OT: - Dead Animal Somewhere | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Dead Animal Somewhere

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What did it taste like? I'd imagine a chicken thigh, or rabbit if you've had that.

My daughter had two guinea pigs and when I was searching for different cage options, pictures of the guinea pig shish kabobs came up. Always been curious about it....and never ate her pets.

Honestly hard to say because there was so little meat. Chicken/rabbit, I guess, yeah.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My parents trapped a squirrel in the basement and let it go on the other side of the river. It was screaming the entire time. Later during spring cleaning, they opened a box and it had 4 dead squirrel babies.

3fhX.gif

Reaction Score
Rather long winded, but here goes:
When I was working in the early 90's at Glen Gery brick in Berks County PA, there was a guy they called Snapper, who was one of those Fred Sanford types, he'd always be asking if you, or anyone you knew, needed to have a garage or house emptied, he kept everything, and apparently kept his own home packed to the gills with from emptying other folks properties. Dirty, smelly fella pushing 250 lbs. He lived in a house with his wife and 2 kids, and apparently, they didn't have running water in the place, so he'd bring the family in to shower when the off shifts were running the 12 hour burn at the plant a few times per week, when there were only like 5 guys in the place. He was the guy on your shift, that everybody hurried to beat into, and out of, the shower house, he was a real slob. I was never present to see it, thankfully I was fast enough to shower, dress and split, but guys told me he was fond of digging toe jamb for a good 20 minutes, naked as could be, before getting showered.

Any way, they used to hand out turkeys at Thanksgiving, hams at Easter, etc....to the workers, and one Thanksgiving year, he takes his turkey home to the wife and kids. His old lady is prepping the bird for the oven, and if I recall details correctly, she realizes that she doesn't have something (like sliced pineapple or some for on top of the thing) before it went into the stove, so the entire family piles into his truck and off to the local grocery to pick up whatever it actually was that she needed. Problem is, she left the bird on the kitchen table when they split. Upon returning home, she finished and stuck the bird in the oven. After a while, they smell something that certainly wasn't normal aroma from a turkey. She pulls the thing out of the oven and they realize that a rat crawled into the bird and was what they smelled cooking. The unreal part of my story? They still finished cooking the thing and ate the turkey.

Now I know what you are all thinking, I am full of it, no way anybody could be that disgusting. Lemme tell you all though, this story WAS NOT made up by a co-worker of the dude who lived like Fred Sanford, this story was actually told by Snapper himself, during lunch break one afternoon after the Thanksgiving holiday break, circa 1990.

All that I can say, hearing his words, with my own 2 ears that day, from the dude whose family actually ate the free turkey partially baked with a rat inside of it, is that I thank the heavens above that I wasn't eating turkey leftovers during lunch break that afternoon. Oh, yeah, and how can anybody be that desperate, too? Back then we were all making like $22/hour, could've went out and bought his wife and kids a fresh, uncontaminated bird.....not Snapper, though.

30 years on and I still feel as though I lived through an audition for a Chevy Chase, Vacation type movie that day, and I have never looked at the Thanksgiving holiday the same since.
1603564121229.gif

Reaction Score
For those following at home - the doc is in and we’ve extracted the foreign body.

I’d like to thank the community for all the help.

Couldn’t have done it without you.
View attachment 60262
View attachment 60263
Hard to see exactly where it is, but from the general area it looks like there is at least some possiblity that he was eating insulation off the wire and electricuted himself. If you aren't sure how he died, and didn't look at the insulation, you may want to. As always disconnnect electically before working.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Hard to see exactly where it is, but from the general area it looks like there is at least some possiblity that he was eating insulation off the wire and electricuted himself. If you aren't sure how he died, and didn't look at the insulation, you may want to. As always disconnnect electically before working.

He definitely did get electrocuted - looks like his body hit the connector between the wire and the heating element - didn’t see any damage to anything though and everything’s working fine.

The best thing to come out of this is that scope camera though, not sure how I went so long without having one of those.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He definitely did get electrocuted - looks like his body hit the connector between the wire and the heating element - didn’t see any damage to anything though and everything’s working fine.

The best thing to come out of this is that scope camera though, not sure how I went so long without having one of those.

Is that under a stove burner or the vent fan?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They’re not coming from the vent above the range that goes outside ... when I pulled the oven out there were droppings back there and a hole I imagine is big enough for those little bastards to squeeze through so I’m going to fill that in with foam.

There’s a fan/vent on the back of the range itself when the oven is on. Unfortunately it’s about the width on a pencil and it bends inside the range.

I took off almost all outside panels last night and still couldn’t get to it - seems like an ordeal and might cost some money to have a guy deconstruct this thing just for a mouse carcass.

The smell is getting stronger - so there’s that. Thinking of riding this run out by burning candles and running the exhaust fan most of the day - if I get desperate I’ll try a snake but I think the outcome of that is I’ll just be poking holes in it’s rotting little body.

View attachment 60162
Nice kitchen

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Nice kitchen
Nice job finding the rodent. Do you guys ever cook? The underside of that hood is cleaner than ours was when it came out of the box.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This past week our garage became odiferous with death. Maggoty mouse carcass found at bottom of container we use for stashing recyclable bottles.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
When I was a little kid we spent a weekend at a house we had on Narragansett Bay. I found a horseshoe crab "shell" that I thought was really cool, so I stuck in in an empty soft side cooler to keep it. Turned out some or most of the shell's inhabitant was still in there. The cooler made it's way back to our home garage and sat there for WAY too long. Probably one of the worst smells I've ever experienced in my life.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
So, @tykurez started this thread around 9am on the 20th. About 24 hours before I was scheduled to have prostate surgery. I came to the Boneyard to take my mind off of how they actually get to your prostate to actually perform that surgery.

It's not how you'd you think....

Anyway, I come here to relax about what I'm about to endure and..

Try a shopvac or snake? Blow some lime in there?

The smell will definitely go away. But then comes decaying seepage.

Or inexpensive snake inspection camera (look at Amazon)

C6F71E52-2524-41F0-B38D-5265B0686FDC.jpeg

That’s a holiday delicacy on a stick over a fire......

We want a “unveiling of the critter” video.

I'll try the veal!

Needless to say, I didn't sleep for sh@t that night but thank you all for making the past 11 days go by much easier. Clean bill of health today. I'm pretty sure my doc used the same camera probe tyk bought on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So like in 10 days we went from "dead animal smell somewhere" to problem solved, and potentially life threatening condition all good. If anyone thinks there's a better message board out there anywhere, please post link.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
you may want a second opinion - maybe a doc with an HD camera. congrats on your clean rectum though!

I'd have paid double if they went in via the rectum!

Reaction Score
So, @tykurez started this thread around 9am on the 20th. About 24 hours before I was scheduled to have prostate surgery. I came to the Boneyard to take my mind off of how they actually get to your prostate to actually perform that surgery.

It's not how you'd you think....

Anyway, I come here to relax about what I'm about to endure and..

View attachment 60546

Needless to say, I didn't sleep for sh@t that night but thank you all for making the past 11 days go by much easier. Clean bill of health today. I'm pretty sure my doc used the same camera probe tyk bought on Amazon.
Gives new meaning to the term “taking it to the hole”. Amirite?
No??
I’ll show myself out.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger