DB Aaron Garland to Transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DB Aaron Garland to Transfer

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You can’t transfer within the conference.

http://theamerican.org/custompages/files/compliance/Minimum Qualifying Standards policy.docx.

"If such a student-athlete triggered transfer status as defined by the NCAA (per bylaw 14.5.2), they would be subject to our intra-conference transfer policy. Consequently, the only way such an individual would be eligible to compete at an American institution is if they meet any of the transfer exceptions noted within the American minimum qualifying standards policy. In addition, since such an individual triggered transfer status, our intra-conference transfer policy would mandate that such individual would be prohibited from competing and receiving athletic aid during their first year in residence at their second American institution. In addition, such an individual would be charged with the loss of one season of eligibility in all sports."

Seems possible, but complicated and dependent on academic standing.

Reaction Score
http://theamerican.org/custompages/files/compliance/Minimum Qualifying Standards policy.docx.

"If such a student-athlete triggered transfer status as defined by the NCAA (per bylaw 14.5.2), they would be subject to our intra-conference transfer policy. Consequently, the only way such an individual would be eligible to compete at an American institution is if they meet any of the transfer exceptions noted within the American minimum qualifying standards policy. In addition, since such an individual triggered transfer status, our intra-conference transfer policy would mandate that such individual would be prohibited from competing and receiving athletic aid during their first year in residence at their second American institution. In addition, such an individual would be charged with the loss of one season of eligibility in all sports."

Seems possible, but complicated and dependent on academic standing.

With all due respect to lawyers, reading stuff like this is why people hate you.

Reaction Score
You don't think Keyion Dixon was AAC material? For a redshirt freshman I thought he was pretty dam good.

He has room to develop. None of our WR’s could get separation. When they went against physical DB’s they were over matched.

Reaction Score
He has room to develop. None of our WR’s could get separation. When they went against physical DB’s they were over matched.
I think he's the best open field runner of the WR's, but he does need to put some muscle on this off season. He was one of the best QB's in the state in high school at Glastonbury High.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's sum it up this way. I'm leaving because the future at uconn for me is limited. I was part of the five back defense that allowed 50 points a game ant the coaches are trying to improve on this.

I consistently say poor onfield performance is partly due to the player on the field and partly due to the next guy on the depth chart not pushing the starter off the field.

Reaction Score
How many Diaco recruits are legitimate AAC players? Honest question.
His best recruit to me by far, is Peart. Then after that probably, Mayala. Just not much there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
His best recruit to me by far, is Peart. Then after that probably, Mayala. Just not much there.

I still think people are sleeping on McLean. He was our third leading receiver behind Mayala and Newsome, with almost 500 yards total and averaging 15 per reception. And he was really big on third down conversions.

I love having a tall, competent receiver with good hands on the roster. As much as I hate Diaco, he definitely got it right on that one...

Reaction Score
I still think people are sleeping on McLean. He was our third leading receiver behind Mayala and Newsome, with almost 500 yards total and averaging 15 per reception. And he was really big on third down conversions.

I love having a tall, competent receiver with good hands on the roster. As much as I hate Diaco, he definitely got it right on that one...
I like him. He is going into his senior year and seems to make some tough catches.

Reaction Score
I like him. He is going into his senior year and seems to make some tough catches.
Just too easy to bring down. Needs to get stronger. Should be in the WR rotation though, big target.

Reaction Score

this... McLean was without question our toughest WR... From that assessment, he should be starting... I thought Skanes was decent as well.. along with Mayala.... Beals kinda regressed but you can still see potential to contribute there...
So, right now, our best WRs are Dixon, McLean, Mayala, Skanes, Beals... Donovan Williams is a wildcard, still... Would be nice to see him develop in his final 2 seasons into a legit red zone threat instead of simply put in for Wildcat formations...

Reaction Score
He doesn't seem to make tough catches bro... He makes tough catches.. period... He is our best WR... Mayala, on paper is, but McLean, from the body of work this past season showed up and showed out in big spots... especially in the middle of the field... His toughness alone, for me, gives him the nod over all the others....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom