Dazon Ingram (Committed to Alabama) | The Boneyard

Dazon Ingram (Committed to Alabama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just decommitted from Alabama.

Per ESPN:
Strengths:
Dazon is an athletic, left-handed wing. He has the potential to develop into a combo but right now he is at his best scoring in transition from the wing. Offensively he is a lefty slasher with a streaky jump shot to 20 feet. He shoots best with his feet set

Reaction Score
I'd take him, but I'd be more interested in Donta' Hall if he were to decommit, because out of Enoch/Hall/Facey/Lubin/Nolan one of those guys would have to, in theory, be a competent complimentary piece to Amida.

Reaction Score
I'd like to get Bruce Brown first and foremost, but as we know, we have to keep our options open since a lot of decisions recently haven't gone our way.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Just decommitted from Alabama.

Per ESPN:
Strengths:
Dazon is an athletic, left-handed wing. He has the potential to develop into a combo but right now he is at his best scoring in transition from the wing. Offensively he is a lefty slasher with a streaky jump shot to 20 feet. He shoots best with his feet set

Rival has him as a three star point guard. 6'4" .

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We need players, dammit. If he wants to ball, sign him up.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That's what got us into the roster mess we're in now. If they know a basketball from a football, give them a scholarship.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's what got us into the roster mess we're in now. If they know a basketball from a football, give them a scholarship.
If we had a shortage of scholarships, this might be true. But we don't, and it's not.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Please please tell me u are joking. Because it is extremely foolish
I have no idea about Ingram in particular, but as a general premise what is foolish about the notion of adding players to this roster? Perhaps I don't understand the scholarship picture, but don't we have two walk-ons with scholarships this season because we have them to spare, i.e., not enough scholarship players? I understand that we'd love to fill them all with 5 and 4-star recruits, but do we have any issue at all where we need to be concerned with saving scholarships at this point? If so, I misunderstood the situation and would like to have a better understanding of what it is. Thanks.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If we have spots to fill and no four or five stars available, we need to fill the holes with JUCO players or 5th year transfers, not commit to 4 year recruits that aren't part of the long term picture.

Reaction Score
Historically these guys transfer and also we do not need bench players. We got enough

Reaction Score
If we have spots to fill and no four or five stars available, we need to fill the holes with JUCO players or 5th year transfers, not commit to 4 year recruits that aren't part of the long term picture.
Yeah because our last couple four year players in Giffey, Napier and Boat didn't work out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I asked a friend who lives in Birmingham and follows 'Bama and he said that Ingram was their second-best incoming recruit until he decommitted yesterday. That's all I got.

Reaction Score
I think you missed the critical part of "not part of the long term picture."

He's saying you don't just take people you didn't recruit simply because they're available.
True, but it is late in the recruiting process and if we can get an under the radar guy or a decommit we should do that. No point in holding scholarships because Phil and Omar will be seniors anyway.

Reaction Score
Really. I mean, how do we know if he can replace those critical minutes Dan Guest filled?

Based on all of the recruiting services and all information available outside of that fantastic dunk video above, Ingram looks like a somewhat talented but limited option at guard. Almost definitely a four year player who may or may not contribute as much as some of our much more highly ranked recruits that ended up playing all four years. If we give out scholarships to players who will be here four years but likely won't have a huge impact on our team over their careers, that limits us recruiting going forward more than giving the scholarship to a grad transfer or even a walk on for a year, sucking it up and then having an extra scholarship to potentially land a more talented kid down the line.

Do we need another guard? Sure. Should we panic and throw scholarships at Plan Y kids because we've missed out on every thus far? No

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just don't know the scholarship picture. I know Boat, Guest and Lenehan are leaving, and Adams and Enoch are coming in. I also know we are hopeful for a Brown reclassification that allows us to pick him up, and we are trying for another point guard from a steadily thinning group. I guess we are probably still not 100% out with Stone, because--as the recruiting gurus here preach--things change. Does that mean we have no expendable schollies that are going to end up going to walk-ons again? Serious question--as I said, I don't know the numbers. I know Phil and Omar, at a minimum, are gone next year. That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom