin's stats show him playing more minutes per game, having higher FG% & 3-pt%, double the rebounds, and no meaningful distinction in any other category. I like the guy we got.

It's nice to be in early with a punchy take, but as with haiku, sometimes you have to measure twice and cut once.

Danny's got more tools than ever before, but his job is gonna be more challenging every day to get to where he wants to be this year & beyond.

The mojo is rising
We all have our part to play
Coaches, players, fans
IDGAF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
IDGAF
When you post 15 out of 43 posts up to the point I quoted you, your IDGAF falls far short of credibility.

And we even had a nice digression into how the (non-)profanity filter changes BBIQ by stripping out the "I."

Still, I think @UCDaveD has the right idea, so thanks for boosting the mojo.

Reaction Score
When you post 15 out of 43 posts up to the point I quoted you, your IDGAF falls far short of credibility.

And we even had a nice digression into how the (non-)profanity filter changes BBQ by stripping out the "I."

Still, I think @UCDaveD has the right idea, so thanks for boosting the mojo.
You give off stalker vibes. One of the few posters I dont care to interact with on here. IGNORED

Reaction Score
No more excuses. I’ve been one of his biggest defenders on here. He now has all hands on deck. His excuses have run out. Bouk is back, Akok is back, Jackson is back, RJ has found his game. Now is the time.....WIN

Sincerely,
Husky Nation
P.S. Thanks for making us relevant again and for bringing in back to back stellar recruiting classes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
OP is right, hopped up on adderall, but right. Jackson aside from some foul trouble has made huge strides the last 3 games. He's a positive difference maker so long as he isn't our main breadwinner. Martin has stepped up too.

Between Bouk, Whaley, Martin, and Jackson, that is a solid 4 to have on the floor regardless of who else is playing well and we have a ton of depth now to pick and choose. I'd like to see either Cole or Gaff step up as a true lead/point guard that plays smarter than they have been playing, but I wouldn't say either has been hurting the team lately.

Cole/Gaff
Bouk
Jackson/Polley
Martin/Akok
Whaley/Sanogo/Carlton

Is a pretty good 10 man rotation. Hurley just needs to find the right combo as soon as possible in each game.

Last night was easy with Martin/Bouk/Whaley/Jackson and Cole all coming out of the gate strong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom