DB Aaron Garland to Transfer | The Boneyard

DB Aaron Garland to Transfer

Reaction Score
I kinda feel bad for these guys who are obviously being pushed out, but that's life. We don't know which ones are leaving due to playing time, work ethic, personality conflicts, etc, etc. so hopefully they'll end up getting a free ride somewhere else. Most do.

Reaction Score
I find the tweets from both very telling. Thanking a staff that was inept and despised seems odd, to say the least. Just thank the university and staffs and move on.

For the record, I had high hopes for this kid, so not thrilled to see him leave.

Have to believe more departures coming as semester comes to a close.

Reaction Score
Both Aaron and John had little to no playing time with true freshman starting over them....can’t say I blame them! Good luck to both of them moving forward!
Garland was one of the higher rated recruits with other FBS offers. Robinson impressed as a frosh. Neither of this guys cracked the rotation this year in secondary that had trouble covering and tackling. Pretty clear sign they weren't viewed as part of the fix here.

Reaction Score
Like @whaler11 said..#Purge...these guys couldn’t play or make a difference inna secondary that was absolutely terrible for pretty much the entire year...good kids but IMHO not much of a loss

Reaction Score
Let's sum it up this way. I'm leaving because the future at uconn for me is limited. I was part of the five back defense that allowed 50 points a game ant the coaches are trying to improve on this.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The timing here is important. The more kids that leave now ahead of 12/20, the more confident the staff can be making offers on the recruiting trail this month.

By my calc we need three more to exit the program ASAP so that we can take a full 28 kids. I got to 28 because we can count early enrollees towards last year's 25 head cap. Currently we have three planned to enter early. However, in order to free up enough scholarships under the 85 slot total cap and get to 28 total new kids, we need 3 more to exit early.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I find the tweets from both very telling. Thanking a staff that was inept and despised seems odd, to say the least. Just thank the university and staffs and move on.

For the record, I had high hopes for this kid, so not thrilled to see him leave.

Both kids were given a chance by Diaco to play FBS football. Show me a kid that turns down that opportunity. They should thank him.

Edsall has never been one to sugar coat things with the players. The departing kids can and should be forgiven if they don't thank Edsall.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How many Diaco recruits are legitimate AAC players? Honest question.

IMO most of the WRs, Peart, and DeGeorge...jury's out on Hopkins, Gilmartin, Swenson, Coyle.

Reaction Score
Both kids were given a chance by Diaco to play FBS football. Show me a kid that turns down that opportunity. They should thank him.

Edsall has never been one to sugar coat things with the players. The departing kids can and should be forgiven if they don't thank Edsall.

Unfortunately, used car salesman loaded the roster with way too many Ryan Dickens.

I asked the question earlier and went back and answered it myself. A lot of them are young but I counted exactly 3 competent AAC level players from Diaco’s first 2 classes.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Skanes and Dixon might not be there yet, but for freshmen they impressed me.

It's worth noting their offer lists were considerably more in line with the kind of kids we should be getting rather than the Bryant/Monmouth blue plate specials.

McLean is the real deal also. He made a bunch of big catches this year. Credit where credit is due...

Reaction Score
Both kids were given a chance by Diaco to play FBS football. Show me a kid that turns down that opportunity. They should thank him. Edsall has never been one to sugar coat things with the players. The departing kids can and should be forgiven if they don't thank Edsall.

Your point is right that Diaco gave them a chance to come here and play. But being in an alternative, everything is always positive universe, is just not the real world. Diaco has been learning that himself, in a big way, during the past 12 months. Today's kids are brought up in school systems that are very forgiving and always positive, like Diaco is, so many of them have a difficult time dealing with someone who is based in reality and tells it like it is. Edsall is based in reality and a straight shooter. Someday they'll thank HCRE for telling them the way it really is and giving them a chance to go elsewhere and play. If Diaco was still here, shudder the thought, they'd be sitting on the bench and being told that everything is just wonderful, they're doing great and that their chance to play is just around the corner. Oh, while you're waiting...here's another breakfast bar. Ugh!

Reaction Score

Its not that deep

Reaction Score
Robinson may not have had another offer; the same can't be said for Garland. Best wishes to them both.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Robinson may not have had another offer; the same can't be said for Garland. Best wishes to them both.

Both are following a number of FCS DCs/position coaches (Delaware, Lafayette, Tennessee State for Robinson - Eastern Kentucky, Missouri State, and Northwestern State for Garland) on Twitter now. They'll land on their feet.

Edit: Looks like Garland has a Tulsa GA following him as well. Obviously this is me reading into the tea leaves too much, but it'd be interesting to see him stick around in the conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Garland goes FBS he plays one year.

Who would tie up a scholarship for 2 years to get one year out of a player who never saw the field here.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It's Tulsa. They aren't exactly brimming with talent.

Reaction Score
Skanes and Dixon might not be there yet, but for freshmen they impressed me.

It's worth noting their offer lists were considerably more in line with the kind of kids we should be getting rather than the Bryant/Monmouth blue plate specials.

Jury is still out on Skanes and Dixon. They’re young. I had Diggs, Mayala, and Peart. We just have to hope Edsall can develop a handful of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom