Dear ACC/CYO: | The Boneyard

Dear ACC/CYO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ACC: Pitt, Notre Dame and Syracuse are now your problem. Give us a call when you want a school that can actually HELP your record in the NCAAs, and we might consider joining you. Catholic 7: Good thing you grabbed Creighton and Butler....obviously you also recognized that the core 7 would badly damage your NCAA record. Unfortunately, we aren't available to help you out.

Sincerely,

UConn

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I didn't think I could make it any more obvious. We're obviously not "so good" -- we're just better than teams with crappier basketball programs and no football program. If it's not gonna sink in now, it's never going to.

Now, don't get me wrong, C7 should be a nice basketball conference. But I'd rather be in a major all-sports conference -- or, more to the point, I'd rather have the chance of being in a major conference.

Just because my friend is super happy with his ugly girlfriend and I don't have one* doesn't mean I'm jealous of him. Well, maybe I'm a little jealous of his happiness but I don't want his ugly girlfriend!

*I am happily married.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.
She'd also no longer be a PC fan. From what I've gathered over the years even the PC men are women (most of them pee sitting down).

Reaction Score
And if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.

She does. It's disgusting.

BCNOEMqCUAAgDJc.jpg

Reaction Score
I can not wait until Gtown, Nova, Butler and Marquette get tired of carrying the dead weight that is PC, Seton Hall, and DePaul on their backs! That will be fun to watch!!!

Reaction Score
If you're so good...why does no one want you?
Sean...newsflash Pitino and Barnes are LONG gone...you have been irrelevent since Barnes left for Austin! Cooley couldn't even get this team into the tournament this year...it goes downhill from here with him. I absolutely LOVE how you PC fans talk so much about us...our football budget is more than your ENTIRE athletic budget! It won't take us long to abuse you guys on the ice either after we join HE! Good riddance to you and your scum sucking brethern...TAKE CARE NOW!!!!

Reaction Score

You have absolutely no response to the fact that UConn carried this conference on its back. Year after year flameouts by the CYO and Pitt/Cuse would have made this conference the laughingstock of the nation were it not for UConn's 3 national championships.

Reaction Score
Hey . Will u be sending is any money from your Fox deal. Because without u you'd have NO value to them. Enjoy your slide to deep mediocrity. While we are winning titles. Eat it Friar

Reaction Score
Sean...newsflash Pitino and Barnes are LONG gone...you have been irrelevent since Barnes left for Austin! Cooley couldn't even get this team into the tournament this year...it goes downhill from here with him. I absolutely LOVE how you PC fans talk so much about us...our football budget is more than your ENTIRE athletic budget! It won't take us long to abuse you guys on the ice either after we join HE! Good riddance to you and your scum sucking brethern...TAKE CARE NOW!!!!

History lesson; Barnes went to Clemson, not directly to Texas. Also, PC went to the elite 8 three years later. So there's that. PC hoops was run into the ground by keno Davis, Cooley has it going in the right direction. Bring your hockey team on. Our guy has it going in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I look forward to the Hockey East. Brings back a lot of old rivalries.

Reaction Score
History lesson; Barnes went to Clemson, not directly to Texas. Also, PC went to the elite 8 three years later. So there's that. PC hoops was run into the ground by keno Davis, Cooley has it going in the right direction. Bring your hockey team on. Our guy has it going in the right direction.

The names change but the quote remains the same.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the history lesson...you are so irrelevant I forget Barnes went to Clemson. Elite 8...you hanging your hat on that and the Final 4 Pitino took you too? Win 3 national championships then you can come here and run your mouth! Since you are into giving history lessons please tell me when the last time PC's athletic budget was larger than UConn's football budget alone? And wait didn't PC cut one of the best baseball programs (they also cut golf and tennis as well) in the BE to save money in 1999? I don't want to hear is was about Title IX...it was about the bottom line cold hard cash...
If you think Ed Cooley will bring you back to the Elite 8 or Final 4 I have a bridge to sell you...no 2 bridges not far from Providence that cross the Cape Cod canal. You know what the BEST thing is about PC leaving is...we don't have to carry you our backs anymore! Go leach off of GTown, Nova, Butler and Marquette!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So there's that? an elite eight visit fifteen years ago (when most current HS players were just learning to walk and some weren't even born yet)? IIRC Keno was the best thing since sliced bread until about ten games into his last season at PC (at least according to most PC fans) but the story today is that PC was late 1960's UCLA when he arrived and somehow he destroyed the program. Now it is Cooley who is the greatest hire ever (for the time being). I imagine that in about eighteen months the story will be that it was Cooley who destroyed the program. The reality is that it hasn't been a program since before the BE began. Once Gavitt had more important things to do than coach your school's basketball team there was no longer a program. Pitino had a couple of very nice years but two years does not a program make. There were also a couple of decent seasons under Barnes and later Gillen but neither could get out of town quickly enough. Now the future of your program is all on Cooley. That is one hell of a lot of pressure to place on what appears to be a decent guy who is at best an average game coach. I am confident however that the solution is that once he fails,his successor will become the best thing ever (for at least a year or two) and it will have been Cooley who destroyed the program.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I come here for several reasons. Certainly to celebrate and commiserate with those who are rooting for UConn. But I'm almost as entertained by the defensiveness and off handed jabs as by the put downs and smack talk. I'll give you some style points for the off handed jab. You were the hockey player who used his stick to trip someone from behind. I expect you to get slammed into the boards momentarily for that affront. And they won't care that you will see it coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom