DeAndre Daniels listed on NBA Draft | The Boneyard

DeAndre Daniels listed on NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

Hey fellow boneyarders its been a while but thought I would post a thread on Daniels. I have been hard on the guy especially his freshman year, but he has surprised me and alot of NBA scouts as well with his progress. He is now listed on http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft as the 29th pick of the first round of next year's draft.

With our recruits coming in mainly Kentan Facey and Samuels, and with our returning roster, I think DeAndre can lead us to the promise land next year. We have a good shot to go for our 4th NCAA championship with Kentucky being our main competitor. DeAndre, Boatright, Calhoun, Giffey, Facey, Wolf, Phil Nolan, Samuels, is a very good 8 main rotation we can use for next year.

Reaction Score
Hey fellow boneyarders its been a while but thought I would post a thread on Daniels. I have been hard on the guy especially his freshman year, but he has surprised me and alot of NBA scouts as well with his progress. He is now listed on http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft as the 29th pick of the first round of next year's draft.

With our recruits coming in mainly Kentan Facey and Samuels, and with our returning roster, I think DeAndre can lead us to the promise land next year. We have a good shot to go for our 4th NCAA championship with Kentucky being our main competitor. DeAndre, Boatright, Calhoun, Giffey, Facey, Wolf, Phil Nolan, Samuels, is a very good 8 main rotation we can use for next year.

Olander is completely out??

Reaction Score
Can we hold off on proclaiming Facey and Samuel (no s, people) as regular parts of a very good rotation? We haven't seen them play one minute of basketball. Also, we need to temper some expectations. We were a team with a mid major frontcourt last year and are adding two raw big men to that mix. I know PN and Wolf should improve, but I'm not ready to proclaim us national title contenders just yet.

Reaction Score
eh, Facey has been on SNY and MSG Varsity a ton, granted its HS competition but plenty of us have seen him. After watching him I don't see how anyone can think he won't be able to contribute as at least a rebounder and a shotblocker, two areas where the team was woefully deficient last year.

Can we hold off on proclaiming Facey and Samuel (no s, people) as regular parts of a very good rotation? We haven't seen them play one minute of basketball. Also, we need to temper some expectations. We were a team with a mid major frontcourt last year and are adding two raw big men to that mix. I know PN and Wolf should improve, but I'm not ready to proclaim us national title contenders just yet.

H

huskymagic

Umm, Shabazz Napier?

I think Shabazz will probably enter the draft, but if he stays even better. His reaction at the last game against Providence showed that he is thinking of leaving. It would be great if he stayed and we would be even stronger in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
I think Shabazz will probably enter the draft, but if he stays even better. His reaction at the last game against Providence showed that he is thinking of leaving. It would be great if he stayed and we would be even stronger in the backcourt.

shabazz has been in a walking boot since the providence game. i didn't think he was gonna declare to begin with. but the fact that he hasn't been able to work out, and most likely won't be able to participate in pre-draft workouts, seals the deal that he'll be back.

Reaction Score
eh, Facey has been on SNY and MSG Varsity a ton, granted its HS competition but plenty of us have seen him. After watching him I don't see how anyone can think he won't be able to contribute as at least a rebounder and a shotblocker, two areas where the team was woefully deficient last year.

I have seen him as well and he does pass the looks test. But penciling him in is dangerous and I think people are thinking he (moreso than anyone) will arrive to solidify the front court. I saw plenty of DD in high school videos and thought he'd be a one and done guy for us (as did most experts) and we saw that he needed a good year and a half to adapt. We have burned more often than not with our expectations, especially with "raw" front court guys.

H

huskymagic

Olander is completely out??

Mauconn Olander has peaked talent wise. With Facey and Brimah coming in not to mention Wolf and Nolan, Olander is our weakest big man. Olander cannot change the game or help UCONN in rebounding, toughness, scoring, etc.

I don't envision Olander starting or playing big minutes with the guys we have if we want to compete for a title next year.

Starting lineup :

G: Boatright
G: Calhoun
SF: Giffey
PF: DeAndre Daniels
C: Kentan Facey

Bench: Wolf, Samuels, Phil Nolan

Reaction Score
shabazz has been in a walking boot since the providence game. i didn't think he was gonna declare to begin with. but the fact that he hasn't been able to work out, and most likely won't be able to participate in pre-draft workouts, seals the deal that he'll be back.
If Bazz leaves, we aren't contenders. Solid team, but by no means a title contender IMO.

Reaction Score
Starting lineup :

napier will be back... and he'll be in the starting lineup.

granted all this talk is speculation right now anyways. but all the signs point to him returning.

Reaction Score

You've been away way too long

Reaction Score
Is this thread serious? We have absolutely no shot at a title without napier, he was the heart and soul of our team last year and carried us.

H

huskymagic

napier will be back... and he'll be in the starting lineup.

granted all this talk is speculation right now anyways. but all the signs point to him returning.

If he's back the starting lineup will be Napier, Boat, Calhoun, DeAndre, Facey(or maybe Wolf). We can replicate Louisvilles undersized quicker lineup.

Reaction Score
Mauconn Olander has peaked talent wise. With Facey and Brimah coming in not to mention Wolf and Nolan, Olander is our weakest big man. Olander cannot change the game or help UCONN in rebounding, toughness, scoring, etc.

I don't envision Olander starting or playing big minutes with the guys we have if we want to compete for a title next year.

Starting lineup :

Bench: Wolf, Samuels, Phil Nolan

Without Bazz we have no chance competing for a title next year. This lineup you have won't take us very far.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Wolf can get stronger and improve defense, he'll be our starting center.

Reaction Score
If Lamb and Drummond come back they will compliment Shabazz and kemba very nicely. Throw in alittle roscoe and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and that team could easily place top 3 in next years AAC.

Reaction Score

Usually you can project guys into the rotation. How valuable and how much production you get is the part that is to be determined. We knew Calhoun would be a rotation guy last year, we knew Daniels and Boatright would the year before, etc. Doesn't always work out the way you think - one year we had CV as a surefire starter, and that turned out to be Boone.

Facey looks like a rotation guy, although I'm very hesitant to start hoping for specific numbers (8-6-2), he could prove to be not ready for major minutes. Samuel projects to being a rotation guy right now just out of sheer need - he'll have the RJ Evans minutes (3-5 on a crap day with Bazz-Boat going close to 40 each, 15-20 on a good day). Unless Calhoun becomes a better ballhandler and can play some minutes at the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom