DB John Robinson IV to transfer... | The Boneyard

DB John Robinson IV to transfer...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not surprising. Best of luck to him moving forward. I know there's one more on the way that'll be equally unsurprising. I thought he should have gotten more of a shot this year but who knows what the deal was

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Interesting no mention of Coach Edsall.

there are a lot of kids who were recruited/ played for Diaco who are very much still on his side. nothing against them and without being in those meeting rooms/ not having been coached by him we will never know how he truly was as a mentor or coach.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
there are a lot of kids who were recruited/ played for Diaco who are very much still on his side. nothing against them and without being in those meeting rooms/ not having been coached by him we will never know how he truly was as a mentor or coach.

Hopefully none are left after the #purge.

Reaction Score

It’s pretty standard to mention current coach when transferring. Very telling that he didn’t.

I have no problem with him mentioning Coach Fish Cakes.

Reaction Score
It has just begun.
Of course there are rumors out there as to another one, possibly two, but your comment seems to suggest this could involve several more. Do you have some inside knowledge on numbers HS, or is this more of a hunch?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Josh Reardon (DB coach under Diaco) is coaching safeties at Mercer. Maybe that's a potential landing spot.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Josh Reardon (DB coach under Diaco) is coaching safeties at Mercer. Maybe that's a potential landing spot.

When I look for landing spots, I look into their recently followed on Twitter. It's usually accurate as to where they're looking

Reaction Score
I hope it all works out for him. These changes are hard on many kids who are caught in the middle. I'm sure many are grateful for the shot they were given by Diaco, especially those who might borderline IA. The problem is you can only have so many Rudys on a squad.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ve got no issues with him singing the praises of Diaco while neglecting to mention Edsall.

I’ve also got no issue with these kids leaving.
Yep recruited by Red Pants and REv2 didn't see a role for him. I wish him well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As his comment indicates, he's a Diaco recruit, which probably put him at odds with Edsall from the outset. He then probably landed in the HuskyHouse after his arrest for DUI. The relationship was probably irreconcilable after that. Didn't exactly need tea leaves to foretell this one. Good luck, John.

On the other hand, it does make room for a DB more comfortable with his closing speed in order to bump & run and/or jam at the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
As his comment indicates, he's a Diaco recruit, which probably put him at odds with Edsall from the outset. He then probably landed in the HuskyHouse after his arrest for DUI. The relationship was probably irreconcilable after that. Didn't exactly need tea leaves to foretell this one. Good luck, John.

On the other hand, it does make room for a DB more comfortable with his closing speed in order to bump & run and/or jam at the line of scrimmage.
I wish him the best. It's tough when a new regime comes in and you're no longer a good fit. Some people stick it out and some move on, you do what's best for you based on your situation and goals. I have no doubt that HCRE would have helped him grow as an individual, but if seeing the field is very important then he probably made the right call.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to him...however, he was recruited by BD, so maybe he knew he won't be playing next year.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to him...however, he was recruited by BD, so maybe he knew he won't be playing next year.

I think Edsall gave everyone on the roster he inherited a chance to earn a place in his system. Some just do not have what he was looking for. Diaco valued certain things, Edsall values others. I don’t think he would ever not play someone just because he was “Diaco’s guy.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom