Dear Dan Hurley, | The Boneyard

Dear Dan Hurley,

Reaction Score
No more excuses. I’ve been one of his biggest defenders on here. He now has all hands on deck. His excuses have run out. Bouk is back, Akok is back, Jackson is back, RJ has found his game. Now is the time.....WIN

Sincerely,
Husky Nation

Reaction Score
I get where you are coming from, but the ride is already fun. Being Nationally relevant is a treat in itself. Relax and enjoy.
I’m relaxed. I just expect wins now. Or being relevant won’t last

Reaction Score
I’m relaxed. I just expect wins now. Or being relevant won’t last
You remember as well as I do the depth of the hole that the program was in just a few years back. We have come so far since then. Unfortunately there are a lot of strange twists and turns to season 3, which make me temper my expectations and enthusiasm. Nevertheless I'm finding this group remarkably fun to watch and I'm thrilled to get to see Jackson Booknight and Cole on the court together.

Reaction Score
You remember as well as I do the depth of the hole that the program was in just a few years back. We have come so far since then. Unfortunately there are a lot of strange twists and turns to season 3, which make me temper my expectations and enthusiasm. Nevertheless I'm finding this group remarkably fun to watch and I'm thrilled to get to see Jackson Booknight and Cole on the court together.
No absolutely, I agree 1000%. I’m grateful to this coach and these players for this turnaround we’ve seen. I just think now we have the pieces and the coach for the next step. This can go from being just fun to the beginning of dominance again. In the words of the great Khalid El Amin “Were gonna shock the world!”

Reaction Score
Not sure you can make a strong argument that Hurley's been making excuses up to this point.
He hasn’t been making excuses, it’s not in his blood. BUT he’s had some legit excuses. I’m not insinuating he’s made them. But there is not reason we shouldn’t win now

Reaction Score
Don’t sign that as if you’re representing Husky Nation. Some of us are proud of him already. Tonight doesn’t sway one way or the other.
If this team stumbles through the end of the season and misses the tournament while potentially having multiple guys with NBA talent on this roster, you’ll be proud of him? I’m not just referring to tonight. With this team and this talent we need to make the tournament. PERIOD

Reaction Score
Dear Dan,

Our fanbase continues to be irrational. They seem to already have forgotten where we came from just 3-4 years ago. A team that was devoid of awareness, bbiq, team defense, how to run an offense and any kind of passion what so ever, sans a player or two. You have turned the program around, you have recruited at a high level. We have had some quality wins already during this crazy COVID year despite the challenges of being put on break more than most other teams, however unfortunately the fan base sees only what they want to see. They freak out on games they think we "should've won" and don't respect enough the big wins like Xavier and USC. They see the closes losses got high quality teams as failures not learning opportunities (Oh and it's your fault our guys struggle to hit free throws at the end of games, 100)

They put blinders on and don't carry to see that losing games while missing our best player in bouk, our best stretch 4 who plays significantly better defense than the other one, and an electric young freshman could be a reason not an excuse. They seem to forget that this team plays with 300x more passion, better team defense, is one of if not the best offensive rebounding teams in the country and has depth for days.

Sorry Dan. All they focus on is the number in the right column. And they perseverate on it. It ruins their lives. They have no ability to look at the process. They believe you as a coach should be flawless. And if they spot a mistake, well they must know more than you and that it was a mistake. I'm sure they still believe that because you didn't play Sanogo more minutes against St. Johns that you didn't learn from that mistake and they were the only ones that noticed that. Somehow he is just miraculously playing more mins recently. Oh and you are not the only one in their short-sided crosshairs. RJ Cole should be playing D2 by now, Tyler Polley has no business playing unless he makes his first three and after AJs first couple of games we should've sat him down all year, Carlton has no role on the team, etc.

Keep doing you DH.

PS. The fanbase also thinks you should run lay up lines for an hour every practice because they think it's your fault your players clank their bunnies every game.

Reaction Score
Dear Dan,

Our fanbase continues to be irrational. They seem to already have forgotten where we came from just 3-4 years ago. A team that was devoid of awareness, BBQ, team defense, how to run an offense and any kind of passion what so ever, sans a player or two. You have turned the program around, you have recruited at a high level. We have had some quality wins already during this crazy COVID year despite the challenges of being put on break more than most other teams, however unfortunately the fan base sees only what they want to see. They freak out on games they think we "should've won" and don't respect enough the big wins like Xavier and USC. They see the closes losses got high quality teams as failures not learning opportunities (Oh and it's your fault our guys struggle to hit free throws at the end of games, 100)

They put blinders on and don't carry to see that losing games while missing our best player in bouk, our best stretch 4 who plays significantly better defense than the other one, and an electric young freshman could be a reason not an excuse. They seem to forget that this team plays with 300x more passion, better team defense, is one of if not the best offensive rebounding teams in the country and has depth for days.

Sorry Dan. All they focus on is the number in the right column. And they perseverate on it. It ruins their lives. They have no ability to look at the process. They believe you as a coach should be flawless. And if they spot a mistake, well they must know more than you and that it was a mistake. I'm sure they still believe that because you didn't play Sanogo more minutes against St. Johns that you didn't learn from that mistake and they were the only ones that noticed that. Somehow he is just miraculously playing more mins recently. Oh and you are not the only one in their short-sided crosshairs. RJ Cole should be playing D2 by now, Tyler Polley has no business playing unless he makes his first three and after AJs first couple of games we should've sat him down all year, Carlton has no role on the team, etc.

Keep doing you DH.

PS. The fanbase also thinks you should run lay up lines for an hour every practice because they think it's your fault your players clank their bunnies every game.
This can’t be directed at me lmaoo. The one guy who’s pushed that missing Bouk, Jackson, and Akok gave Dan a pass for that 8 game stretch. I don’t give a d*** about Ollie, or the last 2 years. They were fun and appreciated. The fact of the matter is now, today, on 2/16/2021 we have multiple NBA talents on this roster(Thanks to Hurley). If you’re expecting anything other than W’s, then I promise you that you and Dan Hurley aren’t on the same page. He now also expects to win games and be a tournament team. I’m 100% confident that Dan and I are operating under the same thought process right now. It’s time to win games. Pull The Sled!

Reaction Score
Sorry Dan! We don’t expect you to win now. Just have fun!!

Reaction Score
No more excuses. I’ve been one of his biggest defenders on here. He now has all hands on deck. His excuses have run out. Bouk is back, Akok is back, Jackson is back, RJ has found his game. Now is the time.....WIN

Sincerely,
Husky Nation
Wow. This is a tad strong.

Reaction Score
Wow. This is a tad strong.
Genuinely, I’m stumped lol. What’s strong about it? This is I’m certain the exact way Dan feels. It’s time to win. We now have all hands on deck.

Reaction Score
Genuinely, I’m stumped lol. What’s strong about it?
"No more excuses?" Don't get me wrong, I want to win as much as anyone else but you have to keep in mind with how far we've come. I am hopeful that tonight is the beginning of a great 8 weeks for all of us.

Reaction Score
This can’t be directed at me lmaoo. The one guy who’s pushed that missing Bouk, Jackson, and Akok gave Dan a pass for that 8 game stretch. I don’t give a d*** about Ollie, or the last 2 years. They were fun and appreciated. The fact of the matter is now, today, on 2/16/2021 we have multiple NBA talents on this roster(Thanks to Hurley). If you’re expecting anything other than W’s, then I promise you that you and Dan Hurley aren’t on the same page. He now also expects to win games and be a tournament team. I’m 100% confident that Dan and I are operating under the same thought process right now. It’s time to win games. Pull The Sled!
No. It wasn't necessarily directed at you. It was a reaction to numerous comments I've read on this board that were complete prisoner of the moment, b*tching about small sample sizes, individual coaching decisions and people totally losing sight of where we were, where we actually are and the process. It's ridiculous what this board drums up. I thought your post was a little more in line with that at first, almost saying that DH is on your proverbial hot seat if he doesn't win tonight or whatever. But it's just one game. He may lose tonight. But then we may beat Nova in the next game and everyone will go on that roller coaster of irrationally low insults to irrationally high praise in small samples sizes of one game. We can beat the best in this conference and the nation with Hurley and with the team that HE has compiled. Whether we have a slip up or not, remains to be seen, but is not a reason to tear him down every time.

Reaction Score
Timing. Tone. Content. Presuming to speak for Husky Nation.

Otherwise fine.
There’s no way you can hear tone, all I’ve heard over the last 2 weeks is how we should have been winning the games we’ve lost. Now with Bouk back we should expect to win anymore?

Let me get this right. None of you expect to win? Cool. Noted.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There’s no way you can hear tone, all I’ve heard over the last 2 weeks is how we should have been winning the games we’ve lost. Now with Bouk back we should expect to win anymore?

Let me get this right. None of you expect to win? Cool. Noted.
No, we all expect to win.

Most of us didn't think that was lost on Hurley.

Reaction Score
Sleep on your original post and re-read it again tomorrow. I think I know what you intended to say but it doesn't come off that way at all.

Cheers & Huskies!
Okay, I’ll make myself clear. I’m super giddy about this team right now. My post was more so meant as a hype message to the coach and players(obviously they aren’t going to see it). The hand the team and Hurley were dealt this season has been crappy. I think so crappy that I don’t think you could have held Hurley accountable for the slip in performance. All I’m saying is now that is no longer the case. We’ve been practicing, gotten a chance to play consecutive games, and are virtually fully healthy. Now is the time to raise expectations and go take this season by the horns and win some games. I don’t think that’s unfair or “strong” an any sense

Reaction Score
No, we all expect to win.

Most of us didn't think that was lost on Hurley.
Never said it was lost on Hurley. Nothing I said was out of pocket. Nothing. You all Mis-read my tone, and I’ll hold that. But I fully not only expect to win, but I think we will

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom